Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
was LSU's best friend tonight! Tigers stick Ole Miss with their first loss this season! Wallace threw interception at last 4 seconds to give the Tigers a win!! grin grin

Without any doubts...this was the best defensive effort I've seen LSU put up in a loooonnnnngggg time!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That did suck. I was hoping to see somebody new in the hunt for a national championship....even if they are a SEC team. Hopefully Miss St can stick it out.....but I doubt it.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
and just before kick off, the announcer said Wallace had not thrown a pick in a conference game all season. Damn.

Sam......

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

LSU!

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happy for Les Miles

hopefully knocking off a top team took his mind off losing his mom for a bit.

from what I hear as whacky as he his, the kids love playing for him

and sports are such a game of emotion and momentum, I could see those kids rallying around their coach to give him this gift

congrats to LSU on a great win,

now someone needs to knock off Fl. St. and make this gig interesting

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Looked like the LSU defenses of years past didn't it? Miles is a weird dude.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Happy for Les Miles

hopefully knocking off a top team took his mind off losing his mom for a bit.

from what I hear as whacky as he his, the kids love playing for him

and sports are such a game of emotion and momentum, I could see those kids rallying around their coach to give him this gift

congrats to LSU on a great win,

now someone needs to knock off Fl. St. and make this gig interesting

I didn't realize that Coach Miles had lost his Mother. I am sorry to hear that.

Definitely a big win for LSU.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think that they said that he learned of one kid breaking an ankle playing football while he was at the game of another kid, and then learned that his Mother passed away. Also, I have flipped over the check out the Bama-Tenn. game and when I flipped back they were talking about Bo head butting somebody. What is the scoop on that? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Don't know, friend. I didn't get to watch much football yesterday and I didn't even hear how the game went yesterday.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Looked like the LSU defenses of years past didn't it? Miles is a weird dude.

You can say that again. Did you see his post-game interview on the field? Weirdo.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bo Wallace appears to be a complete azzhole going off of what his visible demeanor was during this game and frankly....I'm glad THE TIGER fed him humble pie! There are two well known axioms of war and sports aka "Don't make the mistake of under estimating the ability of your opponent!" Just possibly Bo is contemplating this fact today!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I agree Bo looks to be a jerk, but that late interception is not on him. The coach had just blown the chance for a reasonable field goal with a delay of game. Frankly, it was a pass for the win or nothing. The defense aloud LSU to run all over them. If it had not been for 1st half turnovers, the game would not have been that close. A top defense does not allow a team to march down the field 90 yards doing nothing but run the ball until that 3 yd touchdown pass. Glad LSU won, as it makes it interesting.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The coach had just blown the chance for a reasonable field goal with a delay of game. Frankly, it was a pass for the win or nothing.

BS. LSU still had to snap the ball to run out the clock. A short sideline pass or throw away would give them another chance. As I recall it was just third down. Making a bad pass is never the best idea. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KYFRED
I agree Bo looks to be a jerk, but that late interception is not on him. The coach had just blown the chance for a reasonable field goal with a delay of game. Frankly, it was a pass for the win or nothing. The defense aloud LSU to run all over them. If it had not been for 1st half turnovers, the game would not have been that close. A top defense does not allow a team to march down the field 90 yards doing nothing but run the ball until that 3 yd touchdown pass. Glad LSU won, as it makes it interesting.

I kindly must disagree. I'm of the camp that Freeze intended to pick up 8-10 yards and zip out of bounds on the edge or have an incompletion to stop the clock. I find it hard to believe with a talented young PK, that Freeze intended to try to score on Bo's interception. I think it's on Bo. But this much I'm sure of...right this second, Bo Wallace has a pacifier in his mouth, holding a blanket, in a play pen, watching Barney. Dude's a child on the ball field. Freeze on the other hand...seems to be a class act.

Last edited by MShuntfish; 10/26/14.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
4 receivers were in the pattern. 2 went across the middle of the field and one stopped at the sticks. he really had two options. Not saying it was not a bad pass and Bo is a buffoon, but they should have ridden the leg of the kicker. That being said, I also believe that based on their play, Miss should have never been in that game. LSU ran all over them. Miss is a better team this year, but they just got beat.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know what Bo's deal was last night. He definitely let his teammates and the fans down. Not because they lost but because of the way he handled himself.

*I'm sure the tiger faithful were just offering words of encouragement* but he has to handle that better. The headbutt didn't bother me. It was a love tap followed by an NBA quality flop. Also, I can't say I've seen him like that in any other game I've watched this year but he sure showed his azz last night.

As far as criticism of OM's defense...give me a break. They were on the field ALL night, only allowed 10pts and created 4 turnovers. And if not for a dropped pick-6, folks would be talking about how LSU came up a little short in their bid for an upset. They simply got zero help from the offense.

I'm fine with a throw there at the end. Probably should have just taken a shot the first time on 3rd down instead of getting the FG unit out there late. Bo made the wrong decision, game over.

What about guns?When do we get guns?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 71 invisible), 2,946 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.