-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A typical answer from someone unable to back up the BS they sling. As expected. Further validating your cluelessness.

I'd kindly offer you the vagisil you requested earlier if I thought it would increase your rifle IQ. But maybe this would be more appropriate as your ass must be sore right now
[Linked Image]

Whomever said "ignorance is bliss" nailed it. It must be pretty cool to live in a world where plastic budget rifles made by the Lego Division of Playskool, as subcontracted by Fisher Price come with hand lapped match grade barrels and fully blueprinted actions laugh laugh laugh

Do us ALL a favor. Go sit back down at the kiddie table and STFU..........

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Shodd
Originally Posted by 16bore
Interesting.......
[Linked Image]

16bore, it really is not all that interesting. Nothing more than an entry level rifle that so far has proved to offer less than savage or marlin in terms of accuracy. Shod

Just how much BS can you ALL tolerate from this idiot? Nothing but one UNFOUNDED claim after another.

PROVED TO WHO? WHERE? Let's see it.

Show us your Marlins, Americans, Savages, and Tikkas you own/shoot in which you have based the wealth of knowledge you have bestowed upon us all.

LMAO.

Posers are fun to f**ck with.

I gotta go take a shod.......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
A typical answer from someone unable to back up the BS they sling. As expected. Further validating your cluelessness.

I'd kindly offer you the vagisil you requested earlier if I thought it would increase your rifle IQ. But maybe this would be more appropriate as your ass must be sore right now
[Linked Image]

Whomever said "ignorance is bliss" nailed it. It must be pretty cool to live in a world where plastic budget rifles made by the Lego Division of Playskool, as subcontracted by Fisher Price come with hand lapped match grade barrels and fully blueprinted actions laugh laugh laugh

Do us ALL a favor. Go sit back down at the kiddie table and STFU..........

Are you always this angry or does the word Tikka trigger it?

I'm curious. How many RAR's do you own or have you had personal experience with to be so forceful with your opinions?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know if you two dipchits met in person, you'd probably pop a few primers, giggle like school girls, and have a beer........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not angry at all and take this stuff FAR less seriously than you may think, or how I may come off.

If I told you how many rifles I've owned/shot you probably wouldn't believe me. Lets just say my opinions are based on real world experinces and that I may have a clue of what a decent rifle design/ value entails, and leave it at that.

As for the RAR, I've not made any forceful claims about it, so not sure what you mean. I do feel it is a better design and value than the Tikka. My bud bought one and it shoots right about 1" with 2 factory loads. I'm quite sure it is capable of even better, especially if I handloaded for it.

Shod, however has made plenty of forceful claims about several budget rifles accuracy, machining, and features, all of which he is obviously incapable of backing up. This should be self evident....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know if you two dipchits met in person, you'd probably pop a few primers, giggle like school girls, and have a beer........

Quite possible.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He may even learn a thing or 3 grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Be curious to see that and if there's ever going to be a stock worth a chit for them.

I have been off the fire a while and had this same question. I just had the 'Merican and tikka side by side and the stock on the Ruger was horrid. Boyds offers a few styles for the Ruger for $113. I would just like to know if the Ruger provided a conventional bedding surface.

A predator in 6.5 creedmore sounds perfect for the wife, wish they would offer the 6.5 in their standard all weather.

The main design point of the RAR stock and bedding system is that it provides a solid lock down into the stock and is very light weight and inexpensive to manufacture. Bedding would not offer any improvement to that design, so a higher quality stock that can be bedded is not necessary.

The Ruger stock is a purely functional item as a handle to point the barrel, and while it is severely lacks asthetic appeal to those who favor blue steel and wood, from an engineering design standpoint it is an elegant solution.

As long as the action screws are tight and the barrel is free-floating accuracy will be optimized for every rifle that comes off the assembly line without any need for bedding.

That one design concept is 200% better than the Tikka, that can develop issues in hard kickers, but the Tikka design objective is the same.

The price difference between the two is likely due to profits taken off the top by Beretta as the importer.

I like the RAR more than I like the Tikka, but I like the Tikka a lot more than I like Beretta.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
2muchgun, I think its a good idea if this nonsence stops now before things happen we'll both regret. You'll do well to no further reply to me. I'll do the same.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Has been a long fight over two rifles that most of us like.

