Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
Hello,

I use for 2 years now some Kuiu products, in alaska. I spend at least 6 months a year in the field. I only speak about stuff I have tried by myself.... So

1) I use Yukon gear for two years and I gave them at tough look this year. From south peninsula to central alaska... Bear, sheep, moose etc seasons. My judgment is Kuiu Yukon line rocks ! I wear Yukon suit every duty day and I'm 200% satisfied... I was a packer too and I know how the job can be hard on clothes especially when you pack and fall in rocks or alders with huge loads.

the yukon line is really robust.... Sharp rocks, alders, abrasive stuffs doesn't worn out my Yukon after a full season. by the way I gave a test to some other trendy marketing brands and imho KUIU works...

H&H works too it's cheaper right but all my H&H are done after one season and are definitely not as flexible as Yukon gear in different weather conditions than you can handle in AK.... Of course if I have to stand on a boat for fising under a rain storm I would use my H&H. Anyway I was in south peninsula this brown bear spring and we had 5 days of undiscontinued rain... I was wearing H&H around the camp but as soon I was hunting I was wearing my yukon jacket and pant cause when you hike or pack it's just more confortable and more efficient....

So maybe your yukon suit was defective. Things can happen. One KUIU product I used this season was defective. I had many email exchange with their customer service and I can tell you... The boss Jason follow closely all the business. So I'm again 100% satisfied.

Last but not the least, this forum start really to be a bashers forum... Myself I had a very very bad experience few weeks ago with a very very famous worlwide brand.... It's the worst experience I have ever had.... Their products are the best in the market but the customer service rep I had in front of me was a 1st class ass..... Do You think I'm bad... Yes I'm.... cause I love the brand but I won't use it anymore.... I could ask to deal with another rep but I won't.... Cause this guy should be fire...... BUT I'm not starting a thread to [bleep] the brand.... I know their products are great, I know I was unlucky.... Things happen....

Last edited by UAE; 10/20/14.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These forums are made for reviewing not only the good products, but the bad as well. So you highly praise the KUIU stuff but won't mention the gear that didn't work for you.

Lots of brands out there both good and bad and to be honest, the last paragraph of your review wasn't helpful at all so why mention it if you're not going to share ALL the info? Some of us would be interested to know (and might already know) who this person is that gave you such bad customer service.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
Hello,

1) The jacket is the insulated one and the jacket had a defect. so it.s not a question of working or not... I noticed the defect asap I got the package but I stocked the jacket in the closet cause I was too busy to deal with the return and I decided to return few months later...

2) so now I'm going to test a new one without any defect and I'll let you know in couple of months...

3) I won't disclose the name of the optic brand cause products by themselves are just top notch and I was just unlucky to deal with a fuc..... ass.....

4) By the way some guys don't understand that even with a top brand like KUIU when you get sweat of sweat cause you hike, pack like a craze or you have 4 layers of clothes well you get as soak as if your jacket was not rainproof.....

This summer I was at 6000 ft packing daily between 80 to 120 lbs.... it was just cold... and sometimes huge rain..... my body was producing so much heat and sweat that I had to remove my Yukon Jacket all daily hike wearing the yukon jacket only when I took some rest, or when the rain was hard... if not I would have been soak of soak like my hunter [bleep].... after his gore-tex jacket "this 500$ !@##$ is not rainproof......my yukon pant was open..... my upper body was wearing only a 150mg wool t-shirt.... he was wearing a rain pant, underwear etc....

5) You can't say a brand is bad just because you had one bad experience moreover if the product has a defect.... if you get 2 products with defect okay you can start to have some doubt but anyway it's easy to be critic.... or if twice you get a fu.... customer service rep....

have a good evening

Last edited by UAE; 10/21/14.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
To close the loop, Kuiu offered to exchange my jacket for a replacement. I returned my Kuiu jacket to them and was told that there were no Yukon jackets available for an exchange. Kuiu then offered a refund which I gladly accepted.

I'm pleased with the outcome and more than pleased with my 1850 pack. Ben Britton at Kuiu took care of me.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by VernAK
I have had good results with Gore-Tex rain gear here in the interior also but then we have SW Alaska and the Aleutian weather.

There is no comparison!

Wow, having run a lot of goretex and had not nearly the luck you have, makes me wonder if I"m doing something wrong.

We started with it while competitive shooting and anything that touched ground long enough while waiting a rain delay that could be hours, woudl damp out. Not sweat as we were laying around in the target pits and not getting the whole brunt of the storms off of Lake Erie.

I've been so dissappointed in its performance that I've never risked it on the AK coast... I have risked it interior but alwyas carry precip or such as backup and put it on if it rains...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ForrestB
To close the loop, Kuiu offered to exchange my jacket for a replacement. I returned my Kuiu jacket to them and was told that there were no Yukon jackets available for an exchange. Kuiu then offered a refund which I gladly accepted.

I'm pleased with the outcome and more than pleased with my 1850 pack. Ben Britton at Kuiu took care of me.

Good to hear that they took care of you.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Simms makes great jackets. It was my go to in Alaska for guiding fishing trips. There guide jacket stands up to the elements. It is a fishing company, but works for hunting too. The animals don't know.

If I am looking at a typhoon though, the HH still makes an appearance.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ForrestB

Good to hear. Thank you for sharing.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
WHAT WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

Any problem that is caused by abuse, misuse, or an act of nature (fire, flood, moths, etc.) is not covered. Snags, stains, pilling, discoloration, deterioration, burns, or damage from normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty. Consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty.
Looks to me like they've covered all the hunting mis-haps. I think they have a good product, just covering their ass. In todays business world who can blame them.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
636 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,966 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.