-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I wonder how many feral hogs around here have it.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have eaten bear here in MI and most bear hunter I know here do as well. However, when I bear hunted in Saskatchewan, I was told no one eats bear because it's "wormy". Guess this is what they meant.

405wcf

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rinella had Joe Rogan on his show a while back. JR has SR on his podcast a couple times per year. In their most recent one, they talked at length about trichinosis and lyme disease. It's pretty good. I have a lot of windshield time so go through a lot of podcasts and audiobooks.

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpN_AcIy3m4

He just had Cameron Hanes on this week, I'm downloading that one now. You don't have to agree with everything to still find it interesting.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
love the video..... "eat me and you'll pay the price".

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Never could dig past the venison in the freezer for a bear steak.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rphguy
love the video..... "eat me and you'll pay the price".

Almost. Note to self, cook Steven thoroughly.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If hunting wild hogs or bears, it's probably always a good idea to assume Trichinosis is present. Cook thoroughly and you don't have to worry about it. Undercooked bear and pork is not your friend...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
No rare pig or bear for me please !

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by superdave
Rinella had Joe Rogan on his show a while back. JR has SR on his podcast a couple times per year. In their most recent one, they talked at length about trichinosis and lyme disease. It's pretty good. I have a lot of windshield time so go through a lot of podcasts and audiobooks.

He just had Cameron Hanes on this week, I'm downloading that one now. You don't have to agree with everything to still find it interesting.

I love that Pod Cast. You listen to the most recent one with Cam Hanes?

Has anyone read Steve's book, Meat Eater? I just finished it on a Trans-Atlantic flight. One of the best non-fiction read's i've had in a long time.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986
Originally Posted by superdave

I love that Pod Cast. You listen to the most recent one with Cam Hanes?

Has anyone read Steve's book, Meat Eater? I just finished it on a Trans-Atlantic flight. One of the best non-fiction read's i've had in a long time.

I've read Meat Eater, as well as his book about the buffalo. Really enjoy his book and his show. Seems to really tell it like it is and no fluff. Really enjoyed his one show about hunting Mule deer, and how he really wanted a trophy, but ended up taking the first legal buck he saw. Sounds like the majority of real hunters to me.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some years ago there was an outbreak of it in a small town in Idaho. After tracking things backwards, it all came down to a garbage dump bear. A hunter had shot it and turned it into salami which he gave to all of his friends. He hadn't cooked it enough and they all got the bug. IIRC, he had a lot of friends.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,514
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.