Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lorne Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Heard that the Canadian national anthem was sung in Pittsburgh tonight before the Penguins/Flyers game

Thanks to our friends and neighbours !

BP-B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Very Nice Lorne!!

Please stay safe up there and Godspeed!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Definitely a class act ! Thank you so very much, from this Canadian Family smile

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
That was very classy of the people of Pittsburgh..

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Very classy!

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We are all going to have to stand together to deal with this radical filth. Thoughts and prayer for Canada from N.C.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Thoughts and prayers for Canada and the innocent Canadian soldiers who have been slaughtered in the last days. At least Prime Minister Harper has the "cojones" to call it what it is: Terrorism.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw that on the news, thanks USA>

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry this crap has touched your country too. They won't stop. I hope the liberals up there don't try to "fix this" with more gun control as an impotent solution ignoring the real problem.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Oh Canada" is a really nice national anthem.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Even years ago, they played the US and Canadian anthems at major trapshoots. I know they did at the Grand and at the Utah Championships.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We know your pain, Canada. We have felt it before. We are in this war together, along with other countries. We are under attack by, and fighting, the same enemy. Pray we win.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bad news is that we cannot win until we get as totally ruthless in their destruction as they are for ours. There is NO "WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT"!! There are only survivors/winners.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Agreed completely Jim. For some time now these people have said they are going to do things like this...random acts of terror.
So we sit idly by and wait for it to happen. Granted our air strikes supposedly killed 521 of them ( ISIS) but that is obviously not enough.That aint even a good start.
I have said for decades that you absolutely have to demonstrate that you are crazier, and more ruthless, than they are. It is the ONLY thing they understand.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Americans as a whole have dumbed themselves down to utter complacency again since 911 so unless ISIS brings terror to their local neighborhoods it's business as usual.Someday the bell may ring in those pee brains that their lifestyle is no longer secure....... but I'm not counting on it.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Agreed completely Jim. For some time now these people have said they are going to do things like this...random acts of terror.
So we sit idly by and wait for it to happen. Granted our air strikes supposedly killed 521 of them ( ISIS) but that is obviously not enough.That aint even a good start.
I have said for decades that you absolutely have to demonstrate that you are crazier, and more ruthless, than they are. It is the ONLY thing they understand.

What do the dictators in the ME know about their own people that we don't understand? The concept that the people will be either at your feet or at your throat. There is no middle ground. Why has it been essential for any of the regimes to survive they have had to be ruthless? Sadamm, Assad, Iran under the Shah or Ayatollahs kept order only through force. Ghadaffi same way. Look at Egypt, it took the military to restore order.

I love the Liberal Left when - especially the shrill women who claim it can all be fixed with " good, serious diplomacy and negotiations". Negotiating with ISIS or Al Qaeda or Hamas is like negotiating with The Terminator.

John Kerry - "It is time for you to obey International Law, reject violence, accept the democratic process, and live and let live."

The Terminator as (Hamas, ISIS Etc) "Fook you, azzhole!"

Negotiations over. The Terminator slaps Kerry and goes on killing. Only way to deal with The Terminator is to destroy it or else it keeps on coming.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lorne
Heard that the Canadian national anthem was sung in Pittsburgh tonight before the Penguins/Flyers game

Yes sir, it's true, I watched the game last night and I thought it was a great gesture by them to show our support for Canada.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rusty51
That was very classy of the people of Pittsburgh..

Indeed!

Nicely done.

John

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Americans as a whole have dumbed themselves down to utter complacency again since 911 so unless ISIS brings terror to their local neighborhoods it's business as usual.Someday the bell may ring in those pee brains that their lifestyle is no longer secure....... but I'm not counting on it.

Not only that, but the rules of engagement are such that we can't possibly win.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lorne

and it's because you're our friends and good neighbors

we may poke each other in the ribs

and our gov't certainly doesn't represent the will of most of us these days

but I can't think of better neighbors than Canucks!

just wish Mexico and Australia and/or New Zealand would trade RE

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 10/23/14.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
106 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 35, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,412 guests, and 680 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.