Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Make me an offer I can't refuse.

I wonder what that offer has to look like?

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then think that half of the people are stupider than that" - George Carlin
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rodell
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Make me an offer I can't refuse.

I wonder what that offer has to look like?

I don't really want to sell it, but realize everything is for sale. So the offer has to be good enough to get my attention.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Taylor, your rifle is definitely nice. Is it a 5 digit classic stainless? How does she shoot? A complete rifle like that has to be worth about $1,400.00 minimum. I personally don't care for the blind mags, but the OP may love the hell out of them. I have a pretty nice 5 digit stainless classic that reminds me of your rifle, but I have much less money into it:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Taylor, your rifle is definitely nice. Is it a 5 digit classic stainless? How does she shoot? A complete rifle like that has to be worth about $1,400.00 minimum. I personally don't care for the blind mags, but the OP may love the hell out of them. I have a pretty nice 5 digit stainless classic that reminds me of your rifle, but I have much less money into it:

[Linked Image]

I'll have to check the serial number for you as I don't remember if it's five digit or not. I never intended to own this rifle, I wound up with it as a barreled action and another complete classic sporter in 06 at the same time. I was looking for a donor action for a .338-06 build I was wanting, well the sporter was in worse shape so it was sent to the smith.

I don't really care for the blind mag either but I got a good really good deal on the stock. I've thought of buying a PT&G aluminum one piece and having the stock inlet for it. The square shape of the bottom sure doesn't feel the best in your hand, but the overall weight of the rifle sure doesn't suck.

The rifle shoots better than me that's for sure, I'm usually around 1"-1.25" for three shots with 165 and 180 grain bullets. However it takes a lot of concentration from the bench for me to shoot it that well. I'm sure it can do better, but I need to learn to shoot it better. Except for my M70 EW .270 most of my big game rifles are in the 8.5-9+ lbs range which makes them a lot easier to shoot. From prone and sitting field positions I rarely miss the 12" gong at 300 with it, so I wouldn't hesitate to use it for hunting. I just like my EW .270 a little better for all around use.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That sure is a sweet EW buddy. I can see your point. However, I was in the same boat and chose a pre 64 fwt over an EW just like yours. I thought I'd end up loving my EW and selling the rest of my rifles, but that was not the case. I took my pre 64 30-06 fwt, my classic sporter, and my EW out and did extensive tests with them and ended up keeping the classic and pre 64 and selling the EW to someone that would appreciate it more than I did. Here's mine as it was when I sold it to 444Matt here for $1,500.00:

[Linked Image]

I think the OP is on the right track looking for a good ol classic. My classic sporter is my main deer hunting rifle. It's one of those rifles that I can always count on. Funny thing is, right before opening day I took it out to make sure it was still dialed in. I fired off 5 shots and the first 4 cloverleafed (actually made 1 ragged hole) and the last shot was out of the group by about 1/2". I put the rifle away and went to work on my friends rifle. My friend procrastinates and waited for the last minute to put a scope on his 270w. We dialed in his rifle and he ended up shooting a buck this year with my handloads in his rifle. I'm hoping the OP finds what he is looking for and I don't think he'll be disappointed in the classic stainless fwt. That's an excellent choice as far as I'm concerned..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
444Matt sure got a nice rifle! My EW is 12 oz heavier than my WT and add in 130 grain bullets it's a little easier to shoot. I've never owned a pre-64 for longer than three days, I just don't know enough about them to know if I'm get I got a good deal. The only one I ever bought was too good of a deal to pass up, but I passed it on quickly to a buddy's son as the .280 never did it for me.

Checked my rifles this morning, no 5 digit rifles in my safe.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 52 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,500
Posts18,452,470
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.