Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Social media says she is gone.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She makes a very good point. It is not the same as suicide, she wants to live, but she is dying already. What she has done is to end her own suffering. I admire her a lot, that could have have been an easy choice, but there is something to be said about going out on your own terms.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 4ager
Not a coward. A quitter.

Explain how she is quitting when there are no effective treatments and she has terminal cancer. She is going to die very soon. Either she will go on her own terms, peacefully, or she will die a much slower, agonizing death. Either way, she's going to die very soon; there's no "quitting" involved.

At least die trying.

How about the guy who refuses treatment as to not saddle his family in thousands in medical bills when there is no chance for survival...a quitter?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lt, I know you have dogs. I'm sure you've had one or two that have come down with something that's terminal. What do you do with them? Do you let whatever it is take them in it's full due course, or do you put them down at some point?

That's completely different. If this womans family wants her dead, then they need to kill her.

They essentially are putting her down, or allowing her to be put down.

It's not different at all. It's about the choice as to whether to allow a life that you care about to end through pain and suffering, or to end that life when the pain and suffering is avoidable but the soon-to-happen death is not. We put our pets down out of compassion, because we don't want them to suffer. Yet, we call our own "cowards" when they are facing the same fate as those pets and want the same compassionate end we offer/give the pets.

There is no difference in the compassion, but there is in OUR acceptance of it.

I have no problem with them killing her if that's what they want to do.

So you would rather saddle somebody with that burden, that guilt, rather than handle it yourself?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Barkoff
She makes a very good point. It is not the same as suicide, she wants to live, but she is dying already. What she has done is to end her own suffering. I admire her a lot, that could have have been an easy choice, but there is something to be said about going out on your own terms.

This^^*

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
My final post on this subject.

I have been intimately familiar with many suicides. In every case, the "victim" believed they were doing the right thing. In no case, did it ever help a survivor.

Apples; oranges.

Only in your opinion 4 ager. The young lady is going to end her life, is that not suicide? She's going to do it early.
Death by taking pills to end your life, what's that?

Well, suicide is somebody wanting to die, she wants to live, but it is hopeless. Her decision is not one to end her life as much as ending her physical pain, I can draw a distinction between the two.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I'm not judging her heart; God will do that. It's very sad situation and I can empathize with her plight and even understand her decision if she is not a Christian which I expect she is not.

What unbelievers fail to grasp (and even many Christians), is that in the context of Biblical teaching, this life will be difficult; and that God allows these devastating trials and tribulations for our good, for our sanctification - refinement by fire so to speak.

I believe God allows special grace and peace to those who believe and trust in Him fully while in the deepest of valleys, particularly imminent death. How else can one explain second century saints singing hymns while being burned at the stake, or calmly being mauled to death by wild beasts in the Roman coliseums.

Lastly, taking ones life, God-given, purposely is suicide regardless of the semantics the law tags it with and the circumstances involved. Suicide is self-murder, Which I believe is morally wrong and a sin. Not an unforgivable sin but a sin nevertheless.

Furthermore, assuming she is an unbeliever, this life is all there is before an eternity of judgement. And she at her young age is intent on giving up days, or weeks (?) of her very short life wherein she might find the God who is ever ready to answer and grant her that peace, grace, and very much more.

+100

A.) We don't know her heart.

B.) Semantics do matter...

John 15

12�This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. 13�Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

Much of her decision was based in sparing her family the tragedy she was facing.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
She is gone. RIP now......

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Another way to look at it. She was terminal, no hope of a cure. If she had chosen to fight it to the end, she would have left her family with HUGE medical bills. I know it seems crass to put a price tag on death, but there's no doubt that our American way of death is horribly expensive. Staying hopelessly alive for months can add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars for the family to have to pay. Some people just don't want to saddle their loved ones with that burden when there's no hope.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 700LH
She will change her mind.

Sure got that one right.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Social media says she is gone.

evidently she lived and died by social media. Sad.

Sam......

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Terminal brain cancer that was going to leave her screaming in agony when she wasn't in convulsions.

It wasn't social media that killed her.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 32 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,430
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.