Originally Posted by squesh
my signature is on the charter, too. :-) I got to talk to Cirillo and Jeff quite a bit, as well as Bruce Nelson, etc. Mass Ayoob was not there, altho he seems to have claimed that he was. I rode out to the first IPSC natl's in Bill Wilson's Firebird. He'd been unable to attend the conference, because he was shooting in the Second Chance pin match, IIRC. Back then, we were all quite slow, by today's standards. A draw and 2 A's at 25 yds, in 2.5 seconds, was considered top performance. Now it's 5 such hits, same distance, time, and "limited" 1911

�.if it's the picture that I'm familiar with (Columbia Conference https://www.ipsc.org/ipsc/columbiaconference.php) then you're Jon Davis---if so, how you doing? You probably don't remember me---I wasn't at the Columbia Conference (was still on active duty in the Corps) but got there six months later. I remember very well Raul's walk and draw Sparks rig---he had the first long barreled 6" BarSto barreled Pachmayr that I ever saw. Wilson used to come to the MPPL matches and sell trinkets on the hood of his car (although I remember him having a MOPAR car-Duster,etc. IIRC). You ran a match one time when you drove down from Illinois and slept in in your car on the range---early 1977 IIRC. Arganbright is a name that I hadn't thought of for a while. He wrote quite a few articles for American Handgunner---still have one of his Hackathorn Special copies somewhere.

Most of those guys are dead now---you, Rick Miller, Ken Hackathorn, Dick Thomas and Thell Reed are still with us---is Jerry Gore still alive?
Cheers,
Greg Moats

Last edited by gmoats; 10/27/14.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.