24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Schweitzer is a cronyist of the first order. The Spotted Dog fiasco in Deer Lodge, buying a ranch to bail out a big developer, using Damage funds for undamaged land. Milk River scam was another, then there is the state land ripoffs near Whitefish that utterly hosed the school trusts. Never mind his girl Mary Sexton who brokered the Montana Legacy Project on ratepayer dime.
Then there is his claim jumping in western Montana, trying to tear off a chunk of a huge copper and silver play that has laid in process for at least 15 years now.
He has done the "Image Is Everything" model to perfection. He's a wonderful political mind, he knows how to apply the basest emotions and utter shamelessness. But he is fundamentally one of the most opportunistic showboats I have ever met. It's all about him, every time, every word. I don't know why Jag hasn't ripped out his throat yet.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by wageslave
I for one, did not see what made his tits worthy of Playboy.......
but that's just me.

Yeah, no trifold.

Charlie whistle

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Schweitzer is a cronyist of the first order. The Spotted Dog fiasco in Deer Lodge, buying a ranch to bail out a big developer, using Damage funds for undamaged land. Milk River scam was another, then there is the state land ripoffs near Whitefish that utterly hosed the school trusts. Never mind his girl Mary Sexton who brokered the Montana Legacy Project on ratepayer dime.
Then there is his claim jumping in western Montana, trying to tear off a chunk of a huge copper and silver play that has laid in process for at least 15 years now.
He has done the "Image Is Everything" model to perfection. He's a wonderful political mind, he knows how to apply the basest emotions and utter shamelessness. But he is fundamentally one of the most opportunistic showboats I have ever met. It's all about him, every time, every word. I don't know why Jag hasn't ripped out his throat yet.

Pretty good synopsis of Ol' Brian.

He is certainly a showboater of the highest order. Such as in this excerpt from the Playboy article: "But if you go to any Indian reservation, ............ and ask who has been the best governor in the history of this country for Indian causes, they�d all say Brian Schweitzer."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never seen his picture, so is this the guy you're all talking about?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Harrumph!
Harrumph!
Harrumph!

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Montana MOFO
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No empirical data here. Don't really have time to look things up right now for hard numbers. Just another personal experience.

Had the good fortune of knowing our former governor in passing. Good lady. Good businesswoman. Ran the government and budget process like a business. Looks like money will be short next year, better cut back some now.

Torqued off all the bleeding heart liberals of course. But her budgeting kept our state in great financial position.

BS wins and states that the previous governor was full of crap worthless and he was going to totally revamp the state government because the previous guv was incompetent, etc.

Leaves the budget pretty much alone. The first year, state's in good shape and a-hole BS is walking around, chest puffed out bloviating about what a great financial manager he is. All the while, the credit goes to the previous governor who had done the hard work of setting a budget and keeping it in place to restrain government spending.

Dave Skinner covered a number of issues far better than I could of.

Suffice to say, BS is a snake in the grass.

Montana MOFO
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
The pressures on the head of state are a whole different ball game in D C than Montana. The other issue that is often not considered is the party hacks that go into the White House with the pres. Most pres. elects do not have the time or the ability to control all of the critical positions that are filled. The party winds up in control unless the pres. elect is better than anybody in recent history. My opinion anyway yours may differ.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
So who we gonna put up against Hillary?

Travis

I kinda wish Marc Racicot would make himself available....he at least looks credible...Scwhietzer makes you reach back and cover your wallet...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brian and Jag showed up at the Montana Stock Growers convention several years back and Jag was pretty well received.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave
So who we gonna put up against Hillary?

Travis

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Schweitzer would not BE governor if Judy Martz hadn't been so loyal to her staffer Shane Hedges. Shane -- basically a young Karl Rove type operative, got slammed up at Marysville and rolled his truck, killing Paul Sliter, who was a number one goodfellah and Speaker at the time.
Judy was really hurt there, she just didn't have the shameless gene to throw Hedges under the bus. So then Bob Brown, a 26 year "moderate" Republican (actually, a pro-life liberal) ran for governor against BS in 2004. Got his butt kicked, nice guy against first rate knife-fighter showboat who hired national spin doctors (try David Sirota) for his campaign.
Frankly, Brown is a lot like Charlie Crist, no real core values. He's moved on to the Center for the Rocky Mtn West alongside Pat Williams, and that job and paycheck has pushed him even further to the left.
But it all goes back to one person and his drunken foolishness, which cost Montana a fine, pragmatic Republican mind in Paul Sliter. And in the end, gave Sheister his second chance.
I think Hedges is in Delaware or someplace now -- hope he stays there.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Schweitzer would not BE governor if Judy Martz hadn't been so loyal to her staffer Shane Hedges. Shane -- basically a young Karl Rove type operative, got slammed up at Marysville and rolled his truck, killing Paul Sliter, who was a number one goodfellah and Speaker at the time.
Judy was really hurt there, she just didn't have the shameless gene to throw Hedges under the bus. So then Bob Brown, a 26 year "moderate" Republican (actually, a pro-life liberal) ran for governor against BS in 2004. Got his butt kicked, nice guy against first rate knife-fighter showboat who hired national spin doctors (try David Sirota) for his campaign.
Frankly, Brown is a lot like Charlie Crist, no real core values. He's moved on to the Center for the Rocky Mtn West alongside Pat Williams, and that job and paycheck has pushed him even further to the left.
But it all goes back to one person and his drunken foolishness, which cost Montana a fine, pragmatic Republican mind in Paul Sliter. And in the end, gave Sheister his second chance.
I think Hedges is in Delaware or someplace now -- hope he stays there.

At the risk of getting too deep into Montana-shop-talk, I think the Hedges incident just weakened Martz. Yes, she wouldn't throw Hedges under the bus but the real problem came when they started attacking her for a supposed sweetheart land deal. Judy felt it was below her to respond. And before you know it, they had the public so against her, it wasn't worth her time to fight it. Damn shame. Judy and Harry are really good folks. Still torques me off when I think of all what happened.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

FWIW.. Yes, Brian would push his grandmom into the gutter if she stood between him and a camera, but welcome to politics..

I think Brian can beat Hitlery, if not in the primary, as an independent in the general.. (Think about that one..)

As it stands now with the current crop of chuckleheads, the GOP is gonna need help to get into the whitehouse.

http://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-brian-schweitzer

I will never vote for anyone in the Democratic party. NEVER !

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Change parties or in an open primary, vote for BS.. Enough people do it, and he'll beat hitlery in the primary. Bam, you can vote how you want in the general.

Guaranteed, his mouth will keep team clinton from buying him off with a cabinet position.

Get BS in love with himself enough, if he loses the primary, he runs as an independent.. That will siphon off votes from the democrat primary winner, especially in the mountain west, where the dems will still need Colorado to win the whitehouse.

This is Brian's only shot, and he's dying to take it.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And that deal was tater tots compared to what Schweitzer pulled off. The Spotted Skunk ranch was only worth about 5 million max as a ranch, yet 15.2 million (or maybe .6) went to buy it, from the Superfund pool.
The net effect was to take Spotted Dog off the trophy market and leave Rock Creek all alone in the Deer Lodge top-end market, while bailing the Yanke (R-Y) clan out from under land it had bought to log, and then sell off for the suddenly-dead-meat trophy market.
So now there's a new GMA, and the additional hunting :opportunity" comes at a cost of $1,600 per additional hunter DAY. Not elk shot, HUNTER DAY. Never mind the sudden new plan to put bison on there.
Schweitzer is orders of magnitude past Martz. He didn't benefit directly, but you can bet he was considering his fundraising future.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
527 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,401,021
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.