Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Age and injured elbows got the better of me, just had to have something that kicks a bit less than my .40.

[Linked Image]

I blame it on Bristoe, the thread on the CT9 pushed me over the edge.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Clean and lube it properly, break it in per the manual and make sure it likes your chosen SD load and enjoy it from there.

P.S if your of the type that like tritium sights (I am), Kahr sells a set that fits the staked front sight models.

You snap the factory front off with pliers and the replacement secures with screws and locktite. The rear sight is simply knocked out left to right and the new one installed gently with hammer and delrin punch. I have over 1000rds on mine and no loosening.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have several friends who in the last five years have gone for .45s and .40s to 9mm due to health and/or loss of strength reasons. They are shooting Kahrs and compact 1911s like the Defender or Aegis.

Just buy the top end 9mm defensive ammo and you won't be loosing anything other than recoil...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If the 61 years is age and not eligibility it took me 51 years and I landed on a Kahr CW9 that has proven to be an excellent piece.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm a little different, in my 70 years hanging around this earth there are two calibers that just never got me excited and therefore never owned for hunting or personal defense.
30-06 and 9mm.
Now it's not that I don't own a 30-06 or 9mm, but the ones I do own aren't what you call sporting arms.
My hunting rifle is a 358, my carry rig is a 40 S&W
My one and only 06.
[Linked Image]
My only 9mm
[Linked Image]

Last edited by jbmi; 10/31/14.

"The older I get, the better I was"
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Word from instructors at SIG academy is that the FBI is switching back to nines.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't realize they had changed the CW designation to CT but that particular model (CW - same thing apparently) won my vote as favorite for a small carry gun. Have owned four Kahr autos - PM40, CM9, CW45 and the CW9, plus a Kel-Tec P32 and that CW9 just feels perfect in the hand, not too big and not too small. Recoil is not offensive, it points as naturally as your index finger, it's way more accurate than a lot of bigger guns and carries 8 rounds of 9mm with one up the spout.

No safeties, no DA/SA transition, smooth lines with little or nothing to snag on clothes and I particularly like that long smooth trigger pull for times when your adrenaline will be flowing and your fine motor skills go out the window. Easy peasy, just play and plug, so to speak. wink

Good choice.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
FWIW,that's a very good pistol.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes I'm sure it is. I've had a K40 for years, so when I decided to go to something a bit "less" the choice was easy. Brought home some 124 grain Gold Dot for serious business and the LGS even had some 700-X in stock for target rounds. Hope to get it broken in this weekend.

Some of it's tragic,
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Any 9mm is good as long as it is a High-Power.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
Any 9mm is good as long as it is a High-Power.

[Linked Image]

Trolling for the wrath of BFRshooter? wink

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I used to think the magazine in my Kahr P-9 popping out under recoil was due to my inadvertently contacting the magazine release. But since I shot it for the first several years without that ever happening, and considering the frequency with which it's happening now, I'm beginning to think that instead something has worn out in the mag release mechanism and needs replacing. Maybe the spring. Maybe the part that fits into the magazine slot to lock it in has worn out and rounded. Don't know, but now I hardly have a range session with it when it doesn't pop out under recoil at least once, and for the first four or so thousand rounds it didn't happen even once.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Holy Smokes! I just looked at it (using a powerful flashlight) from the mag well (saw nothing unusual from there) and from the locked open action. From the top, with the action locked open, you can clearly see extensive wear on that frame-mounted sliding shelf that locks into the magazine slot. That's got to be why this is happening.

That's actually good news, because I used to be a huge fan of this gun, and stopped carrying it regularly when the mag slippage problem started happening too frequently a couple of years ago. Now I just need to send it in for repair and I'll have old reliable back. Never once have I had a failure to fire of any type (other than from the mag popping out) since day one with that P-9.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Looks like a $12 fix, if, that is, they don't replace it for free.

http://www.kahr.com/Pistol-Parts/Kahr-017P9-Magazie-Catch.asp

Some of it's tragic,
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Looks like a $12 fix, if, that is, they don't replace it for free.

http://www.kahr.com/Pistol-Parts/Kahr-017P9-Magazie-Catch.asp
The last small part breakage on that gun they fixed for free, but I've had it now for about fifteen years, so it's likely out of warranty. Would be cool if they did it for free, though.

Thanks for the link. Such an easy fix, maybe I'll just get a local gunsmith to do it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

607 members (10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 63 invisible), 2,198 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,724
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.