Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Bambistew
Some good information in that article.

For those that don't understand how FWP manages elk, here's a link to the Elk Management Plan.

http://fwp.mt.gov/fishAndWildlife/management/elk/

Politics (aka landowner "social" tolerances) have a whole lot more to do with population control than wolves ever will... Something like 85 of hunting districts in MT are at or over objective population wise according the plan. Many areas have population numbers based on what landowners are willing to tolerate and nothing to do with carrying capacity.

Varmint Guy will be along shortly to throw a temper tantrum at you via an exclamation point filled rant.........

Casey

Yeah, those land owners in Yellowstone are the reason the elk pop has dropped from 18,000 to less than 2,000. frown

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
WGAF. wolves need to be shot on sight every time all of the time

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by davidlea
When coyotes first started showing up here the deer hunters were worried about the potential predation on the deer herd. Our game managers released an article that said coyotes eat a large variety of foods and deer almost didn't factor in to their diet. The big question was, if this was true, how come every scat pile from a coyote that you ever see here is made up of mostly deer hair. The earlier story has since been changed but it took 30 years.... grin grin

Interesting, around here I've rarely seen deer hair in yote scat. But when we get around to seeing too many or ones close to teh house we shoot a few.

But my fawn survival here at the house has been close to 100%, at least whats generally lost is by vehicles typically. Loose one maybe every few years to unknown... IE not on the highway and just goes away...

I suspect that various regions will have similar results also. IE they will eat what they have to, to survive.

From what I read on wolves, tehy are a bit more efficient to say the least.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.