Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I also suspect the reason IMR4451 isn't called some version of 4350 (HMR4350, or 4350.2?) is that there are already THREE versions of 4350 on the market. But 4451 fills basically the same niche, and may be the best version of all.

Why do you say that, John?

Pretty significant statement, considering the competition...

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Temperature resistance AND a decoppering agent.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In just my shooting life time,when I really started loading my own ammo in 68 and what we have for choices today is mind boggling to say the least, I started with surplus WW-II 20mm Cannon Power call 4831 and IMR-4350 now gee you could no nuts or broke trying all the stuff we have available today, panic buying not with standing! IMR-4151 just may become my new favorite powder for loading my 7 x 57! Time will tell.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Slight topic change. Mule Deer, have you heard about availability of any of the RamShot powders? I don't get to the gun stores very often, but I haven't seen anything from them in a LONG time.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ramshot powders around here have dried up !

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
The big problem with Ramshot rifle powders was a fire at the factory in Belgium more than a year ago. Everything's fixed now, but they're still catching up with orders. Their most popular rifle powder is TAC, so that's what's showing up first; the others will be coming along ASAP.

Of course, the panic buying since Obama's reelection hasn't helped any.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If any of you guys see True Blue on the shelf just leave it there. It sucks ass.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
"Some of the older ball powders sold by Hodgdon also have long had decoppering agents". JB

Is H414 one of the powders with the de-coppering agent? Would you list which powders have it, please?

Last edited by AnsonRogers; 10/23/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For Mule Deer
If what you have said then 4451 should be the better powder for my loading of the 358NM with 250 gr. bullets! Am I correct?
Thanks for your time. Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 10/23/14.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks MD!

Stupidity is expensive
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
If any of you guys see True Blue on the shelf just leave it there. It sucks ass.

Travis

It belongs there, right next to Competition.

It blows......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Now I'm curious: What are the specifics about why you and Travis don't like True Blue and Competition?

I'm not going to argue with you, but one of the things I do when writing articles about handloading various cartridges is try everything that seems, from published data, that it might be worth trying. While True Blue and Competition haven't stood out anymore than most powders, I've also gotten good results in several handgun loads with both, though I use Competition more for shotshell loading.

I should also probably point out that while both are Ramshot "brands," neither is made in the same factory (or even on the same continent) as the Ramshot rifle powders.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MD,

I think if you were to see Travis and Dutch say in person what they wrote about those powders you would suspect they had ulterior motives for those statements. wink

At least that's my impression, but nuanced communication such as sarcasm certainly isn't as easily discerned from forum posts as it is in person - the reason emoticons are sometimes useful.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Are you insinuating I could be selfish?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Ah, yes, "suck"ered again by Campfire goblins--and it's still a week to Halloween....

John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never, Travis! cool

Who's to say where the line is drawn between self preservation and selfishness? wink

I'm looking forward to a day when powders are on shelves in abundance and we can point to these as the bad old days of scarcity.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Ah, yes, "suck"ered again by Campfire goblins--and it's still a week to Halloween....

True Blue is some good stuff. But please don't publish that in any articles.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Never, Travis! cool

Who's to say where the line is drawn between self preservation and selfishness? wink

I'm looking forward to a day when powders are on shelves in abundance and we can point to these as the bad old days of scarcity.

At the local shop I like to explain which powders produce the worse accuracy and why.

Travis

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Darn! I just dumped 6lbs of True Blue on the flower bed on Travis's recommendation.

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mule Deer, I shot up a couple of 4 (?) lb cans of Competition in 12 gauge target loads (pretty sure they were 1 oz loads). Of all the powders I have used for target loads over the years (Red Dot, Clays, Promo, Tightwad, American Select come to mind) it was my least favorite. Very dirty, inconsistent reports, that sort of thing.

Never used it in hand guns, and YMMV.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 48 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,982
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.