-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Two weeks and counting guys. Just sitting here in the basement looking around the man cave. I really want to start packing, but I'm saving that for next weekend. Our deer herd up north got hit pretty hard last winter. This may be one of those years where a few of us would have been better off just staying home.

There's no way I'd miss an opener. Not gonna happen. It's just what we do. Best wishes and good luck to our many members headed out for the deer opener. May the wind be always in your face, the snow fresh and littered with tracks, and the memories everlasting.

Best wishes guys.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gopher:

There are plenty of deer in our area of northern MN. They just aren't running down your barrel like they do in normal years. I am near Squaw Lake, and have 3 friends who have hit deer on motorcycles, 2 this year. As you travel north you will see plenty of deer that didn't cross the road fast enough. Despite last year's bad winter, most does had fawns, and a fair number with 2 fawns. Also think this year's warm weather is slowing buck activity. Think positive - there is a buck out there with your name on it!

Fred

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm headed out to try a little metro hunt on a special tag. Headed out in an hour or so. But gopher is right, where he hunts was one of the hardest hit areas of the state the last few years. But there's no way I'd miss an opener for that reason.

I'll be in the bushes most of that week. I'm getting antsy but it's hard to get fired up when it's 68* out this afternoon.

The deer ARE starting to move a bit though. I've seen a few while driving last week and a few dead ones popping up in the ditch. My daughter said two bucks and a doe walked with in 1 yard of her while she was waiting for the bus on Monday morning. A 6pt and a forkie she told me. smile It's starting.

grunt grunt.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
saw three big bucks cross the field right at last light yesterday while bow hunting,probably 150 yards away.
they walked right past the stand my son was supposed to be in, but had better things to do.
went out again this morning,didnt see any,but the goose hunters were sure busy on the neighbors place.
also saw the biggest flock of blackbirds I have ever seen.
must have taken 5 minutes to fly overhead.
no exaggeration.
hoping to try again this evening, but the wind is gusting to 25. frown

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I heard the guys open up on the geese at 7:05 this morning. Seemed awful dark yet, but I've got no idea what legal shooting time was. They cut the cornfield across the street from us this morning. I wonder how many deer dumped out of their when the combines got too close.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Legal shooting light for geese this morning was 7:08...+/- depending on longitude.

Good luck gents. Fun time of year.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Getting stoke... got 3 guns sighted in... starting to pack slowly so I don't wait until the last minute and just throw everything in...

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 2,002 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,724
Posts18,457,350
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.