Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

More than once, I've had a couple of coyotes putting the sneak on me, (on occasion to their detriment).

I've often wondered if the only difference between one of them going for the gusto and the rest joining in is the marginal time since their last meal.

Of course, I'm not exactly armed with a mandolin and a helluva singin' voice either.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by stxhunter
yeah but its still interesting, first i have heard of a pack of coyotes killing an adult.

I've never heard of coyotes killing a person. ..and I can't understand how the other hikers could just listen to her scream, for what must have been an extended period of time, without trying to do more than call 911. I bet they hear her in their environmentalist nightmares!

You assume they were environmentalists, which is irrelevant (at best).

Also, eastern coyotes are not like the ones out west. A western coyote will be considered huge if it's 35#. An eastern coyote, especially in the northern areas (like Canada), will reach 35# in it's first year and they can easily top 50# or 60# with 70# dogs being reported not too infrequently. Imagine what three Huskies or Malinois could do to a small person (she was about 5'2" and maybe 105#), and you have a good idea of what happened to her.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

More than once, I've had a couple of coyotes putting the sneak on me, (on occasion to their detriment).

I've often wondered if the only difference between one of them going for the gusto and the rest joining in is the marginal time since their last meal.

Of course, I'm not exactly armed with a mandolin and a helluva singin' voice either.

The only thing preventing them going for the gusto is likely you getting the drop on them. If a coyote (or any large wild dog or cat) thinks it can kill and/or eat you, the only thing stopping it from doing so is a change in that thought or your defense against the same.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Emily Mitchell's statement continued. "When the decision had been made to kill the pack of coyotes, I clearly heard Taylor's voice say, 'please don't, this is their space.'

Doesn't this statement tell you how nuts some are; like you'd rather a couple more people get eaten than shoot the yotes. They should stake her out in the woods until she promises not to publicly say stupid crap.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
by the way:

Carolina coyote: 36 pounds. Not the biggest of the pack.

was making its way through a draw while I was on a fawn call.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is what happens when bitey, scratchy and stompie critters dont fear man.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 61 invisible), 3,002 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.