Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
llama2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Selling a Swarovski 7x30 SLC Binocular.

These are excellent binoculars- the only reason I am selling is because I recently purchased (2) new Swarovski binoculars and something needs to go.

The binocular in fantastic condition- glass is in near mint condition. They have been taken care of very well. And the focus mechanism is smooth as fine silk. IMO- the only way that I think you could find a better sample of one of these, is if someone had a pair new in the box that was never used.

This binocular comes with (2) sets of eyecups (the regular twist ones plus the screw in winged eyecup ones). I even have (2) sets of the rubber wing parts for the screw in winged eyecups. It has original carry case and neck strap (which is in like new condition). And all glass covers.

Binocular even comes with an extra new Swarovski name plate if the one that is on there becomes marred.

To give you an idea what kind of shape these are in-

This is what Swarovski wrote to me in a email when I sent them in for a check up and cleaning.

"Hi Stephen,

I hope you are doing well today.

According to the technician, your lenses are in almost perfect condition. He will be working on them under warranty, they will be going through a inspection and external cleaning. You requested 7x30 eyecups with the 18mm relief, were you referring to the winged eyecups? We will be replacing the eyecups with the new twist up , twist down eyecups. If you do not like those, you can replace them with your winged eyecups you have now.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 800-426-3089. Business hours are Monday thru Friday 8am-4:30pm EST.

Best regards,
Melissa Benoit"

Melissa J. Benoit
Technical Support Representative / Warranty & Repair

Swarovski Optik N.A. LTD.

***Selling for $575 plus $15 to ship ($590 TYD) to cont. US.

For PP, please either pay the fees, or use personal option.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nice............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
llama2,

Do you know its field of view?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New question.

I would like to know how it does in low light. What binoculars or scopes do you have, yes scopes, that you could compare with in low light?

Everyday Hunter
L
llama2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
FOV is 378 ft per 1000 feet.

As far as low light it does very well- better than the 8x30 SLC since it (7x30) has almost a 4.3 mm exit pupil compared to the 3.75 of the 8x30. And this 7x30 does extremely well in foggy and cloudy weather.

Regarding scopes- do you mean rifle scopes, or spotting scopes. I mostly use 3-9x40 Leupold ones; and it is hard to compare. A 3-9x40 set at 4x is going to have a 10mm exit pupil. I do not use rifle scopes as a replacement for binoculars in most any situation.

The 7x30 and 8x30 SLC's are iconic, fantastic pieces of glass that is really a classic from Swarovski. They are superb.

If I did not just get both a 8x32 Swaro SV ( a lot more dinero than the SLC) and a 8x25 Swaro CL, I would not be selling this 7x30 SLC.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Yes, please do a comparison between your binocular and a rifle scope. Maybe even your binocular and a spotting scope. Also wondering, how would they compare to an Eotech? If you look at them backwards through the objective lenses, how far away does your neighbors mailbox appear? Are they heavier or lighter than a bottle of water? If lighter, how many sips would you have to take from said bottle of water to match the weight?

L
llama2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Yes, please do a comparison between your binocular and a rifle scope. Maybe even your binocular and a spotting scope. Also wondering, how would they compare to an Eotech? If you look at them backwards through the objective lenses, how far away does your neighbors mailbox appear? Are they heavier or lighter than a bottle of water? If lighter, how many sips would you have to take from said bottle of water to match the weight?

GW-

Funny stuff! I will get back to you when I have completed the assignments.

BTW- so you are now in Oregon- where on the coast? Didnt you live in Utah before. What in the world made you want to move here?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Good Stuff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bump for good seller. I bought a pair of binos from him and they were better than described. Buy with confidence

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

LOL.
Which one of you guys let ringman out of the optics forum again?

Bump for a fine piece of glass and a good guy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

L
llama2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks for the kind words and the bump.

NMSSHOOTER- hope you are enjoying your binoculars.

To anyone interested in these 7x30 SLC's- they really are fantastic glass. From my testing against Swarovski's current offering in this size ( the 8x30 CL)- it is my opinion that these are clearly better. The resolution of detail in these clearly trumps that CL. And the CL has a very narrow feeling FOV.

It is also my opinion (and many others I might add) that the Swaro SLC's that were discontinued when the 8x30 CL's came out were overall a much better optic than the CL's that are now offered. Just my 2c's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
llama2,

Thanks for getting back to me. Since you have at least one 3-9X you could set it on 7X and see which optics looses the image first. Presently I use a porroprism Nikon 7X50 CF WP with 7.2* of view. If the 7X30 lasts longer than what I now use, I want it. If not, I don't.

You have to pick something with detail like newsprint and set it at least fifty yards away. When the light starts fading you need to be checking back and forth fairly quickly.

Everyday Hunter
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
llama2,

Thanks for getting back to me. Since you have at least one 3-9X you could set it on 7X and see which optics looses the image first. Presently I use a porroprism Nikon 7X50 CF WP with 7.2* of view. If the 7X30 lasts longer than what I now use, I want it. If not, I don't.

You have to pick something with detail like newsprint and set it at least fifty yards away. When the light starts fading you need to be checking back and forth fairly quickly.

What is it about the Oregon water?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, I don't post on the forum anymore, but this glass not selling brought me out of lurker status.

$595 delivered for these bins is a GREAT deal. I used the 7x30 SLC for years before I went to the Leica 8x32... only thing about the Leica is I wish they were 7x32!

These are freaking GREAT binoculars at a VERY good price.

I'd buy these at this price before buying anything in its price range new.

Good grief, you can lead people to water...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have this same pair, had them since the mid 90's, excellent, hard to find better glass.
Question, can I ask what it cost to have them cleaned and a check up?
I don't think I need it, but after about 20 years it wouldn't hurt.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jbmi

Question, can I ask what it cost to have them cleaned and a check up?

When I had mine done, it was FREE.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'll take them per our PM.
second PM sent

It's a good day for something.
L
llama2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Ringman
llama2,

Thanks for the interest in the binoculars. I am sorry to report that I cannot ( or will not) jump through hoops and spin around to sell these binoculars. Sorry.

L
llama2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by SLM

What is it about the Oregon water?

Hey- I resent that, I am from Oregon. And my water coming out of my well is fantastic spring water. But I cannot vouch for anyone else's water that lives here ;^)

L
llama2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Brad
OK, I don't post on the forum anymore, but this glass not selling brought me out of lurker status.

$595 delivered for these bins is a GREAT deal. I used the 7x30 SLC for years before I went to the Leica 8x32... only thing about the Leica is I wish they were 7x32!

These are freaking GREAT binoculars at a VERY good price.

I'd buy these at this price before buying anything in its price range new.

Good grief, you can lead people to water...

Brad,

I agree, these are fantastic binoculars- which I may very well kick myself someday for selling. Only reason I am selling them is because I bought this summer a 8x25 Swaro CL; and a 8x32 Swarovski SV. And truth be told, even though the 8x32 SV is great- I wish it was in a 7x32 format.

These 7x30 SLC's are going to make someone (Rudy) a great binocular!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (12344mag, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 62 invisible), 2,922 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,794
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.