Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
And breaks all protocol in announcing the investigation! And doing it several days ahead of the election...

This one is going to backfire on the administration. South Dakota did their own investigation into this and closed it with no charges being filed over a year ago. There is NO justification for the FBI to publicly announce an investigation today except to torpedo his election - obviously at the orders of the DOJ (FBI works for the DOJ).

The libs are getting seriously desperate and are terrified of losing the Senate.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/1...p-senate-candidate-days-before-election/

National Review Online is reporting that the FBI (a wholly-owned subsidiary of the DOJ) has made the highly unusual decision to disclose their investigation into Mike Rounds (pictured above), a Republican Senate candidate in South Dakota, less than a week before next Tuesday�s vote.

The alleged misconduct being investigated is somewhat obscure�something involving a work visa program in the state�but it is notable that the alleged misconduct was to have occurred three years ago, and the FBI�s announcement comes a year after the state�s own attorney general closed its own investigation without bringing any charges.

The concern, of course, is that the FBI announcement was timed to influence Rounds� prospects in next week�s voting. When asked for more detail, the FBI replied that the agent in charge of the investigation would be unavailable to provide additional information until late next week, after the election, thus leaving a cloud over Rounds� candidacy through election day.

The National Review Online piece brought in some interesting insight from a career FBI agent, now retired, Jeff Lanza:

Jeff Lanza, who worked for the FBI for more than 20 years, tells National Review Online that the acknowledgement of an investigation is a breach of FBI protocol unless a public official has made the investigation public, knowledge of the investigation is already widespread, or the public admission serves a law-enforcement function. Lanza tells NRO that it remains unclear whether the investigation met any of these standards, and he says he is surprised by the bureau�s acknowledgement of the ongoing investigation. �It�s highly unusual that you would acknowledge an investigation into a political figure who is running for office in an upcoming election,� he says. �I think it deserves an explanation, because it does come off as potentially political when you announce an investigation in a candidate who�s running for office.� The FBI has not identified the specific target or targets of its investigation publicly.

Curiouser, and curiouser.

Color me cynical.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-program-a-potential-blow-to-senate-gop/

The FBI is still "actively" probing South Dakota's EB-5 program, it was reported Wednesday -- a new detail that could further complicate the Senate campaign of former governor Mike Rounds (R).

The investigation "is active but I can't say anything more about it," FBI Minneapolis Division Chief Counsel Kyle Loven told The Washington Post Wednesday in a brief interview. He said the probe is focused on the South Dakota Regional Center.

According to its Web site, the center "manages limited partnerships which fund economic development projects on behalf of EB-5 investors in accordance with federal laws and regulations."

As the Sioux Falls Argus Leader reported, federal officials had previously refused to confirm or deny that the investigation was ongoing.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I already voted for Mike

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Me too.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
They have done it in at least 6 places around the country this cycle. What the heck, it worked great on Senator Ted Stevens 4 years ago. Eric Holder dropped the charges after the election, citing "prosecutorial misconduct" for witheld evidence and lies. They were not held accountable however. Go figure.

And thats how we wound up with Mark Baggage.

Last edited by las; 10/31/14.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Calhoun,
They may be terrified of losing the senate, but they aren't desperate. They'd have done this anyway. There's no-one to hold the DOJ accountable so what's the downside? Hopefully Rounds has enough money left in his campaign to run enough ads to counter this. I'd think he'd need to be highly aggressive about it though.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dems being [bleep].

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
They have done it in at least 6 places around the country this cycle. What the heck, it worked great on Senator Ted Stevens 4 years ago. Eric Holder dropped the charges after the election, citing "prosecutorial misconduct" for witheld evidence and lies. They were not held accountable however. Go figure.

Took the words right out of my mouth�.if ever there was any doubt about the lengths that this administration will go in their desperation, it should be obvious by now�.even to the stupid!

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Never fear, this has worked in the past and will work again. To many Republicans buy into the main Stream Media lies and turn on their party's candidate at the drop of a hat.

Funny how they know the Media lies and covers-up for Democrats, but believe everything bad they say about a Republican.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've lived in SD for 54+ years this is a typical Dem ploy to boost their candate. 63% of Rick Weilands(Democrat) campaign funds are from out of state liberal PACS and he says he is running to rid the state of politicians who engage in "dirty politics".Sheeeeeit his party originated them. Magnum Man

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How are the polls showing the contest?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
As of 8 or 9 days ago, Rounds up by 12 or 14 points is what I'm seeing.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
plaice state here we come .....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Everybody and their brother has been "investigating" this for a long time--and yet to find anything. Rounds was ignorant, but clean, on the whole thing.

Dems are desperate!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's all crap of the vilest sort. This EB5 thing is hurting Rounds but not enough. Friday's story on KELO TV (Sioux Falls):

Of those surveyed 39 percent of South Dakotans have a favorable opinion of Rounds, which is a ten point drop from when he was governor. When it comes to an unfavorable view of the former governor 35 percent of South Dakota voters shared that opinion in the poll.

Rounds blames the negative U.S. Senate campaign for the drop.

"I think once we get through the political season, the silly season as I call it, when we get back down to some normal times where we actually start talking about policies again and start talking about those things that bring us together then favorability ratings begin to rise again," Rounds said.

KELO TV

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm not believing much the DOJ has to say.
Waiting to see what they have to say about the Albuquerque PD. Betting more lies than truths - even though the PD does have major problems.
Why miss a political opportunity?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nwa and sac would be proud.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/31/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They did the same to Ted Stevens.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by las

Took the words right out of my mouth�.if ever there was any doubt about the lengths that this administration will go in their desperation, it should be obvious by now�.even to the stupid!

At least one of the so-called prosecutors fed his self a boolit.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It is just SO convenient that they were able to leak the information, but can't comment on or clear up the investigation until right after the election.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

125 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 338rcm, 7x57Hunter, 13 invisible), 1,254 guests, and 789 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,506
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.