Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
About 2 months ago, I bought a 700 Mountain Rifle LSS stock with a cheesy aftermarket recoil pad, so I called Remington to order a new factory pad. Boy, did the adventure begin! 1st off, they tried telling me that the correct pad was one of the new Supercell pads, even though the Mountain Rifle LSS stocks use the thin Old English style pads. They assured me that the Supercell was the right one, so I went ahead and paid for it. A week later, I get an email that it was shipped. 2 weeks later, still no recoil pad. I called them up, and was told "Sorry, it must have gotten lost in the mail, we'll send you another one." 4 or 5 days later, I get an email that that one had been shipped. 2 weeks later, still no recoil pad. I called them up AGAIN, and discovered that they were shipping them to the wrong address. They said, "We're so sorry, we'll send another out to you". 3 days later, I get the shipped email. About 10 days later, I get a recoil pad SCREW in the mail. I was kinda nasty when I called them that time, only to find out that the pad THEY think I need is on backorder, with no projected restock date. I asked THIS guy if they had any of the LSS thin pads in stock, and was told yes. I asked if he'd send me one of those, and he said yes. I'm pretty sure it's the one I need, anyway, but if not, I'll have a Pachmayr fitted to it. So, anyway, here it is 2 months AFTER I paid them for a simple recoil pad, and have still NOT received it. WTF?

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently, the move to North Carolina erased what little institutional memory still existed in Ilion...

Last edited by mudhen; 10/30/14.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and then there's Smith & Wesson, who bought Thompson Center, then closed the TC custom shop and wants nothing to do with any Contender repairs

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Remingtons suck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lilderrick
Remingtons suck.

AHA!!!!!! We just came full circle laugh

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
TFF

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by badger
Remingtons suck.

AHA!!!!!! We just came full circle laugh

Wow. 2003 just called. Wants its topic back..... (grin)

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NEW Remingtons suck.

Like most guys here, I have more than my fair share of rifles and shotguns. Including 2 Remingtons
I have been shooting for 25+ years. A Rem 870 12ga and Rem 700 30-06. Never had one problem with either one.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remingtons suck.

They shoot pretty good too, unlike my last (and I do mean last) Winchester.

At least Remington doesn't forget to finish machining the bolt and they put the barrels on straight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
About 2 months ago, I bought a 700 Mountain Rifle LSS stock with a cheesy aftermarket recoil pad, so I called Remington to order a new factory pad. Boy, did the adventure begin! 1st off, they tried telling me that the correct pad was one of the new Supercell pads, even though the Mountain Rifle LSS stocks use the thin Old English style pads. They assured me that the Supercell was the right one, so I went ahead and paid for it. A week later, I get an email that it was shipped. 2 weeks later, still no recoil pad. I called them up, and was told "Sorry, it must have gotten lost in the mail, we'll send you another one." 4 or 5 days later, I get an email that that one had been shipped. 2 weeks later, still no recoil pad. I called them up AGAIN, and discovered that they were shipping them to the wrong address. They said, "We're so sorry, we'll send another out to you". 3 days later, I get the shipped email. About 10 days later, I get a recoil pad SCREW in the mail. I was kinda nasty when I called them that time, only to find out that the pad THEY think I need is on backorder, with no projected restock date. I asked THIS guy if they had any of the LSS thin pads in stock, and was told yes. I asked if he'd send me one of those, and he said yes. I'm pretty sure it's the one I need, anyway, but if not, I'll have a Pachmayr fitted to it. So, anyway, here it is 2 months AFTER I paid them for a simple recoil pad, and have still NOT received it. WTF?

All Sucks jokes aside, that is crappy and inept service. Shame when you know the product better than they do....

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is a shame to see a great company slide so far downhill.

I had reason to use their customer service to fix a rifle I had screwed up back in the early 80's and they were reasonably fast, did the work well and charged me a fair amount. Bought a left hand FS stock from their parts dept. in the late 90's, turns out the guy I talked to lived about four houses down from me from when I used to live near Ilion so he gave me a greatly discounted price on it.

Bought a LH M700 in the early 2000's and it was a total f-up in fit and finish. Sent it back with a nice letter pointing out the numerous things wrong, they exchanged it for an entirely new rifle which is excellent in every way and as it turns out is one of the most accurate out of the box M700's I've ever owned.

Not any more.

They used to rebarrel their rifles to the same caliber for a very reasonable fee but last time I called they wouldn't even do that, you had to buy a new barreled action. I've called inquiring about a couple of other things in the last few years and it sounds like the person I'm talking to doesn't know a barrel from a hole in the ground.

It is a shame.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's a reason why custom shops have long back orders.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
a lot of drama over a simple recoil pad. I"d NEVER go to a factory for that when Pachmyr sells hundreds or more every day....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I called them because I like the factory pad, the price was reasonable, and I figured it would screw right on with little or no fitting.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Had an issue with some of their 12ga Accupoint slugs, lady had me send them in, then they lost them - sorry! Sent a letter to their CEO at the time explaining the issue, got a call from their customer service manager with an apology and they sent me a check for $50. Whenever you have an issue I just keep moving up the ladder until you get results.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I called them because I like the factory pad, the price was reasonable, and I figured it would screw right on with little or no fitting.

I'd have sold you that recoil pad for even less, if I never had to ship it to you.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Just got the "order has been shipped" email today, exactly a week later......... crazy

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
you should see it in a month or so. or not.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
try getting a remlin fixed. I think they have a affirmative action section staffed by apes. bad enough they ship brand new remlins that have enough space between the action and the stock to store a sandwich but the cracked receivers on some 95's is criminal.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had issues with Remington too and I will never own another one. Never. Ever.

Deus Juvat

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,490
Posts18,452,094
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.