Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
When I joined this site...

I was just trying to figure out how old the Savage 99e was that I had just bought...

I had a severe distaste for rifles that were sporting anything but polished bluing and wood PREFERABLY walnut...

So explain to me why I'm trying to figure out what ratio of Olive to Black I want to order from McMillan for the PARKERIZED Mauser I'm getting built???

And why do I keep shopping for "donor" actions when I know I have all the rifles I need to take anything I will get the opportunity to hunt?

And why is there a NIB Model 70 .257 Roberts in the safe for my 3 year old and why has it been there for 3 years now?

Think I've been reading this forum too damn long... whistle

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
You didn't bash the 270, praise the 7mm/08, claim the a 6X leupold to be the ideal scope, or tell anyone GFY in your post, there is hope for you still...

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm not a doctor, but I am pretty sure you have become infected with a disease that has no know cure.... I think all of us here are infected though!

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by LazyV
You didn't bash the 270, praise the 7mm/08, claim the a 6X leupold to be the ideal scope, or tell anyone GFY in your post, there is hope for you still...

I've got a 6x42 FX3 on my .270 now too...damn....GFY!!!

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I joined after the old Shooters site went under I only owned one deer rifle and the only varmint rifle was a 100 year old Marlin '94 in 25-20. Now there are rifles that won't fit into the two safes. The biggest worry now is making sure I've got the right ammo in hand when I take a rifle hunting. Felt kind of foolish that time calling a coyote and discovering that I had 250 Savage ammo for the 22-250 rifle I was carrying.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LazyV

But all those things you listed need to be bashed, praised, recognized or done to oneself.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
yeah. i did not know i needed a 257 roberts or that my .243 is worthless without a 9 twist or faster, or that no factory makes a rifle that's good enough as is.

now that sorta stuff bugs me and i have multiples of rifles and am way more picky than i ever was before.

not that it's a bad thing...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
I'm not a doctor, but I am pretty sure you have become infected with a disease that has no know cure.... I think all of us here are infected though!

This place has a strange affect on you. I remember when I hated the 270 win. Now I have 2 of them blush. Well, I acutally just sold one of them, so I'm down to 1 now thank god. grin. I could have gone on thinking the 270 was gay and only having 1 bolt action to my name, but what fun is that??? Just sayin..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When I joined this forum I wanted to learn about long range hunting.

Shortly after joining a fella named Ingwe said something that pissed me off so I bought me a 270 to get even. I can't remember what he said but I'm sure it was mean.

Then a fella named Bobin refused for the longest time to admit that my 280 AI would defy the laws of physics and that was kinda pissing me off but Bobins a really hard fella not to like.

Plus Bobin likes the 270 so in a way he was helping me get even with Ingwe.

After awhile I figured out that Ingwe is actually a really cool guy so now one 270 is gone and I'm looking for a 7X57 to replace it. I want to be cool like Ingwe!

I'm currently stocking up on tikka rifles because 2 much gun and prairy goat don't like them and both them fellas pissed me off. If I remember correctly I got pissed when they both stated they like the Ruger American. The only bad part about the whole thing is eventually one of them fellas will start a thread I like and then I'll end up buying myself a Ruger.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Shodd
When I joined this forum I wanted to learn about long range hunting.

Shortly after joining a fella named Ingwe said something that pissed me off so I bought me a 270 to get even. I can't remember what he said but I'm sure it was mean.

Then a fella named Bobin refused for the longest time to admit that my 280 AI would defy the laws of physics and that was kinda pissing me off but Bobins a really hard fella not to like.

Plus Bobin likes the 270 so in a way he was helping me get even with Ingwe.

After awhile I figured out that Ingwe is actually a really cool guy so now one 270 is gone and I'm looking for a 7X57 to replace it. I want to be cool like Ingwe!

I'm currently stocking up on tikka rifles because 2 much gun and prairy goat don't like them and both them fellas pissed me off. If I remember correctly I got pissed when they both stated they like the Ruger American. The only bad part about the whole thing is eventually one of them fellas will start a thread I like and then I'll end up buying myself a Ruger.

Shod

Glad to see nothing bothers you shodd.. grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Glad to see nothing bothers you shodd.. grin [/quote]

I seem to get over it rather quickly though....so...I just may make it around here. laugh

I even talked to that fella Boxer one time. cry smile

Shod

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

This place has a strange affect on you. I remember when I hated the 270 win. Now I have 2 of them blush. Well, I acutally just sold one of them, so I'm down to 1 now thank god. grin. I could have gone on thinking the 270 was gay and only having 1 bolt action to my name, but what fun is that??? Just sayin..
Have 3-.270's with another .270 (Winchester Featherweight) on order. Have no idea when it'll get here,as the distribtors are out of stock on the Featherweights.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Shod: Ingwe is a character and a very cool guy with great wit and impeccable taste. You should kisten to him and get a 7x57 haha!

I'd have jumped on the 280AI bandwagon long ago but knew in advance what would happen due to the siblings named "Case Capcity" and "Pressure". We can fool them some of the time but in the end they never li. (Grin)

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why do I get my news from the freakshow and haven't watched any cable news in awhile?

Will big stick/boxer ever give us the decoder for understanding anything he says?

My addiction to the classifides to buy, try and resell have my friends wondering what the hell is wrong with me?

Where is the BTE? My mornings on the schitter have never been the same!

GFY!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I prefer Remington rifles, .270 Winchesters, and I'll take a variable Leupold over a fixed 6. I haven't AI'd anything or ever bought a gun for a donor action. And I still run cup and core bullets almost exclusively and have never desired a Montucky or a fast twist .223 of any persuasion. I still prefer .22-250's to have a 1-14" twist. So I guess I haven't been too influenced. smile

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by CowboyTim

So explain to me why I'm trying to figure out what ratio of Olive to Black I want to order from McMillan for the PARKERIZED Mauser I'm getting built???

Because you are a rifle slut.....not a loonie, a slut.

Full disclosure: I just ordered my first McMillan...a McFlame! laugh
( And I just got a new 'donor' to sit in the corner till I figure out what I'm gonna do.....)

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by CowboyTim

Because you are a rifle slut.....not a loonie, a slut.

You see! DAT was mean! grin

Shod

Full disclosure: I just ordered my first McMillan...a McFlame! laugh
( And I just got a new 'donor' to sit in the corner till I figure out what I'm gonna do.....)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You need a fairly thick skin to hang around here. But it seems a good azz kickin sometimes stimulates the brain.

And can we make a sticky to translate what the hell the Stick is talking about? I'm always so confused...

Hint......

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
You need a fairly thick skin to hang around here. But it seems a good azz kickin sometimes stimulates the brain.

And can we make a sticky to translate what the hell the Stick is talking about? I'm always so confused...

Hint......

With stick there's only one thing you really need to know.

The vagisil will be showing up via mail! smile

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I will agree I have bought a few guns that this place persuaded me to buy

Tater
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 3,098 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,728
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.