IC B3

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
16 - what bbl length - 22.5? Speed? Very nice.

Guessing Lapua or WW brass?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm not angry at all and take this stuff FAR less seriously than you may think, or how I may come off.

If I told you how many rifles I've owned/shot you probably wouldn't believe me. Lets just say my opinions are based on real world experinces and that I may have a clue of what a decent rifle design/ value entails, and leave it at that.

As for the RAR, I've not made any forceful claims about it, so not sure what you mean. I do feel it is a better design and value than the Tikka. My bud bought one and it shoots right about 1" with 2 factory loads. I'm quite sure it is capable of even better, especially if I handloaded for it.

Shod, however has made plenty of forceful claims about several budget rifles accuracy, machining, and features, all of which he is obviously incapable of backing up. This should be self evident....

Now I know why I've perhaps found my new guru in life. Do you own thousands of rifles, maybe? Wow and yippee!

So the complete answer to my RAR question is one? But of course it's wrapped around a lifetime of other experiences that have brought about the unmatched evolution of your obviously unchallengeable knowledge base? Are you perhaps a rocket scientist?

You are an amazing individual. Now if you can just get the narcissism issue fixed you will possibly be the new Einstein of some very small world.

Am I wrong?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still not seeing the forceful comments you claim I made in reference to the Ruger. And therefore have no idea why you keep bringing it up? Did you imagine them?

Do you posess subpar reading comprehension skills?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Still not seeing the forceful comments you claim I made in reference to the Ruger. And therefore have no idea why you keep bringing it up? Did you imagine them?

Do you posess subpar reading comprehension skills?

I'm not claiming anything, sir. I'm simply in awe of your greatness.

As for my reading comprehension, I got A's in reading comprehension in grade school, but that was years ago. Maybe it's just an illusion on my part as I try to assess your obvious greatness.

Added:
Or maybe it results from your obviously intense dislike for a Tikka rifle in comparison. No reading comprehension issues there.

Last edited by BayouRover; 10/23/14.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 65BR
16 - what bbl length - 22.5? Speed? Very nice.

Guessing Lapua or WW brass?

[Linked Image]

Run of the mill 30-06 Tikka, Talley LW's, and a lowly 6x42 M1. Blistering speed of 2,820 FPS outta RP hulls.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by TopCat

The main design point of the RAR stock and bedding system is that it provides a solid lock down into the stock and is very light weight and inexpensive to manufacture. Bedding would not offer any improvement to that design, so a higher quality stock that can be bedded is not necessary.

The Ruger stock is a purely functional item as a handle to point the barrel, and while it is severely lacks asthetic appeal to those who favor blue steel and wood, from an engineering design standpoint it is an elegant solution.

I can understand the bedding being usable but the forend in the ruger was about as stiff as cooked spagetti. I guess I can take a look at reinforcing it like I have on some other ghetto rigs. Thanks for the insight.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 65BR

Deernut - tell us about your stocks.

Stock on the T3 Lite is a B&C Medalist. Skim bedded at the recoil lug and tang.

Stock on the T3 Hunter is the original off the T3 Lite. I skim bedded that one too then I sanded down the Euro-look 'checkering' and gave it a custom rattle-can finish job of my own camo design. blush

The wood stock off the T3 Hunter is in a box in my reloading room.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I can understand the bedding being usable but the forend in the ruger was about as stiff as cooked spagetti. I guess I can take a look at reinforcing it like I have on some other ghetto rigs. Thanks for the insight.

I think I'm going to pick up a RAR in 243 for the wife. I'm thinking some fiberglass poured in the fore end will stiffen 'er up.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I can understand the bedding being usable but the forend in the ruger was about as stiff as cooked spagetti.

You've obviously never had my wife's spaghetti. It's very McMillanish...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 1Deernut

I think I'm going to pick up a RAR in 243 for the wife. I'm thinking some fiberglass poured in the fore end will stiffen 'er up.

Varmit, that's an accurate description of the forend, I have filled other similar cheap stocks with acraglass and I'll probably do the same to the RAR. I opened the barrel channel slightly where it was touching the right side of the barrel but if you're not careful its pretty easy to torque or twist the forend into the barrel especially shooting off a bipod.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,891 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.