Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have been wondering this myself. Daughter wants a hunting rifle, loves my Steyer in 6.5X57, but no one can reload but myself. She and SIL will be moving away soon. Suppose I could send ammo, but expensive if done by the rules. If the Tikkas were priced where they were when I bought them then no decision at all. Tikka. Have not shot a Ruger American, but handled them. Seems to be Ruger's answer to the Tikka. Perhaps not as well done. Reviews and comment's seem good. Price is right...

BP-B6

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Shodd
The tikka has a match grade lapped barrel mated to a blue printed trued action.

Gunsmith requested a tikka action if I decide to have him do another custom as according to him the actions are true and require no machine work.

Shod

Holy f**cking $hit.

This HAS to qualify as a 24HCF Instant Classic.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's difficult to classify rifles that have drastically different standards in machine work in the same class

Shod

Yes, you are finally right about something.

I bet that plastic bolt shroud, plastic magazine, plastic trigger guard, and that free floating chunk of aluminum they call a "recoil lug" must require the utmost in machining skill/labor/time/cost. No doubt justifying the Tikkas higher price tag, as compared to other entry level rifles. I mean they gotta have a solid 5� into the "recoil lug" alone.

The [bleep]**er probably requires LESS machining than any other centerfire bolt rifle in existence.

Let's not forget the bolt stop for "short actions", either.

Congratulations on proving yourself completely clueless to the masses.

And congratulations on finding a gunsmith as completely inept about rifles as you are. Sounds like a match made in dumbf**k heaven.......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Both are low price point rifles. Beretta is moving in the wrong direction for that. My hunting pard bought one this past Christmas and paid over 600.00. He then spent 250 more for a B&C stock to drop it in because his factory stock was giving him fits. Now it drops em in 1/2 inch groups at 100 yds. That's a lot of coin to me for all the plastic you get, but it shoots great and he's happy with it.

The ruger American is 300 at my LGS down the road and cuts as many corners and has plenty of plastic itself, but it is at the right price point for what you get, and most here seem to say they shoot good enough for what you pay.

I could get a sako(used)...Winnie....remmy...whatever dressed in all metal for the 850 price point above and IMHO a much better ROI for what I purchased.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 16bore
It's funny to hear guys with cabinets full of guns whine about price....

The issue isn't the price, it's the value. Paying double for similar features is silly.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
It's difficult to classify rifles that have drastically different standards in machine work in the same class

Shod

Yes, you are finally right about something.

I bet that plastic bolt shroud, plastic magazine, plastic trigger guard, and that free floating chunk of aluminum they call a "recoil lug" must require the utmost in machining skill/labor/time/cost. No doubt justifying the Tikkas higher price tag, as compared to other entry level rifles. I mean they gotta have a solid 5� into the "recoil lug" alone.

The [bleep]**er probably requires LESS machining than any other centerfire rifle in existence.

Let's not forget the bolt stop for "short actions", either.

Congratulations on proving yourself completely clueless to the masses.

And congratulations on finding a gunsmith as completely inept about rifles as you are. Sounds like a match made in dumbf**k heaven.......

At least you have a good attitude about it. wink

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

The issue isn't the price, it's the value. Paying double for similar features is silly.

Kinda like Remington vs Sako?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
The tikka has a match grade lapped barrel mated to a blue printed trued action.

Gunsmith requested a tikka action if I decide to have him do another custom as according to him the actions are true and require no machine work.

Shod

Holy f**cking $hit.

This HAS to qualify as a 24HCF Instant Classic.........

I believe Chad Dixon had a thread on a Tikka build he did and was pretty
impressed.

Anyone building off RAR's yet? Be curious to see that and if there's ever going to be a stock worth a chit for them.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Can you always smell burning rubber from a meltdown when 2muchgun posts?

He seems to be a Boxer wannabe. Probably a nice guy when he takes his meds.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Can you always smell burning rubber from a meltdown when 2muchgun posts?

He seems to be a Boxer wannabe. Probably a nice guy when he takes his meds.

She forgot to mention my window licking, my [bleep] stuck on the couch, or my whine and pretend. grin

I think I like boxer better as he would have at least offered to send vagisil to remedy my situation. smile

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right now I'm envisisioning you and your "gunsmith" sharing a large bowl of paint chips as I try to fathom why anyone would choose a Tikka as the basis of a custom build. Tikka custom= oxy moron. Moron.

You could not possibly start with less. What part of the rifle would you save? "Here is my custom build, based on a Tikka T3 trigger".

Half the rifle is made by the Lego Divsion of Playskool, as subcontracted by Fisher Price.

Do you even know wtf a blue printed action is?

And there is a reason why the T3 receiver is "enclosed" . Care to take a crack at it, Mr. Tight Tolerances?

You are way over your head here. And started $hit with the wrong guy......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somebody has a case of the Munday's......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Exactly. IMO, the Ruger is a better design and better value. And yes, I have a $hit ton of guns. None say "Tikka" on them for a reason.

The prices they charge to replace their plastic garbage is also absurd. But what's even more of a joke is their "customer service".

I own some Sakos and shotguns and have dealt with Beretta. Quite possibly the worst CS in the firearms industry.

And yes, like Larry I have a low tolerance for imbeciles who run their mouths about $hit they obviously haven't the first clue about..........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somebody has a case of the Munday's......

No, I'm good grin

Some just need to be put in their place at times when their mouths overrun their tiny brains.....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You are way over your head here. And started $hit with the wrong guy......

[/quote]

Yes you are the wrong guy! Your wrong about just about everything!

Congratulations...your vagisil is in the mail.

PS...left a present for you on the disappointed in Ruger american thread.

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 10/21/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There were a coupla boobs on an earlier post too...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys do realize all this is over $350 rifle, right?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess he just doesn't like Tikka's. I do. Mine is a terrific shooter. And, I happen to know of a couple of well respected guys that have had custom long range shooters built off Tikka Actions, and they are very pleased with the results.

I would not be inclined to have a custom gun built off the RAR action. I would, however, be perfectly happy to have one built off the Hawkeye action, Sako action, new M70 action, or some of the high dollar options.

I wonder if 2muchmouth is still foaming at the mouth? The guy is going to have a heart attack if people keep doing insane things like buying and liking Tikkas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best thing going is that with a RAR you can shoot 223 cheaper than 22 magnum.

Discuss.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You guys do realize all this is over $350 rifle, right?

Yes sir smile it's just that 2muchs twat seems to have a bad irritation so I'm just rubbing it for her. grin

Shod

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 740 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.