Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Oldest DNA ever found sheds light on humans' global trek

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...global-trek/ar-BBaE2Vg?ocid=ansnewsafp11

Scientists said Wednesday they had unravelled the oldest DNA ever retrieved from a Homo sapiens bone, a feat that sheds light on modern humans' colonisation of the planet.

A femur found by chance on the banks of a west Siberian river in 2008 is that of a man who died around 45,000 years ago, they said.

Teased out of collagen in the ancient bone, the genome contains traces from Neanderthals -- a cousin species who lived in Eurasia alongside H. sapiens before mysteriously disappearing.

Previous research has found that Neanderthals and H. sapiens interbred, leaving a tiny Neanderthal imprint of just about two percent in humans today, except for Africans.

The discovery has a bearing on the so-called "Out of Africa" scenario: the theory that H. sapiens evolved in East Africa around 200,000 years ago and then ventured out of the continent.

Dating when Neanderthals and H. sapiens interbred would also indicate when H. sapiens embarked on a key phase of this trek -- the push out of Eurasia and into South and later Southeast Asia.

The new study, published in the journal Nature, was headed by Svante Paabo, a renowned geneticist at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, who has pioneered research into Neanderthals.

- Neanderthal interbreeding -

The bone found at the Irtyush River, near the settlement of Ust'-Ishim, carries slightly more Neanderthal DNA than non-Africans today, the team found.

But it takes the form of relatively long strips, whereas Neanderthal DNA in our genome today has been cut up and dispersed in tiny sections as a result of generations of reproduction.

These differences provide a clue for a "molecular calendar", or dating DNA according to mutations over thousands of years.

Using this method, Paabo's team estimate interbreeding between Neanderthals and H. sapiens occurred 7,000 to 13,000 years before the Siberian individual lived -- thus no more than 60,000 years ago.

This provides a rough date for estimating when H. sapiens headed into South Asia, Chris Stringer, a professor at Britain's Natural History Museum, said in a comment on the study.

If today's Australasians have Neanderthal DNA, it is because their forebears crossed through Neanderthal territory and mingled with the locals.

"The ancestors of Australasians, with their similar input of Neanderthal DNA to Eurasians, must have been part of a late, rather than early, dispersal through Neanderthal territory," Stringer said in a press release.

"While it is still possible that modern humans did traverse southern Asia before 60,000 years ago, those groups could not have made a significant contribution to the surviving modern populations outside of Africa, which contain evidence of interbreeding with Neanderthals."

Anthropologists suggest a northern branch of Eurasians crossed to modern-day Alaska more than 15,000 years ago via an "ice bridge" that connected islands in the Bering Strait, thus enabling H. sapiens to colonise the Americas.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
interbreeding.

pics or it didn't happen.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Interbreeding.

They had sluts back then?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Im sure they did. It would seem for the most part besides raping and pillaging, we usually just killed the Neanderthals when we caught up to them.....but not always wink

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
[Linked Image]

The aggregate IQ of Table Salt.....and Pepper.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Same as now, some dudes will tap anything......... wink

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

There are also giants still roaming the earth in remote places in Afghanistan. The Loch Ness monster was recently sighted in Oregon on a leash held by a Sasquatch. Fast twist is the only way to make an accurate rifle.

All sorts of myths are still believed by the gullible....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The twist part works for the earth is flat folks.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Neanderthals got pissed at the interlopers, boarded their space ships and went home.

Kent

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel

There are also giants still roaming the earth in remote places in Afghanistan. The Loch Ness monster was recently sighted in Oregon on a leash held by a Sasquatch. Fast twist is the only way to make an accurate rifle.

You got that right.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by shrapnel

You got that right.

Like the 6000 year old Earth one.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Neanderthal girls are easy

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was a Neanderthal, I'd probably hit this.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
If I was a Neanderthal, I'd probably hit this.

[Linked Image]

Yeah. With my COCK.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Re: Humans and Neanderthals were interbreeding 60,000 years ago

And we have lots of living proof that they still are.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw that article and it surprised me a bit.

Only in that I figured interbreeding was common sense. Especially since they found Neanderthal DNA in humans a while ago.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
mudshark caveman babies

riiiiiightt

cause the Cro magnon men were always too damn busy and tired from working the mammoth tar pits....

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That explains Eyeball and his crew!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
[Linked Image]

Remember it is important to the conservative movement to hide your raceism!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 3,064 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.