Print Thread
Hop To
R
rylee1 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Don't want this to be a long messy thread but people need to know the truth about Ed Hogan and he goes by Hogan. Everyone I have dealt with here I believe has been more that satisfied with any transaction I have been involved in, as have I. Until now one deal with Ed Hogan and you should beware. I bought binos from him that he described as some cosmetic issues but function perfect and the glass is excellent. Then he tells me there is something on the lens but don't worry he cleaned it right off and glass is excellent. (that should have been a big enough red flag for me) and then he writes don't worry if I am not happy or even if I don't like them I will only be out shipping and insurance, he would give full refund. with the mans word on that I bought. Glasses arrived (shipped packed in wadded newspaper I will add) I had them out of the box for 5 minutes and realized they were not for me and the glass was not excellent at all. I immediately sent a message and told him I was shipping back and did so the next day. Mr. Hogan then responded by saying I should file a claim with the shipper or send them to zeiss (maybe then would fix them) or talk to other people that wear glassed and they could tell me how to use binoculars. He has blamed everyone from me to the shipper and mfg. Today they arrive back in Alaska and he says sorry he changed his mind he is not refunding anything he looked at the box and it is damaged he says I must not have packed them good enough there was no use of him even opening the box and looking at them. He is sending them back to me I think. He talks in so many circles even he doesn't know what he said yesterday. He even says because most of my postings on here have been in the classifieds then I must be feeding him a line. What does that have to do with anything? That is it I guess so that is the story everyone can make their judgement but I would strongly suggest to be very careful dealing with this guy. He will not live up to his word.

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Boy this type of thing seems to happen a lot lately

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rylee1
Don't want this to be a long messy thread but people need to know the truth about Ed Hogan and he goes by Hogan. Everyone I have dealt with here I believe has been more that satisfied with any transaction I have been involved in, as have I. Until now one deal with Ed Hogan and you should beware. I bought binos from him that he described as some cosmetic issues but function perfect and the glass is excellent. Then he tells me there is something on the lens but don't worry he cleaned it right off and glass is excellent. (that should have been a big enough red flag for me) and then he writes don't worry if I am not happy or even if I don't like them I will only be out shipping and insurance, he would give full refund. with the mans word on that I bought. Glasses arrived (shipped packed in wadded newspaper I will add) I had them out of the box for 5 minutes and realized they were not for me and the glass was not excellent at all. I immediately sent a message and told him I was shipping back and did so the next day. Mr. Hogan then responded by saying I should file a claim with the shipper or send them to zeiss (maybe then would fix them) or talk to other people that wear glassed and they could tell me how to use binoculars. He has blamed everyone from me to the shipper and mfg. Today they arrive back in Alaska and he says sorry he changed his mind he is not refunding anything he looked at the box and it is damaged he says I must not have packed them good enough there was no use of him even opening the box and looking at them. He is sending them back to me I think. He talks in so many circles even he doesn't know what he said yesterday. He even says because most of my postings on here have been in the classifieds then I must be feeding him a line. What does that have to do with anything? That is it I guess so that is the story everyone can make their judgement but I would strongly suggest to be very careful dealing with this guy. He will not live up to his word.

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
thanks for the heads up

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by rylee1

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Whatch u talkin bout Willis. There is punctuation.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Yep!

Americans First!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Wadded up newspaper is not acceptable packaging material?

Understood you are upset about not being able to get a refund and all. However, can you explain a bit more in detail, are the binoculars defective?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There's always two sides to every story. I've never met Ed Hogan personally but I have done business with him on two occasions through this forum. He has been as good as his word both times. Prompt shipping, items as described. I would do business with him again.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Actually there's 3 sides to every story. My side, your side and the truth! LOL!

How did you pay for the binoculars? If by Pay Pal file a claim.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any man is only as good as his word.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Just wait till December. Xmas time seems to bring all the scumbags out.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ohhh, now I remember.

Hogan is the biotch that went all PMS on Tanner a few years ago because he ended up not buying a barrel or something. Hogan is a douche. We should have a deadbeats and douchebag thread. Its hard to keep track, but that's the only thing I use ignore for, deadbeats and douchbags.

rylee1 too bad you did not know ahead of time.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6529035/1

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I posted on AR wtb a 35 Gibbs barrel,,Hogan got right in touch fast and informed me he had a fwt barrel and resize die. The mod 70 is a rifle and I said that was what I was looking for,,4 e-mails later berating me for not buying his stuff I finally put him on ignore,, he does seem rather wigged out to me.

I tend to use more than enough gun
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice work Oregon... Mr Hogan...IGNORED

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, Hogan is a grade-A douche bag.

Tanner

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
As I recall it went something like this: I'm going to whine like a psychopath if you don't buy my chit sonny boy! I got issues older than you!

--- Kid Rock 2022

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I sold him that die and barrel, mounted on a PF mod 70... small world.

Originally Posted by waterrat
I posted on AR wtb a 35 Gibbs barrel,,Hogan got right in touch fast and informed me he had a fwt barrel and resize die. The mod 70 is a rifle and I said that was what I was looking for,,4 e-mails later berating me for not buying his stuff I finally put him on ignore,, he does seem rather wigged out to me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
667 members (06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,346
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.