Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9271044 10/20/14
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Just wanted to share an experience I had with those fellas over at kahr. Had a cm40. Gun has stopped working after less than 200 rounds. Called kahr and asked them to repair it. Was told the warranty is only good for 5 years and only to the original buyer. Questioned this as well as what was going on with the gun. When you pull the trigger, it delays and then fires. This could lead to a very dangerous situation. Politely explained this and was told too bad. They would charge me $65 an hour to diagnose then have to pay for whatever the problem is. Long story short, phuc kahr. Will never get a dime of my money again. With so many good guns out there with companies willing to stand by their product why buy one of those? Just wanted to share.

Last edited by gunchamp; 10/20/14.
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well, let's be fair here, shall we?

Here's a pic of the Kahr warranty:

[Linked Image]

Note paragraph 2 that begins with "KAHR ARMS".

ARE you the original owner?
HAS it been more than five years since the pistol was sold?
DID you read the manual booklet - and last page (depicted above) that came with the pistol that spells out in easily understood terms exactly what the warranty is on their handguns?

If not - then it appears your displeasure is misplaced..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I can understand your frustration at Kahr's response, you'd think they would be a bit more helpful diagnosing the problem. With that said, I'm a Kahr fan and found the kahrtalk forum to be extremely helpful.

You might try #2 in the following link paying particular attention to "blowing out" the striker channel.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?1521-Proper-prep-of-a-new-kahr

#2. Clean your new gun; don�t assume Kahr did it. They don't and there could be crud in places where it should not be. Take that slide off and look for the little hole in the bottom of the slide. That is your striker channel clean out hole. Insert your spray cleaner nozzle in there and spray away. Fluids will come out both ends.

Now, with one finger, pull back on the striker at the back of the slide and continue to spray in that hole and also spray clean from that breech hole also. You have now cleaned that striker channel without disassembly. DO NOT OIL THE STRIKER CHANNEL. Refer to the Kahr Tech section. Look for the sticky marked KAHR LUBE DIAGRAM. Point #9 shows the clean out hole and this is the best lube chart for any semi auto to.

Hope this helps!

Paul

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Just wanted to share an experience I had with those fellas over at kahr. Had a cm40. Gun has stopped working after less than 200 rounds. Called kahr and asked them to repair it. Was told the warranty is only good for 5 years and only to the original buyer. Questioned this as well as what was going on with the gun. When you pull the trigger, it delays and then fires. This could lead to a very dangerous situation. Politely explained this and was told too bad. They would charge me $65 an hour to diagnose then have to pay for whatever the problem is. Long story short, phuc kahr. Will never get a dime of my money again. With so many good guns out there with companies willing to stand by their product why buy one of those? Just wanted to share.

That would lead me to fix the pistol, sell it, and never look back.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
http://www.kimberamerica.com/warranty (one year)

I know many manufacturers have supposed 'lifetime' warranties. Some are valid - others, not so much.. And a few of 'em NEED lifetime warranties or nobody'd buy 'em..

In the OP's case above - the manufacturer states very clearly what the warranty is. They're following it.. 'Nuff said..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you otherwise like the pistol, I'd send it back. If the gun really has been fired only 200 times, it's certainly not a "wear & tear" issue and any defective parts/components they find will likely be fixed on their dime.

Once you've returned it to the factory one time, you then have them on the hook to stand behind their work if it doesn't work reliably.

Last edited by 41magfan; 10/21/14.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A delay in firing can be something as simple as gummed up oil in the firing pin channel. Clean the hell out of it, make sure to pull the firing pin out, clean and inspect, and give it another try.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Ok guys, I have detail stripped this pistol and tried everything. This gun has an issue, one that if you didn't know could cause an injury or fatality. Even kimber states a 1 year warranty but has sure as phuc fixed the guns I have owned that failed. This company will not ever get my business again. Kahr is a joke. Say what you want Redneck but this is the kind of stuff that's put these companies into the ground. Put out a subpar product and don't stand behind it. Guess there is a reason I run quality 1911's, smith's and glocks.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

That would lead me to fix the pistol, sell it, and never look back.

