Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Saturday is opening day of muzzleloader.

Normally, I'm not worth a sloppy noodle in the sack for a couple of days before season, but damn it feels worse this year.

Impulse buying the tiller, and mind numbing fence installation isn't helping, let alone my actual paying job.

It's getting to the point I'm going to have to take a week off before season, just because I'm pretty well "Hind Tit on Boar" at this juncture.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Some people never grow up.

I am one too. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That happens when your neck starts to swell... laugh

Be glad you still have that anticipation!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have decided that in the future, I will hunt out of the area in a camp. So I can spend the week prior to season traveling and camping.

Of course, that means that I won't be worth a damn for the week before I travel.

I need to just quit everything and hunt all the time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The luster would fade if you hunted for a living... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ours opens up here in Virginia this saturday as well. Oddly, it hasn't hit me yet.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're cracking me up.

Last week I cleaned out and tilled both garden plots, installed new fencing, and today I'm finishing the cyclone wire gate on the new dog kennel.

One thing though. I saved all of this work until after I went ML hunting. It takes me weeks to prepare for a hunt. grin

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Ours opens up here in Virginia this saturday as well. Oddly, it hasn't hit me yet.

check your pulse

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You think you got it bad? I gotta go to Boone for some father / daughter sorority tailgate bullsh!t function on Saturday. This one is about to wreck the marriage.

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
You think you got it bad? I gotta go to Boone for some father / daughter sorority tailgate bullsh!t function on Saturday. This one is about to wreck the marriage.

My condolences, man.

App State - you might as well get tanked.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's a big reason I went back to full time retirement. All I want to do come November 8 is hunt, eat, sleep, watch a little football and do it over again.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

check your pulse

That, and your nut sack.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

You should have enlightened them about a condition called buck fever.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There's have to be some sorority sister tail involved, my choice of a trio, to make that one worth it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

You aren't showering this week so you'll fit in I hope.

FJB & FJT
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

You aren't showering this week so you'll fit in I hope.

And he's not shaving his vagina.

FWIW.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by RWE

check your pulse

That, and your nut sack.

Nut sack is fine albeit a tad tired. wink Wife hunts too so maybe she is rutting......

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Don't ya wish you had Sundays to hunt like we do!!! grin

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I Painted the den and visted both kids in college the last few weekends. I told the wife the rut only comes once a year and over the next three weeks she will be a sorry sack if she tries to make plans on any Saturday so there will be no misunderstandings about what I want to be doing the next three weekends. I'm getting stoked about bowhunting.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's a big reason I went back to full time retirement. All I want to do come November 8 is hunt, eat, sleep, watch a little football and do it over again.

My wife refers to the time between 11/1 and 1/1 as the prelude to "missing and presumed dead".

If it weren't for the freezer becoming magically full, and occasional snoring, she'd apparently forget I was even here.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.