Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
squesh Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
my signature is on the charter, too. :-) I got to talk to Cirillo and Jeff quite a bit, as well as Bruce Nelson, etc. Mass Ayoob was not there, altho he seems to have claimed that he was. I rode out to the first IPSC natl's in Bill Wilson's Firebird. He'd been unable to attend the conference, because he was shooting in the Second Chance pin match, IIRC. Back then, we were all quite slow, by today's standards. A draw and 2 A's at 25 yds, in 2.5 seconds, was considered top performance. Now it's 5 such hits, same distance, time, and "limited" 1911

Last edited by squesh; 10/25/14.
GB1

S
squesh Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Raul Walters won the Leatherslap we started the Conference with, 1.05 seconds, from a Sparks walk and draw rig, using the surrender start. Thell Reed would not compete, because Jeff would not let him use the "hand hover" start position, which SA revolver match shooters all use. A year later, after I got a fast draw timer from Arganbright, I was posting sub-1.0 second times for such draw and hits, from concealment. :-)

We thought that an 8 second El prez was fast, too. A year later, I was occasionally cracking 5.0 seconds, altho normally dropping a couple of hits into the D zone when I did so.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Now we're pretending to post pictures to help our pretending? This site gets better by the day.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Here, I found it...

[Linked Image]

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought I saw your signature on the Declaration of Independence. Here is a picture from the after party. Which one are you?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by supercrewd
Here, I found it...

[Linked Image]

That right there is funny!!

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Brady Bunch, dating yourself just a little. lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bottom row third from left is a woman........ Are you sure you posted the right photo?

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
Bottom row third from left is a woman........ Are you sure you posted the right photo?

You have something against women?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, he's back.....?

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here's a photo of my signature on the Declaration of Independence.

And here I am, third from the right, behind T. Jefferson (next to Franklin).

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So you're saying you're a bottom?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I heard you boys knocked back a lot of Madeira that day! I am hoping somebody leaks some of those pictures.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Whitworth1

Now think about it...

NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here, I found it...

[Linked Image]

Classic

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here, I found it...

[Linked Image]

laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
did you wear the glasses and have the long hair when you were shooting? Plus did your tits slow you down?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bea175
did you wear the glasses and have the long hair when you were shooting? Plus did your tits slow you down?

I'm pretty sure that gals don't use their "tits" to shoot a firearm. But hey, I could be wrong in this case. LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did not realize you had Wi Fi at the state hospital.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Looks like the Manson Crew

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by squesh
my signature is on the charter, too. :-) I got to talk to Cirillo and Jeff quite a bit, as well as Bruce Nelson, etc. Mass Ayoob was not there, altho he seems to have claimed that he was. I rode out to the first IPSC natl's in Bill Wilson's Firebird. He'd been unable to attend the conference, because he was shooting in the Second Chance pin match, IIRC. Back then, we were all quite slow, by today's standards. A draw and 2 A's at 25 yds, in 2.5 seconds, was considered top performance. Now it's 5 such hits, same distance, time, and "limited" 1911

�.if it's the picture that I'm familiar with (Columbia Conference https://www.ipsc.org/ipsc/columbiaconference.php) then you're Jon Davis---if so, how you doing? You probably don't remember me---I wasn't at the Columbia Conference (was still on active duty in the Corps) but got there six months later. I remember very well Raul's walk and draw Sparks rig---he had the first long barreled 6" BarSto barreled Pachmayr that I ever saw. Wilson used to come to the MPPL matches and sell trinkets on the hood of his car (although I remember him having a MOPAR car-Duster,etc. IIRC). You ran a match one time when you drove down from Illinois and slept in in your car on the range---early 1977 IIRC. Arganbright is a name that I hadn't thought of for a while. He wrote quite a few articles for American Handgunner---still have one of his Hackathorn Special copies somewhere.

Most of those guys are dead now---you, Rick Miller, Ken Hackathorn, Dick Thomas and Thell Reed are still with us---is Jerry Gore still alive?
Cheers,
Greg Moats

Last edited by gmoats; 10/27/14.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.