Travis
Yup, going to happen as soon as it running correctly

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
To the others thank you for the help.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Can't blame you for that reaction. I guess mine was sent to them in under five years, because when I had a part breakage, they fixed it pronto, and sent it right back (with an upgraded part, which was by them being made out of steel instead of the original polymer), no charge.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kahr Arms used to be owned by the son of Rev. Moon. Ya know, like the Moonies, that you used to see at the Airports wearing white sheets. Rev. Moon couldn't own the Company because he was a convicted Felon.

Don't know if they still own the company or not.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
When

Last edited by squesh; 10/21/14.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
When Sig came out with a .22lr conversion unit for their P938, the kahr CM's went byebye and I bought 3 P938's. :-) I"ve got 200k rds thru SA autos, and a million (literally) drysnaps with same. I went DAO in order to get a pocket 9, and the minute I could do so, I swapped back to cocked and locked (pocket carry) I now have about 2x the effective range that I had while fighting the DA trigger pull! :-) which is to say, 20ft instead of 10 ft. (real fast).

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by squesh
When Sig came out with a .22lr conversion unit for their P938, the kahr CM's went byebye and I bought 3 P938's. :-) I"ve got 200k rds thru SA autos, and a million (literally) drysnaps with same. I went DAO in order to get a pocket 9, and the minute I could do so, I swapped back to cocked and locked (pocket carry) I now have about 2x the effective range that I had while fighting the DA trigger pull! :-) which is to say, 20ft instead of 10 ft. (real fast).
Hickok45 seems to like it OK.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
have you seen him review anything that he said was a pos? but we know that quite a few new guns ARE such, eh? :-)

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
have you seen him review anything that he said was a pos? but we know that quite a few new guns ARE such, eh? :-)
If he has failures, he shows them. He doesn't edit them out. I've seen him review guns that have had failures. He doesn't immediately call it a pos when that happens, because he knows that a sample of one often doesn't tell you much about the model in general.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ok guys, I have detail stripped this pistol and tried everything. This gun has an issue, one that if you didn't know could cause an injury or fatality. Even kimber states a 1 year warranty but has sure as phuc fixed the guns I have owned that failed. This company will not ever get my business again. Kahr is a joke. Say what you want Redneck but this is the kind of stuff that's put these companies into the ground. Put out a subpar product and don't stand behind it. Guess there is a reason I run quality 1911's, smith's and glocks.
I understand a bit of your frustration - I was just pointing out the other side.

Actually, Kahr puts out a very good product. But ANY manufacturer can have a turd leave the bowl once in a while. They spell out their warranty in exact terms - yet you're upset that they follow it?

If you buy a new truck with a 3/36 warranty and then have an issue 4+ years later - do you pay for the repair or do you complain that 'they don't stand behind their product'? (serious question - by no means any flame intended)

If this little gun's not working correctly and you don't want to pay to have it fixed, I'm curious then - who will you be selling a defective (and possibly injurious) firearm to? Or are you going to pay to have it fixed and then sell?

Again, just asking to see where you're headed on this.. With a detail strip - did you find what the issue was? Have any clue as to what exactly is not functioning correctly? Some burr hanging up the sear or similar?? (curious minds wanna know)

In any case - best wishes going forward... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Sig came out with a .22lr conversion unit for their P938, the kahr CM's went byebye and I bought 3 P938's. :-) . . . I went DAO in order to get a pocket 9, and the minute I could do so, I swapped back to cocked and locked (pocket carry) . . .

Are you the same person who started this thread on October 19? think Sig will offer the P938 in .40?

Why would you buy 3 marginal guns for pocket carry?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 222Sako, 21, 12308300, 68 invisible), 2,714 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.