Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#9290514 10/28/14
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
it's that time of year and all the mice are coming in, has anybody used those plug in things that supposedly chase them away?
I have a minefield of traps where I think they are coming in but have caught one yet. My oldest boy (2 1/2 years) keeps seeing them in his room at night, I think they might be climbing on him and scaring him, but his new favorite word is Mouse pronounce "Mou"

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've got a cat you can have if you can catch him!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had one in every room of an old ranch house we only used occasionally. If it ever kept them at bay, you couldn't prove it by me. They were as thick before as after.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

A Sharps or 6.5X55 will work, but they do over penetrate...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
sticky traps work well and I didn't say this, but I spray diesel all around and under my camp in the swamp and that keeps almost everything away.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Never tried the plug-in gizmos.
I get 2-3 mice every winter.
What works for me is the original mouse trap and recently glue boards......bait them with peanut butter.
Mice love edges so place the traps near the baseboard. With glue boards i trim off most of a non-sticky edge and then tape down the rest of the glueboard (wood floors).
I watched a mouse zip and tippy toe along a 3/4" non-glue edge one time to avoid the glue.....so i trimmed off one side and got the little pith'n bass-turds.

Last edited by chapped_lips; 10/28/14.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Paprika and steel wool shoved in all holes to outside.

Those on the inside get the rolling beer can covered in peanut butter over a bucket of water or antifreeze treatment.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Take a 5 gal pails with lid drill a 1" hole about 1" from bottom in the side. Get some Tom Cat mice pellets and put about 8-10 inside. Put on the top and place around the out side of the building. Put something heavy on to keep the wind from moving. The mice find a dry place with food and do the rest for you. We run 6 of them up at the deer camp and have cut why down on the mice. Plus the dogs can not get at the poison . Hope this helps. Clint

just for Fun
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No experience with the electronic gizmos, but I'm considering trying them out this winter in our camper. Never had a mouse problem in it before, but we found evidence of an infiltration over the weekend and I've caught 2 of the little bastids so far.

I bought a couple cans of Great Stuff spray foam with a bittering agent that is supposed to be vermin resistant and sealed up every conceivable hole in and under that camper.

Good luck with your mouse problem, WyoCowboy. I'll be following this thread to see what the consensus is on the electronic repellers.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by clintsfolly
Take a 5 gal pails with lid drill a 1" hole about 1" from bottom in the side. Get some Tom Cat mice pellets and put about 8-10 inside. Put on the top and place around the out side of the building. Put something heavy on to keep the wind from moving. The mice find a dry place with food and do the rest for you. We run 6 of them up at the deer camp and have cut why down on the mice. Plus the dogs can not get at the poison . Hope this helps. Clint

That's a trick I haven't heard of before, Clint. Might have to try that in my barn this winter to keep the mouse numbers down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got home after being gone for eight days and found they had moved in, got little mouse turds on my computer desk. Guess it's time for a trip to Ace hardware for some anti mouse supplies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
I got home after being gone for eight days and found they had moved in, got little mouse turds on my computer desk. Guess it's time for a trip to Ace hardware for some anti mouse supplies.

Hit 'em hard and give no quarter to the little bastids!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm at war with the mice up here this year. suns a bishes are getting into all my old cars and trucks, I spent all day last weekend un-stanking my 77 f150. My old plow truck has em bad, I will start evicting and un-stanking that rig this week.

For the first time since we built our deer camp cabin in 2007, I saw some mouse turds in there a couple weeks ago. I've got sticky traps out there right now, I'll have to check them later this week.

I work on classic cars/trucks for a living now, and the mice are almost always in these cars when they show up at my place. I have a 69 mach 1 coming to the shop this week. First thing I will do is toss 2 or 3 sticky traps inside the car.

Headliners.... dear lord, thats mouse piss heaven right there, they love it up in the roof of an old car.

Pulled the old headliner out of a 64 Galaxie a little while back.... terrible.

I hate mice.

Something clever here.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave

I hate mice.

I haven't found one in the house, or the truck, since we got the Terminator.

RVB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you're going to use peanut butter...use Crunchy. I find smooth is too easy for the mice to eat without tripping the wire of death. The best bait I've found so far for the old school traps is a bit of Tootsie Roll.

Chew on it for a minute or two to soften it, and apply. It sticks well and the mice love it.

RVB #9290924 10/28/14
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had tried the electronic plugin's at my camp and I really can't say they work, I saw no difference, but what I posted earlier works along with the glue boards.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
RWE #9290926 10/28/14
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by RWE

I hate mice.

terminator?

I dug a nest and a mouse out of the heater box on our buick lucerne. The boy had one run across his foot while driving his firebird, as did the daughter in her jeep.....

We are seriously at war with the meece this year.

Flies too.

I bombed my shop last night with fly foggers, swept up a huge metal dust pan fulla dad flies this morning. grin

I'm winning the fly war, not sure about the meece war.

Something clever here.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

I hate mice.

terminator?

[Linked Image]

RVB #9290970 10/28/14
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RVB
If you're going to use peanut butter...use Crunchy. I find smooth is too easy for the mice to eat without tripping the wire of death. The best bait I've found so far for the old school traps is a bit of Tootsie Roll.

Chew on it for a minute or two to soften it, and apply. It sticks well and the mice love it.

And I put a little peanut butter on the bottom side of the trigger, it's death on those with a light touch.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,311
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.