My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hey, thats mis appropriation of funds on the black gloves.. LOL.

Amazing how the same style, but built better just works better. Never had any trouble with muzzy, but our deer are not large. But Slick tricks have been great so far too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, best broad heads on the market. I equally like the viper trick. They penetrate bigger game better.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They maybe great but are illegal in Oregon, must be a fixed head. I wonder if illegal in any other state? Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Guess you don't know what a Slick Trick is

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I'm guessing that the "Northcountry" fella is not clear on slick trick?

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by northcountry
They maybe great but are illegal in Oregon, must be a fixed head. I wonder if illegal in any other state? Cheers NC

???????????? um, they are a fixed blade.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Best heads on the market. I tried and liked the grave digger. But I came back to slick trick. And don't plan on changing again any time soon

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by northcountry

Wow

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess you all are right I was thinking swagers(sp) where they fly closed and open up on impact. Don't be to hard on me I don't do archery. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Standard or magnum head? Which head is preferred?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the power of the bow needs to be combined with the size of the game to answer this.

No deer alive needs more then a standard. But I would want magnums for elk and bears. Although I use the 125 viper trick version for everything

It just keeps things simple for me, the 125 weight works just fine for arrows over 400 grains.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
And I use 100 Standard for deer and have killed a large hog with the standard also,I have killed deer with the magnums it's 6 in one half dozen the other for deer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
100 magnums for me. I like the extra cut

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I really like them too, and have been using them for several years, but am giving the QAD Exodus a trial. For the first time ever I couldn't get the Tricks to shoot perfect this year. Good, but not perfect. The Exodus did, so I'm trying them. They also appear to be very well constructed,I expect them to do as well as the ST's.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not I'm any way suggesting to to be argumentative.

However if your bow does not shoot a slick trick properly. I would be prone to think the bow is the issue. I've never seen a bow not shoot a slick trick great to perfect. 75% of my hunters use them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reference the Exodus, my son and I have shot six deer with them to date and they have performed perfectly. Through and through on all of them, breaking ribs on some deer going in and exiting out with no trouble. I shot a buck last Saturday and watched him go down within forty yards. My son did the same thing yesterday. We really like the Exodus broadhead. I thought of trying other broadheads but if it ain't broke and all that.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Exodus has a great reputation. Given the performance of both, it comes down to price for me. Per Amazon (where I bought this year):

Exodus: $40 per 3

Slick Trick: $23 per 3

Substantial difference. The way I look at it is that I can better afford practice heads. The more practice the more better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They have quite a following - until my Muzzy's give me a reason to change I'll stick with them. Bought 9 new/used + blades for $20 on AT a couple years back.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by JJHACK
I'm not I'm any way suggesting to to be argumentative.

However if your bow does not shoot a slick trick properly. I would be prone to think the bow is the issue. I've never seen a bow not shoot a slick trick great to perfect. 75% of my hunters use them.

You are, of course, correct. I tried to tune it and got it pretty close, but just not perfect. Someone more proficient at tuning could no doubt make it shoot perfect. Unfortunately my skills in that area are limited. I'm not sure what happened, as in past years it shot them great. I recommended them to others and they always shot well for them too.
I'll try it again next year, although I really do want to try a couple of the new Elite's...

For the last couple years, the ST's were quite a bit cheaper than comparable heads, which was a bonus. They are now about the same price as everything else though, so that makes it easier to experiment a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

371 members (1lesfox, 10ring1, 160user, 06hunter59, 16penny, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,742 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,565
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.