Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stranger things have happened.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I hear Christmas is in December this year.

I used to have some respect for your opinions but after seeing your comments here I've decided you must be one mean spirited s.o.b.

I lost my mother to a brain tumour and have a lot of sympathy for this young woman.

I may be an agnostic but I think I have more empathy than you will ever have.

Hope you have a nice day.

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not a coward. A quitter.

That reminds me of something that my Mother said one day while I was taking her for cancer treatments. First She said that She was sorry for putting us through all of the trouble to take Her, and I reassured Her that it was a lot harder for Her than it was for us. Then She said "I don't think they are doing a bit of good, but if I don't go, I am just giving up." She fought it to the end, and I was there with Her. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a coward. A quitter.

Taint nothing wrong with choosing your fate when the inevitable is upon you.

I lost my mom as well as my 44 y/o best friend to terminal cancers and would have given anything for them to able to decide when they go vs. the weeks/months of suffering and agony.

And to have them coherent, with all of the people that love them around them seems a hell of a lot more peaceful and dignified.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a coward. A quitter.

Explain how she is quitting when there are no effective treatments and she has terminal cancer. She is going to die very soon. Either she will go on her own terms, peacefully, or she will die a much slower, agonizing death. Either way, she's going to die very soon; there's no "quitting" involved.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Life is a bitch and death is a [bleep].

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right? Suicide is the most selfish act in the world.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Not a coward. A quitter.

Explain how she is quitting when there are no effective treatments and she has terminal cancer. She is going to die very soon. Either she will go on her own terms, peacefully, or she will die a much slower, agonizing death. Either way, she's going to die very soon; there's no "quitting" involved.

At least die trying.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
Not a coward. A quitter.

That reminds me of something that my Mother said one day while I was taking her for cancer treatments. First She said that She was sorry for putting us through all of the trouble to take Her, and I reassured Her that it was a lot harder for Her than it was for us. Then She said "I don't think they are doing a bit of good, but if I don't go, I am just giving up." She fought it to the end, and I was there with Her. miles

By the same fiber that has me respect the choice and privacy of the young woman in question, I also respect the choices and courage of those that stand and fight this terrible disease. It is a choice made by them. I respect and honor their right to make those choices for themselves and their families.

It may be a bit surprising to some that judge others for their choices until they have stared down the very barrel of the cruel executioner that is cancer, or some other horrible, terminal disease. Please get back to us when you see the lands and groves. Let us know if your mind has changed.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My dad died of pancreatic cancer. I wouldn't wish it on ISIS.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right? Suicide is the most selfish act in the world.

She has terminal cancer. She is going to die, very soon.

In general, I agree with you that suicide is the most selfish act in the world. In this case and those like it, I don't consider it suicide.

We watched my grandfather, one of the best people I've ever known, wither away under a terminal illness (one with no treatments and no cure). It eventually killed him, after it had taken his mind first, then every one of his bodily functions, finally taking him when he could no longer swallow and his involuntary muscle controls ceased to function.

I'd have ended his suffering (he didn't even know who any of us were, and eventually couldn't even see or acknowledge us), if I could have. We had to just sit there and watch him suffer.

This young lady is only avoiding a few weeks, at most, of terrible pain and agony for herself and her family. She's not doing it out of selfishness for herself, but love for her family. Their last memories of her will be of her as she has always been to them, and not some miserable, pain-wracked, wasted-away shell of a human.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a coward. A quitter.

At least die trying.

Trying what? There is no treatment, no cure; only a helluva lot of pain, suffering, and wasting away - a lot of grief and agony for her family as well. What is she not "trying"?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, tomorrow is her husband's birthday. She wants to be there for that. Why not Christmas? It's only a few months more.

I don't think you guys understand me at all. I'm no stranger to cancer, nor suicide. I will never defend either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You only get to die once. I guess I figure you ought to do it the way you see fit. Personally, I hope to go with a hot blonde riding me like a rented mule in my 90's. Barring that, I hope that I have the will to go like a man and not give up or give in until it's all over. She has the misfortune of being in this position and I'll defer to her personal choice as being right for her.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Trying what? There is no treatment, no cure; only a helluva lot of pain, suffering, and wasting away - a lot of grief and agony for her family as well. What is she not "trying"?

Trying to stay alive. If she's doing everybody such a big favor, why not get it over with?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, tomorrow is her husband's birthday. She wants to be there for that. Why not Christmas? It's only a few months more.

I don't think you guys understand me at all. I'm no stranger to cancer, nor suicide. I will never defend either.

On her husband's birthday, she's still "her". By Christmas, if she's still here, if you have any idea about terminal cancer at this stage, you know what she'll be. There's a huge difference.

I just don't see this as suicide, any more so than I see someone else sacrificing their own life to save the life/pain/suffering of their family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
By the same fiber that has me respect the choice and privacy of the young woman in question, I also respect the choices and courage of those that stand and fight this terrible disease. It is a choice made by them. I respect and honor their right to make those choices for themselves and their families.
It may be a bit surprising to some that judge others for their choices until they have stared down the very barrel of the cruel executioner that is cancer, or some other horrible, terminal disease. Please get back to us when you see the lands and groves. Let us know if your mind has changed.

You're 'battin' a thousand' this morning on this issue. Your reasoning is sound, your empathy is noted, and your use of the English language to express it is top-notch. Kudos.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lt, I know you have dogs. I'm sure you've had one or two that have come down with something that's terminal. What do you do with them? Do you let whatever it is take them in it's full due course, or do you put them down at some point?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a coward. A quitter.

At least die trying.

The funny thing is, there isn't a month that goes by here that someone doesn't post a mourning of putting their dog down because they didn't want it to suffer any longer.

So pets shouldn't anguish but people should?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ranger1
You only get to die once. I guess I figure you ought to do it the way you see fit. Personally, I hope to go with a hot blonde riding me like a rented mule in my 90's. Barring that, I hope that I have the will to go like a man and not give up or give in until it's all over. She has the misfortune of being in this position and I'll defer to her personal choice as being right for her.

I couldn't agree more, but to make suicide out as an act of valor won't fly with me. We're all gonna die. Those that think they need to kill themselves because life is gonna might tough need to just go ahead and do it.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

275 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 25 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 907 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,321
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.