Print Thread
Hop To
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Legislature has passed the bill, and the governor intends to sign it. Cities may not pass laws more restrictive than those of the state, and anyone wronged when they do can sue, and can also recover attorney's fees if I read it correctly.

link

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ohio has had a law like that for a few years now.

Our Attorney General has sued a few cities like Cleveland more than once for trying to ignore the law.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hadnt heard of this law. My first reaction is this is great, till it is used in a way you dont like

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by denton
Legislature has passed the bill, and the governor intends to sign it. Cities may not pass laws more restrictive than those of the state, and anyone wronged when they do can sue, and can also recover attorney's fees if I read it correctly.

link

Denton, it's already illegal under State Law for municpalities to pass gun laws.

What this new bill does is allow indiviuals to bring suit against those municipalities

This bill stems from a successful legal battle by a young man against the City of Erie, who arrested himfor violating their no guns in the park law

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks for the clarification. So what this does is put some actual teeth in an existing law. Good.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by speedsixman
Ohio has had a law like that for a few years now.

Our Attorney General has sued a few cities like Cleveland more than once for trying to ignore the law.

Myron

One good reason to keep a Republican in the AG office.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by denton

link

Denton, it's already illegal under State Law for municpalities to pass gun laws.

What this new bill does is allow indiviuals to bring suit against those municipalities

This bill stems from a successful legal battle by a young man against the City of Erie, who arrested himfor violating their no guns in the park law

It does more that that. It allows "Membership Organizations" (NRA) to sue municipalities on their members behalf and removed the "resident" requirements.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,549 guests, and 706 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,536
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.