Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nothing on the first page? What happened to you guys?

I don't remember the movie ending like this... smirk

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Pretty sure flu season is going to be a fun one, there will be LOTS of 'Ebola' cases...

One thing I've been wondering, how many folks posting about Ebola would get an Ebola vaccine if available?

I've seen some of those same that are worried about the Ebola that have stated they would never get a Flu vaccine. I'm betting more folks die from Flu in the next 6 months than Ebola.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No vaccines, remember? Vaccines and flouride are bad for you.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ebola is dangerous crap, but the genie needs to get out of the bottle in larger numbers to present an epidemic here. Instead of 1 or 2 people who are incubating, there needs to be a few more.

This was a good wake-up call. It also continues to expose our president for the kindergarten thug he really is.

He talks about junior varsity, as if he ever had the chance to actually make a JV team.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

The movie's not over, it's just in intermission right now. wink

By the way, it is hardly hysteria to expect that our government should do everything in its power to keep Ebola out of America. Everybody knows that there are plenty of other diseases here that currently kill a lot more folks than Ebola. However, that is hardly a valid excuse to be cavalier about adding another horror like Ebola to the list.

I'm better when I move.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank God!! For now.

Maybe the freaking stock market will now get back to normal and focus will be put back on the dude in charge and what he's doing with his EO pens.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Tuberculosis.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Thanks for raising awareness, dude!! Peace, love, vaccines!!
wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't find breathing masks anywhere!!

Of course I'm not looking either so maybe that's the problem.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick

By the way, it is hardly hysteria to expect that our government should do everything in its power to keep Ebola out of America. Everybody knows that there are plenty of other diseases here that currently kill a lot more folks than Ebola. However, that is hardly a valid excuse to be cavalier about adding another horror like Ebola to the list.

This.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm betting more folks die from Flu in the next 6 months than Ebola.

If I am exposed to the flu at work and get it, the chance that I die from it is less than half of one percent, and am likely to not even need medical care to survive.

Ebola, on the other hand, I am certain to need ICU care, will likely have to survive DIC by receiving the massive transfusion protocol, and still have a decent chance of dying.

Apples, meet oranges.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
There's some perspective for ya! Well said.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

Maybe people have figured out that during the early stages of infection ebola is actually hard to transmit to other people...

Ok probably not, but the lack of any new cases being reported has calmed the ebola hysteria down temporarily. If we have another case reported the panic will fire right back up.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
There's some perspective for ya! Well said.
Yes, it was.

If an Ebola vaccine comes out, it will be some hurried-up affair that will probably kill more people than any Flu vaccine ever has.

I had my Flu shot about a week ago. Maybe it will protect me from the Flu and maybe it won't since it's specific to the type of Flu the drug company thinks will be most widespread, but doesn't cover all of them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NeBassman

Maybe people have figured out that during the early stages of infection ebola is actually hard to transmit to other people...

Ok probably not, but the lack of any new cases being reported has calmed the ebola hysteria down temporarily. If we have another case reported the panic will fire right back up.
That or the MSM has been told to stfu about it until after all Obama's pards get re-elected.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Tuberculosis.

It's too bad for many we don't have some hysteria about that, of course, if it isn't going to kill a few million of us it's no big deal.

Illegal aliens only kill about 20 of us a day, so we take the attitude blacks did years ago in Africa going to the croc infested river to wash. There's no big chance of any one person being chomped if a whole bunch jump in the river at the same time.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

It's interesting that the Feds (with or without Obama's "leadership") finally put some air travel restrictions in effect yesterday. Restrictions that probably should have been put in place 4-6 months ago at least.

Just because the media isn't peeing their pants over this issue doesn't mean it's gone away. The efforts to control the outbreak in west Africa are still ongoing, and from what I can glean out of the press (mostly international outlets, US press is virtually useless for anything outside of Kardashian-class "news") the inflow of dollars and personnel from various outside nations, including the USA, is making some positive headway in that regard.

Domestically, we are still waaaaaaaay behind the curve. Control of infected persons trying to come into the USA is still a joke. There WILL be more infected people coming into the USA yet.

And hospital preparedness is still woefully inadequate. Yesterday my hospital's DON came back from a regional Ebola-preparedness meeting and told me that when she raised the idea of setting up triage units outside of hospital ER's, the group was stunned and amazed at this idea... and these are supposedly some of the leading lights in Infection Control in Texas!! She said that when she pointed out to them that having Ebola patients come into our ER's would paralyze the hospital for several days, some of the attendees looked like they were gonna pee their pants.

The plain fact is that even though there have been position papers and expert forums since the fall of 2001 discussing the FACT that America would and could be paralyzed by determined attacks on our Emergency Medicine infrastructure, NO ONE has taken even the first rudimentary steps toward securing our nation's ER's. The Charlie Foxtrot that happened at Dallas Parkside will inevitably be repeated, and I predict MANY times, before the Powers That Be get their heads out of their collective ass and mandate (and fund) a true emergency preparedness program for our nation's hospitals.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
Tuberculosis.

It's too bad for many we don't have some hysteria about that, of course, if it isn't going to kill a few million of us it's no big deal.

Illegal aliens only kill about 20 of us a day, so we take the attitude blacks did years ago in Africa going to the croc infested river to wash. There's no big chance of any one person being chomped if a whole bunch jump in the river at the same time.
A lot of us have yelled until we're hoarse about the illegal problem and yet the government is going full throttle in the opposite direction. I think a whole lot of people think it's a really big deal and are against it, but are just yelled out.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FlaRick

Well said.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.