Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I bought a stove through Davis tent company last month with my new wall tent(2 months ago special).
The stove was a Five dog it all came in stove and tent were top notch so much so my hunting Buddy ordered a five dog stove for his tent through a web site (not Davis) on the internet talking to him today he said it still has not come in he called the site and they claimed that the stove company was having some problems and the owner was having some health issues and they would be checking on his stove.
Will call Four dog stove company direct Monday but was wondering if any of you guys have heard of anything. I pray things are ok as they make a great stove.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear about this. I hope Don is ok. I bought a stove and tent from him a few years ago. Very helpful and honest guy. He actually talked me out of a sidetank and saved me some money.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I received my titanium stove from Don this week. He seemed to be in fine health when I ordered the stove around Labor Day, and again when I talked to him about a week ago. Stove arrived on time and as promised.

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
HMMMMM

Wow I will call Monday my friend ordered the stove through a tent company in Idaho. The company is telling him that's why he has not received his stove.(the illness)

I posted this as I ordered through Davis and it came factory direct and it came right away.

My friend ordered two weeks after me through Idaho company and no stove.

With Riverdog getting his this week I think my friend needs to call asap to Idaho and get to the bottom of the delay.

I have never met or have called Bob but I can tell you this he makes a hell of a stove. I fired my stove off and burnt paint off and loaded it to see how long it would last wow it did a great job.

I did my research on this site and found both tent and stove company's they are both top notch. I would highly recommended both of them again this is my third tent and third stove and by far the best of the bunch.
Will update Monday after calling think I will call and ask to talk to Don and personally thank him for a hell of a stove and explain my friends issue.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
What tent company in Idaho? Hopefully not Western Wall Tents or one of their aliases. Those [bleep] are as crooked as a dog's hind leg!

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Just to be clear, I ordered mine directly from Four Dog, and talked to the owner when I ordered.

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I will refrain from listing company in Idaho till I found out what is going on will call Don on Monday. But something smells.
Will post tomorrow night after work.

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Talked to Don today who was in great spirits. Seems i could order a stove from him direct and the build time right now is two weeks.
If you are ordering from Idaho be careful.
My Buddy is calling tomorrow and canceling his order as he has been told a lot of stories and no stove in site.

He was told oh the owner of that company has been very sick and may be going out of business.
Agian if you order from Idaho from a wall tent company do some research.

Don seemed like a super nice guy and i love the looks of my four dog and am sure in a couple weeks my party will be nice and warm in the tent combo i got this off season.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
4 dog or 5 dog ? You made mention of both.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
The stove company is called four dogs but they offer different stoves. One dog two dog up to five dog.
The One I got is a five dog stove.

http://fourdog.com/contact/

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Got it, thanks.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,488
Posts18,452,058
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.