Print Thread
Hop To
T
tcp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
As part of reclaiming some $ for a project, I have an all original Model 70 featherweight stock from a mid 50s gun I would like to sell.

The stock is unaltered, no cracks or dents or scratches. The finish is dry looking and the checkering is somewhat worn.

I am happy to send pictures to any that are interested, PM me with an email address.

Asking $450 shipped

(moderators feel free to move this to the classifieds, but I posted here as it seemed that it would be of most interest to the Winchester fans)

If you can't be a good example, may you at least serve as a dreadful warning
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Todd, can you send me some pics. I can post them here for you. Also, what form of pmt. do you like? Thanks..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Todd, if you don't get any interest, you may want to list this stock on ebay.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
T
tcp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
BSA, thank you for posting the pictures.

The stock looks a little better in person than the above photos, but is certainly no peach. It is all original, unbroken, no deep dents or scratches.

I would like to sell it here to someone who wants to make their gun "factory", I would consider trades of a high quality synthetic stock, or pretty wood blank.

I have never used ebay and hope never to have to learn. PM me with any interest, thanks.

Last edited by tcp; 10/31/14.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Is the buttplate plastic, not aluminum?

IC B2

T
tcp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Plastic buttplate, thanks.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Todd, you are a great guy but honestly you need to list this on ebay or be prepared to come down a long way on your price. Generally a stock in the condition yours is in will not be worth as much money as a primo original condition stock. I'll give an honest example or 2 of what I've sold and what I have on the shelf:

This stock sold for $400.00 shipped, but was in excellent condition:

[Linked Image]
The buyer was extremely happy with it as his stock was broken and this one made his rifle "look new again", according to him.

Here is my 1956 30-06 fwt. Original finish on wood, original aluminum butt plate etc. etc.:

[Linked Image]

I've seen stocks in this condition sell for $400.00 on ebay and the likes.
[Linked Image]

Just as an FYI, the later stocks with the plastic butt plates don't demand the premiums the older aluminum butt plate stocks do.

Sometimes auction sites like ebay or gunbroker will be the best place to list items like this. Hopefully this helps, both the potential buyer and you Todd.

Regards.

BSA MAGA
T
tcp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks BSA, good to know. I did list in the classifieds here for $350 plus shipping If this is still unrealistic I will lower it some. I had hoped to avoid eBay as I have no expirience with it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Jeez,...thats good news.

I recently bought one in very nice shape with aluminium butt plate for $300 and thought I paid top price.

While we are on the topic...anyone want a cloverleaf stock with steel butt plate?, rough but restorable

"after the bullet leaves the barrel it doesn't care what headstamp was on the case"
"The 221 Fireball is what the Hornet could have been had it stayed in school"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
winpoor may need one..

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,224 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,209
Posts18,466,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.