-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Start a steak frying in a hot skillet... just before flipping add a huge glob of the mustard of your choice on the top side. After flipping let it cook in the mustard until cooked to your desired doneness... It won't suck.

Just did it night before last with mountain goat backstrap and made a little gravy with the pan drippings and added some goody to it. It was outstanding.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like mustard of any variety. On burgers, sandwiches, Welsh rarebit, vinegar and mustard BBQ sauce, it's all good stuff.

Dad always had a jar of Mister Mustard in the fridge. Haven't seen that brand in a while, but it was good stuff on a slice of cheddar cheese.

My mustard steak recipe-

A big hunk of top round, flank, or tritip. Slather in yellow mustard until completely covered. Place on a bed of coarse kosher salt on a large plate or cutting board and completely cover in the coarse salt.

Get a good bed of charcoal ready and place the salt covered steak directly on the coals. Cook to med-rare.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Get a good bed of charcoal ready and place the salt covered steak directly on the coals. Cook to med-rare.

I love this method and it will freak your guests out. It works especially well with flank steak.

I've had better results using lump charcoal. Less ash.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by byc

Okay let's hear it. What goes on your big boy bugger!!?? grin

Toasted bun, mayo both sides, ketchup on one side, A-1 on the other, cheese, lettuce, tomato. Done! wink

Where's the beef?!?

Heh!
It's there. I answered the gent's question of what goes on my burger. wink

I'm not an anti-mustardite. smile I just don't use it on a burger.

A dab of mustard added to the scrambled eggs when making an omelet will enhance the cheese. I don't know how, but it does.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Making a grilled ground pig burger tonight. No mustard on this one.

Bone sucking bbq sauce, Dukes, lettuce. onions and japs. Also found that a tsp or so of Dukes mixed in with the raw meat makes a really juicy burger. Might be the same with mustard.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
In 1885, the French brothers started a flour mill and spice business in Rochester, New York that made mustard
Until 1987, French�s headquarters was located at 1 Mustard Street in Rochester, New York. The company continued to have roots in the area until 1987. During its heyday, French�s was a sponsor of the local weather forecast, featuring its address prominently in television advertising. They also were a prominent sponsor of the Rochester Red Wings baseball club, often in conjunction with a local brand of hot dogs, Tobin's First Prize. The former headquarters location at 1 Mustard Street is now home to a variety of professional offices and public agencies.

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dan, they still make the 'go to' mustard here in America. Just plain work,s on about everything.

Sam......

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
French's mustard is good stuff! I can even get it here in Sweden now, and it is perfect on some things.

One dish I've had (but not yet made myself) is Canada goose cooked in mustard.

Coat a Canada goose inside and out with a thick layer of French's mustard and roast it in the oven.

Yep,that is it. I wish I had a picture -- hard to believe that crude yellow blob will taste good later, but it will!

A friend did this for me, and it was right up there with the best way to eat goose -- smoked.

The resulting road goose does not taste of mustard either.

I plan on doing this with the next goose (or duck) that I shoot.

John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After a particularly long stretch in a work camp up in Northern AB I started to lose my common sense. One thing led to another and a colleague and I stumbled upon the combination of chocolate pudding and yellow mustard. Maybe it was a lack of sleep or putting in 21x12 hour days, but it actually tasted pretty good!

1 spoonful of chocolate pudding with a small drop of yellow mustard...

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i've gotten into the habit of purchasing a commercially large container of french's yellow mustard from kroger. that way, it's dirt cheap, keeps well, and once can use it on everything.

other mustards are good too, but now i just go with the pure grated horseradish as an add-on.

dry mustard goes into the sooup pot sometimes.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Try wholegrain mustard in your saut�ed onions !

Soften onions I butter & a dash of olive oil, add a good dash of balsamic vinegar & 1 - 2 tablespoons of good seeded mustard !

Continue to cook down to how you like them !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Try wholegrain mustard in your saut�ed onions !

Soften onions I butter & a dash of olive oil, add a good dash of balsamic vinegar & 1 - 2 tablespoons of good seeded mustard !

Continue to cook down to how you like them !

Interesting...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 3,017 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.