Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Apparently it, wasn't iffy since he dropped it. Only you choose to take the low road.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Does making the shot mean it's ok?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I dunno' Billy... I might not agree 100% with the extreme LRH guys, but in my mind, there are far more worthy causes to take to task. How about the Humane Society lobbying for shutting down wolf-hunting? Don't you think there are better fish to fry? Alan obviously puts his time in far more than 99.9% of people out there...

Personally, I'd rather get my blood boiling over some city-slicking salad eater telling us what we can and cannot hunt.

Tanner

G
GSSP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
PG,

To me, what it boils down to a personal decision. I put in the hours at the reloading bench and with trigger time. I shoot about 40-45 Saturday's a year and a few extra weekday mornings each week through the summer when I don't have to get a 16 yr up and off to school and even then, a few more mornings once he's on the bus. I know what my rifle/load will do and I know I will hit my mark. If I feel I can't I won't take the shot. The fact that I was flabbergasted was the remark I made because I knew it was going to hit the mark. What I didn't expect was that the "mark" moved in closer without me knowing about. It's called "hunting" not "shooting".

Where do you get off implying my ethics are less than yours? You're not anything to me. I stand by what I did and I surely stand by my comment about you taking snide remarks at not just my OP but about 90% of your comments on other sections of this website (just looking at the first page of your posts) are negative in nature. As I said, it's a personal decision accompanied by one's abilities.

Alan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Time to ignore the dude.

The rifle in the shooting range picture isn't the rifle you were using, was it? Some of us would like to hear a bit more about its stats and see a pic if you have one.

Also good to know that the Matrix will smoke elk at a Grand!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fredIII
Just to clarify I was saying this to the equipment used

What equipment do you not approve of?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Time to ignore the dude.

It makes reading some of these threads easier. smile

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by GSSP
PG,

To me, what it boils down to a personal decision. I put in the hours at the reloading bench and with trigger time. I shoot about 40-45 Saturday's a year and a few extra weekday mornings each week through the summer when I don't have to get a 16 yr up and off to school and even then, a few more mornings once he's on the bus. I know what my rifle/load will do and I know I will hit my mark. If I feel I can't I won't take the shot. The fact that I was flabbergasted was the remark I made because I knew it was going to hit the mark. What I didn't expect was that the "mark" moved in closer without me knowing about. It's called "hunting" not "shooting".

Where do you get off implying my ethics are less than yours? You're not anything to me. I stand by what I did and I surely stand by my comment about you taking snide remarks at not just my OP but about 90% of your comments on other sections of this website (just looking at the first page of your posts) are negative in nature. As I said, it's a personal decision accompanied by one's abilities.

Alan

Have fun with your rodeo. It's coming.

P.S. I could really give two schits what some wannabe sniper on the internet thinks about me. Peace Out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

P.S. I could really give two schits what some wannabe sniper on the internet thinks about me. Peace Out.

Yet you are the first guy to throw out the judgements on others.

Do you see the hypocrisy? I do. cool

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

G
GSSP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Rick,

Sorry, I had to run out and get some groceries. With a wife on dialysis, I do it ALL!

Here is my light (9 lb) 6.5x47. The heavy one in the earlier pic with the mountain in the background is my heavy, 17.5 lb 6.5x47.

Pierce SA and 20 moa rail
McMillan Rem Sporter
24.5" #3 Broughton with a 2-port Farrell brake
Rifle Basix @ 2 lb.
Farrell 30mm rings
Latest NF NXS compact 2.5-10x42 with MOAR reticle and zero stop.
PTG BDL bottom metal
Pillar and glass bedded
Built by Chris Matthews of Longshot rifles, Missouri. Now out of business. Wonderful 'smith, horrible businessman. I found him on Accurateshooter.com as a benchmark gunsmith.

Sorry for the poor pic. Just now took it.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by GSSP; 10/21/14.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
None the question was why would you take the shot. The answer is the subject line no objection at all. Wanted that to be clear is all

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
9 pounds is just right.

I have problems putting 20 MOA rails on my hunting guns. Can't ever get a comb that's high enough to give me a good cheek weld with sight picture. I see you have a rifle backpack on your comb. I even have to do that without the rail on some of my rifles with the scope as low as possible. I always use a 40mm objective to help get it as low as possible.

I hate that

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
GSSP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
As I understand it, Fred doesn't have a dog in this fight. He was just giving an approval which I thank him and all the rest of the support which has occurred.

Alan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually the rifle I built on the Manners EH-1 is working well in that department. No rail but no backpack either. smile

G
GSSP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
I have a Manners 1A folder in bound between T-day and Xmas. It will have the Elite Tactical Shell in Elite Tactical GAP camo. Should be able to drop 2-3 lbs off the AICS 2.0 I'm currently running on my 338 Edge on a Surgeon 1086 LA.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
1600 is amazing. Guess I am on the hook for an HD-B..damn it..
Have either of you had any experience with the 15x HDs?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
PG,

Alan

It is obvious that you could careless that you are totally of base and a dick too boot.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
GSSP, I enjoyed your post. Very, very interesting. Can you tell us more about your rifle (barrel, length, contour, stock, weight, etc.).

Thanks,

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick,

Sorry, I had to run out and get some groceries. With a wife on dialysis, I do it ALL!

Here is my light (9 lb) 6.5x47. The heavy one in the earlier pic with the mountain in the background is my heavy, 17.5 lb 6.5x47.

Pierce SA and 20 moa rail
McMillan Rem Sporter
24.5" #3 Broughton with a 2-port Farrell brake
Rifle Basix @ 2 lb.
Farrell 30mm rings
Latest NF NXS compact 2.5-10x42 with MOAR reticle and zero stop.
PTG BDL bottom metal
Pillar and glass bedded
Built by Chris Matthews of Longshot rifles, Missouri. Now out of business. Wonderful 'smith, horrible businessman. I found him on Accurateshooter.com as a benchmark gunsmith.

Sorry for the poor pic. Just now took it.

[Linked Image]

There it is.

Alan,

You need to vacuum grin

G
GSSP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
And cook and clean, and shop and pay bills and work, and take care of the sick wife and raise the 16 yr old son and, oh yeah, SHOOT!!! Wait, vacuming is my son's chore.

Alan

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 3,093 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.