Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Does anyone know the type and caliber of pistol Wilson used during the Ferguson shooting? I haven't seen this info come out in all the reporting-just wondering.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He got the safety off during a really stressful situation, so my guess is a Glock.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read 9mm somewhere

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I read 9mm somewhere

Performance did not impress me, but I make allowances for his condition. I've heard that 9mm has gotten vastly better than 25 years ago, but 40 S&W seems very widely used today by departments. Who knows how they pick their ammo? On price?.

That said, the literature and my own limited exposure to police practices suggests that most are not gun guys, do not practice much and barely qualify. I'm sure others have opinions about that. smile

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Repeat the scenario with an airsoft in a duty holster and see what hits you can pull off.

NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd say Officer Wilson did a pretty bang up job.

Out of the box, he was facing what appears to be a physically larger opponent and experienced thug, having roughed up other people in the past, and looks to have been getting more comfortable in that role.

Sorry 'bout that, bro. But, that's not the way to approach a police officer.

And, Yeah. I'm talking about the bashing him with the door and trying to get his firearm part schit, too, for starters.

And, sorry, you're not allowed to have your anger management moment and decide to turn around on a bull rush.

Many cops in the family. But, I'm also no fan of these storm trooper types that seem to be evolving or just cropping up everywhere in the country. I had one of these ass clowns literally throw down on me with his Glock .40 when the console to transmission linkage popped on my Chevy. I was pulling away from a stop sign onto a 4-lane road when it snapped, and rolled out into the street about 4-6 feet. Nothing I could do about it. Forward momentum took me that far before I could stop with the breaks.

He rolled up on me screaming to get the phugg off the road and totally freaked when I started getting out of the truck to talk to him. By that time, I had already been on the phone with my hot-rodder buddy across the street to please come down and give me a quick tow. (3 blocks away).

I did have a conversation with the Capt, but let it go with a word to the wise and the quiet understanding that this is not yet a police state and it would be a mess if I pushed it for them. In the end, I wasn't looking for a piece of meat.

I figured at least the stupid [bleep] didn't shoot me.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
R
sig 229 40 cal.

FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockchucker
sig 229 40 cal.
Solid piece.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice gun. Please feel free to go practice.. just not on me, a live English speaking, tax-paying, land owning, law abiding, cop supporter.

Now, to the officer that threw down on me, go polish your Capt's boots and your azz..

Last edited by local_dirt; 10/23/14.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Nice gun. Please feel free to go practice.. just not on me, a live English speaking, tax-paying, land owning, law abiding, cop supporter.

Now, to the officer that threw down on me, go polish your Capt's boots and your azz..

WTF does this mean?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

WTF does this mean?

Someone's chemical (and/or medication) balance is off?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

WTF does this mean?

What does this mean?? I'll tell you what it means.

It means that my chemical/medication balance is just fine and I haven't worked like a slave all my life to have some stupid rookie high and tight phugging shoot me by "terrible, regrettable mistake" because my truck broke down halfway out into an outside lane of a 4-lane highway.

It also means that he had a Glock 40 pointed at me, and if it had instead been a Sig 229, he should still go polish his Capt's boots and his own azz because that's where those boots would have ended up, had I pressed it over at the station with his Capt, because his azz would have been eye socket deep in the fryer. As I said before, I wasn't looking for a piece of meat. Just a solid word to the wise (or unwise).

And it also means, for any storm trooper types out there, I could have blown his ass away from the time he stepped out of the cruiser screaming at me, were I some schitball cop-killer. My sister is ready to retire from PD with 30 yrs., my BIL retired after 32 years. We also have 2 other young family members and 2 in-laws on the force, so please keep it real. Don't bother blowing off a bunch of scenario schit. I already know it.

This type of mentality and actions are a big problem in my area.

He should have been thinking about helping me push the truck back off the road, but in his too much coffee, possibly too many steroids brain, that thought never registered.

Now, I'm done with this topic.

Last edited by local_dirt; 10/24/14.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think you better have your meds adjusted.

They don't seem to be working. The query about your post was, I believe what does it have to do with the opening thread

But it seems you have decided to go full retard, never a wise choice

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

WTF does this mean?

What does this mean?? I'll tell you what it means.

It means that my chemical/medication balance is just fine and I haven't worked like a slave all my life to have some stupid rookie high and tight phugging shoot me by "terrible, regrettable mistake" because my truck broke down halfway out into an outside lane of a 4-lane highway.

It also means that he had a Glock 40 pointed at me, and if it had instead been a Sig 229, he should still go polish his Capt's boots and his own azz because that's where those boots would have ended up, had I pressed it over at the station with his Capt, because his azz would have been eye socket deep in the fryer. As I said before, I wasn't looking for a piece of meat. Just a solid word to the wise (or unwise).

And it also means, for any storm trooper types out there, I could have blown his ass away from the time he stepped out of the cruiser screaming at me, were I some schitball cop-killer. My sister is ready to retire from PD with 30 yrs., my BIL retired after 32 years. We also have 2 other young family members and 2 in-laws on the force, so please keep it real. Don't bother blowing off a bunch of scenario schit. I already know it.

This type of mentality and actions are a big problem in my area.

He should have been thinking about helping me push the truck back off the road, but in his too much coffee, possibly too many steroids brain, that thought never registered.

Now, I'm done with this topic.

I don't think you answered his question. If anything, you made the answer more unclear...

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
He got the safety off during a really stressful situation, so my guess is a Glock.

The way I heard the story, he was carrying with an empty chamber, but still managed to rack it one handed while fighting off the an opponent who outweighed him by 100 pounds.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Somewhere between Dirt's truck breaking down and the rookie cop drawing his pistol, something happened. I suppose we'll get the rest of the story later.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Not if he already made his way to 'ignore'.....

Which he did.

Last edited by ingwe; 10/24/14.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is one of the funniest threads I've read since I joined this circus.

Gibberish,,,, but funny gibberish .

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (007FJ, 1234, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 3,118 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.