Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I wish there was some better reporting on this. Maybe an interview with some of the people who were walking out.

President Obama spoke at a Maryland Democratic rally on Sunday, and as he spoke, many members of the crowd got up and left. The refusal of some crowd members to listen to what President Obama had to say �underscores his continuing unpopularity,� according to a Reuters report.

Democratic candidates have largely appeared on stage while campaigning without President Obama, but Maryland Lieutenant Governor Anthony Brown chose to invite the president to share the podium. During the campaign event in Maryland, a heckler interrupted President Obama and a �steady stream� of attendees simply got up and left the Upper Marlboro auditorium.

�There are no excuses. The future is up to us,� President Obama said at the beginning of his speech. Obama and Brown were reportedly classmates at Harvard. Recent polls shows Antony Brown ahead of his Republican opponent, Larry Hogan, by 11 points. The president also appeared at a campaign event for Illinois Governor Pat Quinn on Sunday as well. Quinn was also leading in the polls, but only by a margin of 1.8 percent.

According to CBS News, there were extremely long lines for the Maryland Democrat rally, but not all who wished to attend were able to get inside.

�I think we can do it, but we brought in a little bit of reinforcement,� Anthony Brown told the crowd of about 8,000 people, before introducing President Obama.

The CBS News report about the event and President Obama�s appearance does not include any details about the massive crowd departure, but the incident has been widely reported elsewhere.

�Anthony Brown has devoted his life to fighting for you, you now need to fight for him. You need to knock on doors, make some phone calls, talk to your friends, talk to your neighbors,� President Obama said after reaching the microphone.

Time magazine political reporter Zeke Miller tweeted that the president told folks at the Maryland campaign event to �include cousin Pookie sitting at home on the couch� in their voting outreach efforts.

During the Illinois campaign stop, the president told potential voters that while Republicans �mean well,� they �just have bad ideas.� While traveling and spending the night in Chicago for the Pat Quinn event, Obama also said, �The power to move our society, our government, it really is in your hands. You�re the reason that I had the audacity to actually run for president of the United States.�

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1551401/ob...h-for-anthony-brown/#HwzHAbQkGsskRyVj.99

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I saw this on the news this am, Ya just gotta love it eh?

The dems are all jumpin' ship, to friggin' late the rats feet are already wet.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
http://dailycaller.com/
Some people are not happy with a Yahoo News story on a large portion of the crowd walking out on President Obama at a Maryland campaign speech Sunday � and they�re reporting it as spam.
The walkout story is embarrassing to the president and casts a negative light on Democrats� prospects on the eve of the November election. As political passions heat up, some people are letting their emotions get the better of them and reporting links to Facebook as spam.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't understand the mentality. They apparently don't like his policies, but they'll still support the people and the party that endorse the policy. The complete inability to THINK for themselves in such vast numbers defies belief.

Stupidity is expensive
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
During the Illinois campaign stop, the president told potential voters that while Republicans �mean well,� they �just have bad ideas.� While traveling and spending the night in Chicago for the Pat Quinn event, Obama also said, �The power to move our society, our government, it really is in your hands. You�re the reason that I had the audacity to actually run for president of the United States.�
Probably the only state in the union a lazy criminal could vote present over and over and not get called on it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
President Obama spoke at a Maryland Democratic rally on Sunday, and as he spoke, many members of the crowd got up and left.

Hurrying out to catch the 'Skins game?

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I was wondering if there was maybe a pig roast and oyster scald down in Prince Frederick they were heading to.

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
President Obama spoke at a Maryland Democratic rally on Sunday, and as he spoke, many members of the crowd got up and left. The refusal of some crowd members to listen to what President Obama had to say �underscores his continuing unpopularity,� according to a Reuters report.

Lets hope that trend continues for awhile.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Folks walk out on Obama speech in Maryland of all places

Very nice

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
this is standard treatment of 2nd termers. look how the repub's dropped gdub towards the end. clinton same thing. very few presidents are popular at the end of their 2nd term.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
you hit the nail on the head, the inability to rationally think for themselves fully defines democrats.....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was wondering if there was maybe a pig roast and oyster scald down in Prince Frederick they were heading to.
I live in Prince Frederick!!! No Pig and oysters....St Marys County Oyster Festival was last Saturday, though...Coulda had somethin to do with it..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let me get this straight...

These people vote for him for two terms.

They show up to a rally half way through his second term.

And then, all of a sudden, they have an epiphany that they voted for the worst president in the history of the United States?

I guess better late than never.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I don't understand the mentality. They apparently don't like his policies, but they'll still support the people and the party that endorse the policy. The complete inability to THINK for themselves in such vast numbers defies belief.

I totally agree!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I heard there was a special at the Waffle House that was starting in a hour or so. It could all be taken out of context too. Take a picture of folks leaving after his speech and make up the news. You know, like democrats do.

Last edited by kend; 10/20/14.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N

Does everyone remember those tons of Crisco that were stolen a few days ago? They were getting set up for a huge chicken fry smile

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
What is sad though is I have no doubt if Obammy were to run again, he would get elected again. Still to many clueless people and not enough of us to turn the tide.

3825 24336
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sad to say, but you are probably right!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Virginian2

I totally agree!

They don't think he has done enoygh from them...
They could care less for the country

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Could anyone EVER do 'enough' for them? confused

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 3,266 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,590
Posts18,454,293
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.