Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by tominboise
The ultimate would be a 44 w/ 4-1/4" octagon barrel, roundbutt w/ ivory micarta....

I'm thinking I agree with you.

Travis

Freedom Arms' charge for installing an octagon barrel on a 97 is very reasonable.

GB1

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
If you say so. I've never looked anywhere else.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
...$813...plus shipping to and from....grips would be another $334.00....

So you would be into the gun for $3400....

Better to order a new one and sell this one when the 14 month wait is up...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by RJM
...$813...plus shipping to and from....grips would be another $334.00....

So you would be into the gun for $3400....

Better to order a new one and sell this one when the 14 month wait is up...

Bob

That's comparable to an octagon barrel, line bored 5-shot conversion on a Ruger, once you factor in the base gun.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
This thing shoots like a mofo. I don't have time to wait for the new front sight so loaded up some 200gr. XTP's and 8.0gr's of True Blue. They shoot UBER to the 100.

I think I'll load up a couple hundred and slum jacketed bullets until the end of the season.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
..order a new gun and save $600....total would be about $2850.00.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I can't afford any more front sights.

Travis

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think you will find no matter what you feed this gun it is going to shoot great....

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by RJM
..order a new gun and save $600....total would be about $2850.00.

Less than $50 a month if the wait is 14 months for a new one. I have read that FA's turn around time on alterations to existing guns is quite fast; one reason I'm searching for a 97 in 32 H&R rather than ordering one in 327: I can likely get a new cylinder fitted in far less time than I would spend waiting for a new gun.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Turn-around time is two-three weeks. I saw their gun vault when I was there a few weeks ago...tons of rack space and about 10 guns...

Mr. Baker told me that alterations get first priority as they don't want an existing customers gun in the shop any longer than necessary..so all go to the head of the line.

bob

IC B3

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
...there was a 7.5" .327 on GunBroker a few months ago...it sat there for about two weeks before someone bought it for $1900.00.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RJM
I think you will find no matter what you feed this gun it is going to shoot great....

+10.....Mine certainly do....

Regards,

Tom
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Downstream
Travis, I been watching this thread for a few days and can not hold my peace any longer, you need fair warning.
While I can certainly be happy for you over the recent purchase of your new FA 97, the impending sale of your Model 29 will come with disaster following.
When a man sells or trades a Model 29 it starts an immediate chain reaction of events and physical manifestations.
First thing you will notice is a huge drop in testosterone. You will find yourself loosing confidence in situations that you had formerly been able control thru sheer maleness.
Women will no longer turn and check you out as you walk by.
When you are gathered together with Gun Cranks and you mention that you once had, but traded a Model 29, they will all look at the ground, cough and scuff their feet trying to hide their embarassment for you.
Your vision will get worse, stock up on reading glasses.
It will be hard to keep from gaining weight, extra pounds will settle in the back of your pants.
Other "Gun Guys" will start referring to you as "that boy who got rid of his 29".
Instead of going on a solo archery interior Grizzly hunt you will find yourself planning a game farm axis deer hunt so you can get in some shopping with your trip.
These are just a few of the sort of things that you bring on to yourself by letting a Model 29 out of your grasp.
The Proud Recipient however, will notice as he grasps for the first time his new prize. There are more veins showing in his forearms, his countenance will be as a bird of prey. Stern, broad shouldered, sharp vision. There is more than a transfer of ownership that goes along with a Model 29, There is a transfer of POWER! It is rather like counting coup, but with visible results.
While I am a big fan of the Wyoming school gun building and the extreme quality of their wares, I will remind you that John Linebaugh himself carries a Smith and Wesson for his daily carry gun.
Remember this, if you ever want back your former standing after selling a Model 29, it can only be regained by acquiring an Model 25.
Proceed with caution.

PURE AWESOME!!!!

I am now convinced that Chuck Norris only took that name because DOWNSTREAM was taken!!!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Downstream
Travis, I been watching this thread for a few days and can not hold my peace any longer, you need fair warning.
While I can certainly be happy for you over the recent purchase of your new FA 97, the impending sale of your Model 29 will come with disaster following.
When a man sells or trades a Model 29 it starts an immediate chain reaction of events and physical manifestations.
First thing you will notice is a huge drop in testosterone. You will find yourself loosing confidence in situations that you had formerly been able control thru sheer maleness.
Women will no longer turn and check you out as you walk by.
When you are gathered together with Gun Cranks and you mention that you once had, but traded a Model 29, they will all look at the ground, cough and scuff their feet trying to hide their embarassment for you.
Your vision will get worse, stock up on reading glasses.
It will be hard to keep from gaining weight, extra pounds will settle in the back of your pants.
Other "Gun Guys" will start referring to you as "that boy who got rid of his 29".
Instead of going on a solo archery interior Grizzly hunt you will find yourself planning a game farm axis deer hunt so you can get in some shopping with your trip.
These are just a few of the sort of things that you bring on to yourself by letting a Model 29 out of your grasp.
The Proud Recipient however, will notice as he grasps for the first time his new prize. There are more veins showing in his forearms, his countenance will be as a bird of prey. Stern, broad shouldered, sharp vision. There is more than a transfer of ownership that goes along with a Model 29, There is a transfer of POWER! It is rather like counting coup, but with visible results.
While I am a big fan of the Wyoming school gun building and the extreme quality of their wares, I will remind you that John Linebaugh himself carries a Smith and Wesson for his daily carry gun.
Remember this, if you ever want back your former standing after selling a Model 29, it can only be regained by acquiring an Model 25.
Proceed with caution.

That's hilarious.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
454 be the bomb travis...gfy

They're definitely the cheapest way into a FA I'll tell you that.

Travis

pretty good deal on a M83 in .44 mag, here - modest opening bid, and no reserve:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=449061935

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Yep. Seems to be about the best price you get on one in that chambering.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This post caused me to not only reconsider the sale of that firearm, but my entire life as well.

Thank you sir. You may have saved me.

Travis

PS- Don't let Hawk know you wrote that.

I'll take it!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
The grips alone are worth $300.00.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It doesn't matter the cost, you got an immediate sale here. I am on the phone with a certain classifieds advisor, coaching me on this trade/purchase. Are you still interested in the Avalanche?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Now that is funny!

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 3,087 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,728
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.