Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
GeoW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Was at the range earlier to burn up some old ammo and shoot the cobwebs out of the barrels of a couple of 7mm-08s and after playing with the Kimber 84M for the first time I ran a few through the 700 Ti.

I had purchased a good bit of the Prvi Partizan ammo when the others brands were scarce so to end the day I thought I would give them a go.

To my surprise the Prvi Partizan 140gr in the 700 Ti grouped in a tight cluster all touching. Tried it several more groups and nothing came in over an inch at 100yds.

This stuff will get a bit more respect from me in the future.

Up and down range,
Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've used PPU cases in different cartridges, found them to be fairly good in quality.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
some Prvi 10mm from a G20

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apples and orange barrels.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
GeoW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bummer Toad. I bought quite a few boxes of 7x57, 6.5x55, and 30-30.

Looking forward to trying the Mauser and the Swede come Friday.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I first got my 7mm/08 the only ammo I could find was PPU. I had two boxes I found online plus a box of another brand. The PPU shot into .75" groups. The other brand did as well. But, since the other brand was $36 and the PPU was $22 I shot the expensive stuff for the brass and hunt with the PPU. DRT results have been consistent with the PPU out to 200 yards.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GeoW
Bummer Toad. I bought quite a few boxes of 7x57, 6.5x55, and 30-30.

Looking forward to trying the Mauser and the Swede come Friday.

I've been using that stuff in my 7x57s for a long time. I don't have the time or space to reload - although next month part of that equation changes - and at $15 per box, it's hard to beat. Both the 139 and 158 grain loads perform well in all of my rifles.

The only thing that I will say is that sometimes the 139gr PSP will definitely come apart. Here's a picture of a very young boar I shot at about 30 yards. He was facing me, and you can see the entrance wound between the eye and ear, then several other wounds as the fragments tore him up.

I've only had two or three of the 139gr loads act like that (never the 158s). The exit wounds on the rest are just holes the size of a half-dollar.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RevMike; 10/23/14. Reason: To correct bullet weight

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I shot that stuff out of my Savage Striker in 7-08 and was very pleased with the groups. my only complaint which is actually more of an observation is that it shoots a tad dirty. I can live with that any day though at the price and the performance!

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
JimHnSTL - have used the Privi brands quite a lot in 6.5 Swede and it does burn dirty. Accurate but a dirty powder...beats shooting rubberbands down range - LOL. BTW - check the headstamps of "Wolf" ammo...had some in the Swede also. Cases marked "PPU" and carton stamped "Made In Serbia" same as Privi. Both loads hit same POA however the Wolf was a bit more expensive. Homesteader.

GeoW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have been known to run a patch down the barrel from time to time. Don't think that will be a problem that a bore snake and a couple drops of Hoppes won't cure.

RevMike, aside from the starboard shoulder that piney woods rooter would be great for the BBQ pit! Cup-n-core boolets have the tendency to do that on occasion, It's a wonder our forefathers didn't starve to death wink

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yep, that about the right size. Once they start getting big, they're mostly head and hams, with some backstrap in between.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Use Prvi brass in my CZ 550 7x57. It's good stuff.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GeoW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I still have not fired my two older rifles in 7mm Mauser, one being a Brno 21H and the other being a Rem Mtn Rifle. When they've been unfired for so long, 63 years on the Brno, it's hard to pull the trigger the first time ;(

Two Ruger 77s, a 77R and a 77 MKII will be fired tomorrow, Lord willin!

Thomas Jefferson

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Use Prvi brass for my .300 Win Mag, nice stuff...Wolf Gold 8mm Mauser is CIP spec Pvri...I've shot their(Prvi's)Grom ammo, wish I could buy those bullets for reloading.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

I certainly don't claim Prvi is crap, but this did happen in two different pistols.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've either used, or friends who have used, the following cartridges in Prvi Partizan factory ammo with good results:
- 38Special
- 357Mag
- 6.5x55
- 7x57
- 7.65Arg
- 303Br
- 8x57

I've used their 8mm projectiles - also very good.

I have only had one issue with their ammo - I purchased one 20 round box in 375H&H and found 3 rounds with insufficient headspace ie tight to chamber - the belts were too "deep". Two of these cases I have continued to reload but the other one was just too tight to keep using.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

I certainly don't claim Prvi is crap, but this did happen in two different pistols.

that is definitely a brass defect,not a gun defect.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've shot PPU .40s&w and 10mm with zero issues. It's good stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=toad]some Prvi 10mm from a G20

[Linked Image] [/quote

I had the same thing happen with some Federal .38+P loads, although not quite as bad. I sent some cases to Federal and they decided it was a chemical reaction of some sort, presumably associated with the nickle plating process. They sort of replaced the 600 +P cases with some mixed range brass including regular .38, +P, +P+ and a few .357. So I sort of don't buy their ammo any more.

Last edited by Pappy348; 10/24/14.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
ive used brass also bullets in brno 22f 8x57 brass for 708,no complaints so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (7887mm08, 10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,512 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,679
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.