Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Arac Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A 42 year old woman was killed in the Yukon by a grizzly. Apparently the bear went into the woman's house...

Yukon grizzly attack

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The animal rights freaks will probably say that if the couple had not built their cabin out in the bear's territory, it would not have happened. Therefore the woman's death is all her and her husband's fault. If everyone would just stay in the cities, the animals in the outdoors would be safe. crazy

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
The animal rights freaks will probably say that if the couple had not built their cabin out in the bear's territory, it would not have happened. Therefore the woman's death is all her and her husband's fault. If everyone would just stay in the cities, the animals in the outdoors would be safe. crazy

L.W.

In modern society, everything has to have an explanation now. If it's speculated that there was a way it could have been prevented in liberal fairy land, they have to enact a new law of some kind, or at least blame somebody for negligence or malice.

Maybe the bear just wanted to see what was inside. Bears are like that, opportunistic and individuals.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Friends in that area have told me some of the story...very sad!
I've been by that cabin and driven all of that road a few times and I have seen almost no sign of ungulates.....but I have seen quite a lot of bears in Southern Yukon.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I wonder if the near collapse of the king salmon returning up the Yukon has any effect on these inland bears?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Very sad story.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Very sad yes, but considering the murders committed by wild animals breaking into homes in the INNER CITY, I believe this makes living in the Yukon look like living in the Garden of Eden.

Yet we'll have to hear about this story from every angle and in every outdoor magazine. Liberals will put the spin that had there been no gun involved everyone including the bear would have been fine.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This was an a very extraordinary event, something no conclusions can be drawn from, other than the fact that the couple involved are due our deepest respects.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Stuff happens. Different area; different stuff. GD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Royce
This was an a very extraordinary event, something no conclusions can be drawn from, other than the fact that the couple involved are due our deepest respects.

It has been happening quite a bit more lately...even more coyote, wolf, and cougar attacks. A lot of these cases are predatory attacKS. I'm of the mind that the animals are losing their fear of man.....

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What a terrifying story. Like a horror movie. I can only imagine how difficult the drive was for the man, trying to keep his wife alive. God bless them.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Have encountered what easily could have been this type of situation before!

Apon calling the fish and game I was told under no circumstances was I to shoot the cougar I was having trouble with never mind I have a three year old daughter who often played in the back yard.

It was at this point that I was reaffirmed that not only the cougar but often times government is a liable threat. I wondered how it could be that I was requested to ignore the immediate threat to my child?

Would any reasonable responsible adult ignore the threat.

Nope, I had no choice but to exercise my authority given by God himself which superceded mans law in the event that I need to remove an imminent deadly threat to either myself or a family member to whom I am responsible for the safety of......such as a three year old little girl who cannot fend for herself.

SSS......

If you ever choose to exercise your God given rights by no means tell the authorities because they are a Godless bunch and do not recognize Gods authority over there own and for this the heathens will pay whatever is owed to God himself.

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 11/18/14.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Scary stuff, Shod. Yeah, I believe in shoot, shovel, shut up. It was never the gov't's business anyway.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
611 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 160user, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,776 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,130
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.