Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't you just love scientists?

"Pre-cranial [bleep] man Hoozorontal Liberacious stood 5' 3 3/16" tall and occupied the planet for 1,134,321 years, 5 months, 7 days, 4 hours and 13 minutes, when he suddenly and catastrophically disappeared. This ushered in the era of Gigantus Swingusswordius which stood 7' 2 3/8" tall and drove Humvees. He is widely believed to have been the direct descendent of Hoozorontal Man, and promptly took over the day after his predecessors complete and utter extinction."

Stay tuned for Fantasia Hour with free cocktails and shrimp do-thingys.

LOL
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm hairy, like to hunt, and like to eat meat. I am surely part Neanderthal. The skinny little dudes that are hairless, have an ass bigger than their shoulders and don't hunt surely don't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I suspect that all the homosapiens were black when this interbreeding occurred as most humans had not yet migrated to northern climates, where they eventually got pale. And amusingly enough, everybody here is descended from black stock. :-)

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by RWE
interbreeding.

pics or it didn't happen.

What do guys today chase? Wild women/neanderthals. What do women
today fantasize about? Wild men/neanderthals. Hello!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Don't you just love scientists?

"Pre-cranial [bleep] man Hoozorontal Liberacious stood 5' 3 3/16" tall and occupied the planet for 1,134,321 years, 5 months, 7 days, 4 hours and 13 minutes, when he suddenly and catastrophically disappeared. This ushered in the era of Gigantus Swingusswordius which stood 7' 2 3/8" tall and drove Humvees. He is widely believed to have been the direct descendent of Hoozorontal Man, and promptly took over the day after his predecessors complete and utter extinction."

Stay tuned for Fantasia Hour with free cocktails and shrimp do-thingys.

How dare you! They arrived at that precise information through the use of the Scientific Method. (Sorry, no genuflection icon).

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Originally Posted by RWE
interbreeding.

All I want is to bring a nice catholic girl home. I just haven't been able to talk my wife into it yet.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
OMG! Snorkling herbal tea....You are bad.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Still laughing...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks like you need to check into skin color genetics.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by conrad101st
I suspect that all the homosapiens were black when this interbreeding occurred as most humans had not yet migrated to northern climates, where they eventually got pale. And amusingly enough, everybody here is descended from black stock. :-)

Actually he has a bit of a point. If you check your mitochondrial and nucleic DNA you'll find that we have ALL been touched by the tar brush. grin

Its why I like shiny things. laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Originally Posted by RWE
interbreeding.

Women fantasize about neanderthals?

I resent being called a neanderthal.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ringman
It looks like you need to check into skin color genetics.

Genetic testing co 23 and Me says I am 100% black gene free. grin

Last edited by eyeball; 10/24/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you check far enough you will discover the original skin color was brown. From the skin color punnet square of sixteen you can get the blackest black to the palest pale. but the last lecture I heard there are 64 genes dealing with skin color.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Reckon this might explain the problems we're having with thieves on the Fire?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I took a college elective on anthropology, and we got into the differences between early humans. At the same time, one of my classmates honestly did have a neanderthal skull - big eye ridges and such. He was an engineering major, and a good student. If some future scientist ever finds his skull, it will likely stir up controversy about Neanderthals in our times.

Michael Crichton, the author of many thrillers, wrote one book called Eaters of the Dead which told the story of early Vikings, from the perspective of a middle eastern warrior who traveled widely in Europe. He uncovered some evidence suggesting there might have still been a few Neanderthals still knocking around in Europe, as late as the middle ages.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Re: Humans and Neanderthals were interbreeding 60,000 years ago

And we have lots of living proof that they still are.

I believe it. Reading through the posts on the main forum provides ample proof.
Though Neanderthals had higher cognitive skills than some here.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I believe when it is all said and done someday in the future, it will be acknowledged that Europeans are essentially nothing more than Neanderthals. The whole thing about "modern humans" having between two and four percent Neanderthal genes is misleading, when the DNA sequence done on the ONE Neanderthal individual shows 99.7% percent commonality with modern human DNA and differences of something like 20 to 30 base pairs. There are differences between something like 16 to 20 base pairs on the upper end of modern human DNA around the world. So, that puts Neanderthals on the outside edge of DNA differences found in modern human populations. Which is hardly surprising considering the DNA is 50,000 years old or so.

Neanderthals were modern humans and modern humans were Neanderthals. I suspect that the isolation of the humans who had adapted to cold climates of Europe and Asia lead to some adaptations of shorter limbs and thicker bodies than those who were in Africa, but was it much different than today? Will some future anthropologist dig up the skeleton of a 4'10 Japanese woman and a 6'5 Chinese peasant and assume they are different species?

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/27/14.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by LostHighway
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Re: Humans and Neanderthals were interbreeding 60,000 years ago

And we have lots of living proof that they still are.

I believe it. Reading through the posts on the main forum provides ample proof.
Though Neanderthals had higher cognitive skills than some here.

Neanderthals got lost somewhere along the pathway, losthighway. Anyway, some still pop up here on the fire from day to day.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/27/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The only humans with no Neanderthal mixing are sub-Saharan Africans.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
this is how the world ends up with dickheads like Obama , interbreeding

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

125 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 11 invisible), 1,492 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.