Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Here's the rub: none of us routinely hunt with that many people in the party. Generally, we're solo or occasionally with one other person. This hunt is a once-every-so-many-years type gig. So, one of us will end up with this tent after the hunt and if it could work well for our usual hunts, that'd be perfect.

Was/is there a mention of a modular system that's out there?

If not, get your retirement plans ready.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

Here's the rub: none of us routinely hunt with that many people in the party. Generally, we're solo or occasionally with one other person. This hunt is a once-every-so-many-years type gig. So, one of us will end up with this tent after the hunt and if it could work well for our usual hunts, that'd be perfect.

Was/is there a mention of a modular system that's out there?

If not, get your retirement plans ready.

Might look into the Seek Outside Little Bug out Shelters...very modular and no one in the group is stuck shelling out all the money for it
http://seekoutside.com/featured-product-in-detail-lil-bug-out-hybrid-tent/

Depending on how things go I might be giving one of these a whirl next season..we shall see.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

Might look into the Seek Outside Little Bug out Shelters...very modular and no one in the group is stuck shelling out all the money for it.

This advice right here. ^^^

Kinda went against my normal procedure and was an early adopter of the LBO. I've been super happy with it. Fits our family of 4, some gear and a stove- in the Base+Tarp+Base configuration. Makes a bomber 2 man in the Base+3panel and a very spacious solo shelter in the Base+any vestibule...

It's not standup capable though, if that's a important consideration for your group.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
There are three of us going on an elk hunt (first rifle season) to Colorado next fall. All three of us are between 5'10" and 6'1", 180-210 pounds.

We're going to be needing a tent with stove capabilities to do a full first season (one week) run at up to 12,000 feet. Yes, I've hunted this area before, and yes, if it's still warm the elk will be that high.

We're looking for a floorless tipi-style or tarp style tent, stove compatible, and lightweight, but with enough room for three guys and their gear for an elk hunt.

Suggestions?

Strongly considering a base+tarp+base LBO set up with a stove for this trip based upon the trip needs and the highlighted rub to the whole deal.

My hunting partner and I spent 8 days last year in the base+tarp+base set-up with a stove. It's a great tent, and worked fine for 2 of us. But, I think it would be too small for 3. Even with the 2 of us, we stashed a lot of our gear outside under a tarp. I personally think you need something bigger. I recommend you visit with the SO folks. They are top notch.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
120 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.