Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
the evangelical branch converted back to Democrats?

I have my opinions which you can probably guess but I'm interested to hear others.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The Republican Party was started by Evangelical Progressives and would implode without em.

And I'm not one, nor do I have much use for em.

Sure would be good for the REAL Conservative parties out there though.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It began as a coalition of anti-slavery "Conscience Whigs" and Free Soil Democrats opposed to the Kansas-Nebraska Act, submitted to Congress by Stephen Douglas in January 1854. The Act opened Kansas Territory and Nebraska Territory to slavery and future admission as slave states, thus implicitly repealing the prohibition on slavery in territory north of 36� 30′ latitude, which had been part of the Missouri Compromise. This change was viewed by Free-Soil and Abolitionist Northerners as an aggressive, expansionist maneuver by the slave-owning South.

The Act was supported by all Southerners and by Northern "Doughface" (pro-Southern) Democrats, and by still other northern Democrats persuaded by Douglas' doctrine of "popular sovereignty". In the North the old Whig party was almost defunct. The opponents were intensely motivated and began forming a new party.[1]

The new party went well beyond the issue of slavery in the territories. It envisioned modernizing the United States � emphasizing giving free western land to farmers ("free soil") as opposed to letting slave owners buy up the best lands, expanded banking, more railroads, and factories. They vigorously argued that free-market labor was superior to slavery and the very foundation of civic virtue and true republicanism � this is the "Free Soil, Free Labor, Free Men" ideology.[1]

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
You guys should kick us out at then next stop! No worries here!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, since they historically make up 20%-23% of the electorate, roughly 25-30 million votes, it would eternally kill the Republican party.

America would be perpetually under Democrat rule.

The Founders were big fans of them. See my signature...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
you should consider what you gain as well though.

For example - single women voters represent 25% of the electorate and reproductive rights are the #1 voting motivation for them to turn out to the polls. Even if you don't think you'd get the single women vote, historically the only time this group turns out to vote in large numbers is when they think pro-choice is threatened.

17% of the overall electorate describe themselves as socially moderate and fiscally conservative and 60% of independents say they are not aligned with a party because they agree with the Republicans on some things, such as the economy and national security, and with the Democrats on social issues.

food for thought

Last edited by KFWA; 10/30/14.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What would the Republican party look like if....the Tea Party pulls out...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
What would the Republican party look like if....the Tea Party pulls out...

what it looked like when McCain /Palin got their ass handed to them?

Last edited by KFWA; 10/30/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You assume those groups would side with Republicans.

Democrats have done more harm to each of those causes and yet they still side with them.

Consider blacks. Democrats have enslaved and impoverished them, yet they support them with 95%+ of the vote.

Also, the female vote is split pretty evenly. Reproductive issues are NOT their #1 concern. That's a bs ruse sold by liberals.

Young, single women are somewhat concerned about that and vote Democrat. They are also very anti gun and liberal across the board. Married women vote overwhelmingly Republican and tend to understand how the world works.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I didn't say the women vote in general - I said single women, which is not a ruse by the liberals - Romney won the married vote by 7%, but he lost the single women vote by 36%.

I'm not assuming they will vote Republican, I'm assuming that many of these people that are driven to vote democratic will not be if the GOP softens their stance.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I dunno about parties & voting blocs. I'm either not smart enough, or more likely just too disinterested, to figure it out.

I just wonder what the country will look like if/when everyone starts thinking & behaving like adults, who will at least entertain the notion of responsibility.

Think of the possibilities.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

17% of the overall electorate describe themselves as socially moderate and fiscally conservative and 60% of independents say they are not aligned with a party because they agree with the Republicans on some things, such as the economy and national security, and with the Democrats on social issues.

food for thought

Independs are split as well. You provide an example of a portion of the independent vote.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't say the women vote in general - I said single women, which is not a ruse by the liberals - Romney won the married vote by 7%, but he lost the single women vote by 36%.

I'm not assuming they will vote Republican, I'm assuming that many of these people that are driven to vote democratic will not be if the GOP softens their stance.

They are driven to vote democratic because they are liberal.

They are anti gun, pro environmental, pro animal rights, and so on. Name any liberal ideal and single women are strongly behind it.

Turdlike, by default.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
but you are saying that 20-30% of the christian electorate all vote republican?

that split the vote thing works both ways

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first thing thrown out in any tyranny in history is religion.

Consider why.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep! They make up 50% of Republicans.

Would any party survive if half of its electorate switched teams?

Turdlike, by default.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure of the relevance of that.

No one is talking about doing away with religion. We're talking about changing the platform planks of a party so it can be competitive in a run for the white house.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Well, since they historically make up 20%-23% of the electorate, roughly 25-30 million votes, it would eternally kill the Republican party.

America would be perpetually under Democrat rule.

The Founders were big fans of them. See my signature...

KFWA is talking evangelical Christians NOT the traditional/conservative Christians of the Founding Fathers. Evangelical Christianity did not come into play until the very early 1800's.

However, you are right that the Republican Party would go down the tubes if the evangelical Christian left the party as evangelicals make up 50% of the party. Evangelical Christians will never leave the party as they have no where else to go.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not doing away with religion, just removing its voice in politics.

Losing 50% of your electorate to the other side would not make you remotely competitive.

You won't get anywhere near that from independents.

Turdlike, by default.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Yep! They make up 50% of Republicans.

Would any party survive if half of its electorate switched teams?

so 20-30% of the electorate makes up 50% of the GOP?

good grief, no wonder they can't win the white house. They need that % to drop noticeably.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 11 invisible), 1,778 guests, and 707 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.