Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Here's another "posting style" that begs for intervention.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Ironeagle84_the_sling_debac#Post8506502

Dave

Are you related to Travis?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
You'll have one HELL of a challenge in attempting to cast even the slightest bit of shadow upon the character of safariman. He's about as quality of a man as you'll find anywhere.

Your post only makes me question your integrity...

I don't know if Yalie is still around, so I'll attempt this in a PM as well.

It turned out to be one hell of a challenge, but one well met.

I apologize for questioning your integrity.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Read this whole thing. What exactly happened on 1/29/14 that changed everyone's opinion of things.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Read the whole thing for the first time tonight too.

Yawn...

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
lot of god damn'd crow ate hear-abouts lol. Mark still owes me some boolits, but the piece of [bleep] will never send them,

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think this kind of thread was actually a good thing for this forum. A very good thing. Gave people a reason to take a look at theirselves. Probably won't change the forum a lot as some things never change. People will always dislike lawyers unless its the one that just saved their bacon or helped their business, or won a lawsuit for them. And the internet will never be a very good place for a trial.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've been real slow to reply to all of this, because, if you read the Yalie thread, I was not slow on that one. I was one of Marks supporters.
I will say I did not, nor would I ever, nor did anyone else, respond positively to Yalies posting style. He came across as an arrogant lawyer starting that thread, and everyone posting on that thread got the same vibe. It's hard to be objective right off the bat when someone starts off like that.
Even now, I won't go back and try to conclude much about THAT affair between them. I shouldn't comment on any past affairs between Mark and anyone else. My mistake and I apologize for getting involved. It's pretty hard to know what happens between two people, but after while you sense what's going on. I'm still learning what's happening around here, like alot of you.
I have to remind everyone that there were a lot of people that have known Mark for a long time, that came out in his defense. I may be one of the folks with the least amount of experience with Mark at that time, but quickly picked up that he's very congenial. He went above and beyond in many ways in our dealings. I really feel strongly that he's dealt with large numbers of people here very fairly. But, perhaps things have been stretched to the breaking point by his pushing a little too hard to make one too many deals. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, burning the candle at both ends, etc.
It took me a while to realize the extent of the wheeling dealing going on, but I see it now. I don't want to devalue a guy like Mark, a Christian brother and I think a man that has contributed much in the past. Every man lives, learns, and hopefully grows as we progress.
Life is an elastic experience. We are forced to stretch and flex our way along, and if this is used positively, I believe all parties, myself included, can learn much and move forward in a positive direction.
I'd like to see Yalie acknowledge that his style of confrontation and possibly the manner in which he handled the transaction sucked, and turned alot of people against him before they had a chance to really be objective.
I'd like to see Mark step up and instead of giving us the long version including all the reasons why this or that is so, simply say, "I'm sorry", and maybe show a little genuine humility.
Both have an opportunity to grow here.
As for me, I was wrong to get involved. I was wrong to say a word. It was not my affair, I should have stayed out of it. I should not have said what I said about feeding Yalie to the dogs, so to speak. I am sorry for getting involved.
I hope rather than a crucification for any party what we see is an outpouring of support and encouragement to do better, with accountability. Show a brother some tough love. Thanks for reading Campfire. Let's move forward in love and respect for one another. Unfortunately, I have not modeled that. Again, I apologize for that.

This is how Christians typically apologize.

Just an FYI.

