Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Perhaps you're working on revolver speed reloading, but if not, I suggest you do a lot of practice using your speed loaders.

Yeah, that's already in the works. Speedloader work is a big part of my competition training, and I'm basically following that program to get ready for TR.

I like Safariland speedloaders (I've got C2's and C3's for both K- and L-frame) but have HKS's as well. I've carried both for CCW purposes, but prefer C2's to anything for such duty. C3's are unbeatable in competition, and are actually very practical for pocket CCW use as they lie straight in a vest or coat pocket.

I've also been working with Bianchi Speed Strips... slower than speedloaders, but very practical for CCW. Also loading loose rounds from the pocket, which I know Clint used to stress as a skill in this class in the past.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by bhemry
BTW, expecting pics and an extensive write-up. wink

This. Try to get one with Heidi in it too. grin

Well, it should be a bit easier to do this now, as I've just learned that fellow 24HCF member gmoats will be attending this class and has offered to act as my "official" photographer, provided I bribe him--er, I mean give him a friend-like manner--some lead-free 38 Special rounds.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by bhemry
BTW, expecting pics and an extensive write-up. wink

This. Try to get one with Heidi in it too. grin

[Linked Image]

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The man, the gun, the legend that is DocRocket!!
[Linked Image]
�.what a great guy�..having Doc in the class really made it extra nice�.not only is he a great shooter, he's a great guy. He gave us one of his powerpoint/video presentations on gunshot wounds, human anatomy and shot placement for self defense. The man's a walking encyclopedia of cool info!! Thanks Doc---I look forward to shooting with you again.
Greg

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You suck, Doc. TR is on my bucket list. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Greg, thanks for the kind words, but I shot like ess-aitch-eye-tee a bunch of times! It was a privilege shooting with you & the Colonel, as well as all the other guys in this class, I must say.

Nice pic of Heidi, BTW! I don't recall seeing that pheasant in her hair that day, but it's easy to be distracted from things like hair when Heidi's talkin'... blush

I'll get the AAR written up and posted later tonight or tomorrow morning...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prior to Mickulek, Ed McGivern did a lot of fast work with K frames. I find it interesting that guys with big hands, and I'm guessing that's you Doc, like those small guns. Bill Jordan was always such and advocate of the model 19. Skeeter was not a small guy, but he wasn't huge like Jordan and Skeeter seemed to like the N for fast work, as did Keith. Elmer was pretty small, IIRC. Well, except for his hat. Seems like Skeeter was a fan of the L frame too. I don't recall what Jordan thought of it.

Funny that Smith's are still affordable but Colt's aren't. Smith's are the pistol-of-choice at TR and Colt's aren't. Also, where are the vaunted Ruger's? lolol

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ya done good Doc! grin

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,072
Posts18,463,743
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.