Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
California Highway Patrol officers... look at it all as just a game, one that apparently has been going on for years, and has the department in denial and just turning its head!

Officers have been caught sharing naked pictures of those females arrested for DUI and such, and then going into their cell phones, if pictures or something of interest is found they use that same phone to text those pictures to all their friends.

Officers were caught by some smart women that when they found text to unknown phone numbers had them traced to the officers and friends.

I'd be wondering if it was just limited to pictures or if these officers might have made use of some other personal details.

Phil

Last edited by Greyghost; 10/25/14.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of my brothers just retired from the CHP.
I don't think you can paint the entire CHP with that brush bro.

At least he never shared the pics with me dammit... cry

Proud NRA Life Member
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
There are good cops and bad cops, regardless of the department or location.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
But then, I'd like for the bad cops to share the naughty pictures with me!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CHP is a rather large agency. You can't possibly believe this is accepted agency wide

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, you may recall that the CHP boys are the ones who answered Ray Nagan calls post-Katrina to come in and confiscate firearms in the chocolate city.

does not speak well for the CHPs boys.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Katrina was not in California. Pretty broad stroke of a brush I'd say.

Last edited by sidepass; 10/25/14.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Indeed, Katrina hit NOLO. CHPs showed up to help out with the aftermath, at the request of Choc0late Nagan.

What they did and that they did it is historical fact.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Indeed, Katrina hit NOLO. CHPs showed up to help out with the aftermath, at the request of Choc0late Nagan.

They didn't do anything different than any other officers would have done and they had the support of other officers in the area when they did it.

Police just aren't in to privately held firearms. HS Precision & Troy, Industries tied in with 2 of the heroes from Ruby Ridge and Waco in order to attract police customers since officers really look up to those guys (and want to do what they did) as an example.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Officers have been caught sharing naked pictures of those females arrested for DUI and such, and then going into their cell phones, if pictures or something of interest is found they use that same phone to text those pictures to all their friends.

Got a link? I guess maybe things have changed. CHP usually calls the local sheriffs for transport to jail.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Link

Yesterday it was a front page story, and again today front page and half of page 4 I believe.

Believe the LA Times had a better story on it.

Phil

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sherp

They didn't do anything different than any other officers would have done and they had the support of other officers in the area when they did it.

Police just aren't in to privately held firearms. HS Precision & Troy, Industries tied in with 2 of the heroes from Ruby Ridge and Waco in order to attract police customers since officers really look up to those guys (and want to do what they did) as an example.

That the CHIPPIES did what all the other thugs were doing does not excuse them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ahhh the brilliance, smart enough to find and send personal pictures, but to dumb to delete sent texts.
DUH!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sad. when I was young the chp were looked at almost like the texas rangers were. when I was about 12 a chippy was shot and killed above sac. during a traffic stop. the whole state just about turned out to find the perps. been along slide down since.
started with affirmative action.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not seeing the problem here. It is entirely the fault of the perps for catching the officers' collective eyes.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deerstalker
sad. when I was young the chp were looked at almost like the texas rangers were. when I was about 12 a chippy was shot and killed above sac. during a traffic stop. the whole state just about turned out to find the perps. been along slide down since.
started with affirmative action.

We need to get back to the good old days when officers' words were all that counted. Since recorded information is the difference between then and now, we need to support banning the use of any video/audio/electronic evidence that runs counter to an officer's claims so we can get back to how things used to be.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sherp

That the CHIPPIES did what all the other thugs were doing does not excuse them.

That officers typically only support broad firearms privileges for themselves does not make them thugs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH
Ahhh the brilliance, smart enough to find and send personal pictures, but to dumb to delete sent texts.
DUH!!!

How is it dumb on their part exactly?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Got a link? I guess maybe things have changed. CHP usually calls the local sheriffs for transport to jail.

That has never been true. Unless they're actually turning over the arrest to the SO.

We will often turn over DUIs to the CHP in our more remote areas because they are experts at it and we dont care about numbers of arrests. And we prefer to stay available for calls.

They will sometimes turn over arrests that started as traffic but wandered into real crime land. But more and more we're just helping them sort it instead of actually taking it.

But when it comes to DUI arrests, they transport their own. I've never heard of an SO that would volunteer to be transport only for a state agency.

Last edited by pira114; 10/27/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nah, these guys wouldn't do that

[Linked Image]

(couldn't resist)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,355
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.