Travis

Looks like a kumbaiyah event coming on, I want to man the confession both. You're secrets are safe with me. I just hope Travis doesn't try to hold my hand again when we sing the campfire songs.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I've been real slow to reply to all of this, because, if you read the Yalie thread, I was not slow on that one. I was one of Marks supporters.
I will say I did not, nor would I ever, nor did anyone else, respond positively to Yalies posting style. He came across as an arrogant lawyer starting that thread, and everyone posting on that thread got the same vibe. It's hard to be objective right off the bat when someone starts off like that.
Even now, I won't go back and try to conclude much about THAT affair between them. I shouldn't comment on any past affairs between Mark and anyone else. My mistake and I apologize for getting involved. It's pretty hard to know what happens between two people, but after while you sense what's going on. I'm still learning what's happening around here, like alot of you.
I have to remind everyone that there were a lot of people that have known Mark for a long time, that came out in his defense. I may be one of the folks with the least amount of experience with Mark at that time, but quickly picked up that he's very congenial. He went above and beyond in many ways in our dealings. I really feel strongly that he's dealt with large numbers of people here very fairly. But, perhaps things have been stretched to the breaking point by his pushing a little too hard to make one too many deals. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, burning the candle at both ends, etc.
It took me a while to realize the extent of the wheeling dealing going on, but I see it now. I don't want to devalue a guy like Mark, a Christian brother and I think a man that has contributed much in the past. Every man lives, learns, and hopefully grows as we progress.
Life is an elastic experience. We are forced to stretch and flex our way along, and if this is used positively, I believe all parties, myself included, can learn much and move forward in a positive direction.
I'd like to see Yalie acknowledge that his style of confrontation and possibly the manner in which he handled the transaction sucked, and turned alot of people against him before they had a chance to really be objective.
I'd like to see Mark step up and instead of giving us the long version including all the reasons why this or that is so, simply say, "I'm sorry", and maybe show a little genuine humility.
As for me, I was wrong to get involved. I was wrong to say a word. It was not my affair, I should have stayed out of it. I should not have said what I said about feeding Yalie to the dogs, so to speak. I am sorry for getting involved.
I hope rather than a crucification for any party what we see is an outpouring of support and encouragement to do better, with accountability. Show a brother some tough love. Thanks for reading Campfire. Let's move forward in love and respect for one another. Unfortunately, I have not modeled that. Again, I apologize for that.

Seems to me that the OP was laid out with the facts and I saw nothing to take exception on the style as long as the facts were the facts.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wanna buy an annuity?

Anyone?

Please?

I'd consider 2-stroke oil or ? in trade.............

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm a four stroker. And it's used. PM if interested (wink, wink)

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I will give you $5, but you must give me Power of Attorney over all your financial assets.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475

Seems to me that the OP was laid out with the facts and I saw nothing to take exception on the style as long as the facts were the facts.

jwp, I'm not sure if your comment was towards me or ?

Yeah, I tried explaining sincerely where I felt I'd messed up, but I need to keep it shorter so the guy from Montana can follow along.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You'll have one HELL of a challenge in attempting to cast even the slightest bit of shadow upon the character of safariman. He's about as quality of a man as you'll find anywhere.

Your post only makes me question your integrity...

I don't know if Yalie is still around, so I'll attempt this in a PM as well.

It turned out to be one hell of a challenge, but one well met.

I apologize for questioning your integrity.

I wouldn't be too fast, to apologize. I had a dealing with Yalie he is a complete arsehole!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yea. That's been my impression all along.

And. Heaven forbid if anyone changes their mind when additional facts are presented.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
I will give you $5, but you must give me Power of Attorney over all your financial assets.

Can I exclude the Boyota?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
{Quote] I wouldn't be too fast, to apologize. I had a dealing with Yalie he is a complete arsehole! [/quote]

Translation: You had a contract with Yalie and he thinks differently than you do. So now you choose to degrade him rather than providing the facts surrounding the contract so that others can make up their own minds what they think.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yeah, I tried explaining sincerely where I felt I'd messed up, but I need to keep it shorter so the guy from Montana can follow along.

Leave Barsness out of this.

Travis

Y
Yalie Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Y
Originally Posted by 22WRF
{Quote] I wouldn't be too fast, to apologize. I had a dealing with Yalie he is a complete arsehole!

Translation: You had a contract with Yalie and he thinks differently than you do. So now you choose to degrade him rather than providing the facts surrounding the contract so that others can make up their own minds what they think. [/quote]

Dear Kevin:

You are correct. So, I will provide the facts.

On December 12, 2012 (yes, almost two years ago), I sent a check for $180.00 to Jason Z. Alberts, aka sactoller for a 1908 Brazilian Mauser action (the "action") that he was offering for sale here on 24 Hour Campfire.

When I received it, the action had so many different arsenal stamps on its respective parts, that I had no idea where the non-receiver parts came from, certainly not from DWM or Oberndorf.

I returned the action for a full refund from Mr. Alberts.

To bring this up almost two years later is childish at best.

And Mr. Alberts, I certainly would never do business with you again.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
yes men of integrity, seems to be a rare thing these days. whistle

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I thought this was an add for a new book "The Safarimans Experience" but I see it's volume 2.

Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 1,345 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,241
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.