Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
KUIU doesn't seem to be able to do much right. I thought I was the only one with an opened catalog. So I called my buddies and all theirs are opened too. Then I check out a few other hunting forums and see it seems to be a nation wide issue. Really your going to put on a promotion and not send it in a sealed envelope?

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So did the postal employees steal the golden tickets?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
More then likely no golden ticket either way. But if you are going to do something don't do it half azzed.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The ticket was bound into the booklet and had to be torn out. It wasn't just slid in loose. I've had those paper tabs arrive torn due to mail handling in other catalogs.
They can only take so much beating before they tear.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 11/07/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My paper seal tabs weren't torn but peeled back. The catalog was in the sleeve but no golden ticket. I wondered aloud to my wife if my mail carrier had opened them and taken mine out. Seems it must be a widespread problem.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, every postman I see these days is wearing Kuiu gear.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There was nothing on the envelope to suggest there was a "prize" inside. It would be interesting to know if KUIU recorded who got the tickets or were they placed at random inside the sleeves. If in fact postal employees got wind of the prizes and started searching mailers, then they are more of a criminal enterprise than drug dealers. Time will tell.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I got two catalogs. Opened one and threw the other in the trash. I'm sure the garbage man will check it. He and the postman probably hunt together.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The ticket was bound into the booklet and had to be torn out. It wasn't just slid in loose. I've had those paper tabs arrive torn due to mail handling in other catalogs.
They can only take so much beating before they tear.

Doesn't matter how the ticket is placed inside the catalog. If the catalog can be opened freely then someone could take it out very easily. I am not saying the mail people stole them. I am saying that true to most everything I have seen Kuiu do is half azzed. How hard (oh yeah and cheaper) would a plain envolope be? But just like their BS sales only in stock items and oh yeah the only in stock items are small and medium. You Kuiu fan boys can stick up for them all you want but in reality their gear is just average and their operation sucks.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ive been reading the posts on a few forums about the open catalogs and it seems to me that some people will find any reason to complain. Yes KUIU couldve done a better job insuring that the catalog would come unopened. On the other hand then people aka dishonest thieves would just steal the catalog all together and check it then throw it away!
I applaud KUIU for even having a promotion like this! They are giving away some awesome prizes and I hope the winners enjoy their FREE gear!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some folks will find a way to bitch about anything. I doubt very seriously that the mailman is stealing golden tickets. Good lord, this isn't Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Some folks will find a way to bitch about anything. I doubt very seriously that the mailman is stealing golden tickets. Good lord, this isn't Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

It's not the mailman, it's the garbage man! Damn conspiracy I tell ya!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Doesn't matter how the ticket is placed inside the catalog. If the catalog can be opened freely then someone could take it out very easily. I am not saying the mail people stole them. I am saying that true to most everything I have seen Kuiu do is half azzed. How hard (oh yeah and cheaper) would a plain envolope be? But just like their BS sales only in stock items and oh yeah the only in stock items are small and medium. You Kuiu fan boys can stick up for them all you want but in reality their gear is just average and their operation sucks.

Yer killin' me smalls!

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Maybe Kuiu should open a chocolate factory instead..

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've found the guys at KUIU to be first class across the board. They are great businessmen with great products. I'm sorry that some have a negative perception of them but I have nothing but good things to say about them

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Its curious that the OP would choose to start this topic when he has such a low regard for KUIU. With such an opinion, its apparent he must have bought an item as they had his address. The OP states that not only his envelope was opened and all those of his buddies were opened too. This is an incredibly high incidence of "tampering" that is unacceptable. Possibly all of his friends live in high crime areas?

If I was to steal "golden tickets", I'd throw away the catalog rather than putting it back into the mail delivery system.

The OP was also critical of KUIU's lower price announcement last fall. We all benefit from business competition both in pricing and product quality. There seems to be another agenda at issue here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Oh, by the way, Golden Tickets were also inserted into Eastmans Bowhunting Journal, Huntin' Fool, Western Hunter and Safari. I suppose someone stole all those tickets too?
If someone tore out your ticket in the Winter 2014 catalog, there will be a small portion of the ticket still imbedded into the page fold.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 11/10/14.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Maybe Kuiu should open a chocolate factory instead..

LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the record, I never complained, just made an observation that my mailing sleeve was opened. I was joking about the mailman taking out the ticket but then, attempts at humor are rarely successful on the interwebz. Abe Lincoln warned us about that. That's why he invented those litte smiley face things.

I have some Kuiu gear. Love my old Spindrift jacket. That said, I believe most of their stuff to be overpriced, or at least, too rich for my blood for what you get.
But they, like Sitka and others, have found if you convince guys its the best, and that camo is necessary for success, they'll practically throw cash at you and pay any price for the latest and greatest.

Look at my sig line. I believe you get what you pay for. That said, there are other outdoor companies that make some more reasonably priced synthetics. Personally I've sort of gravitated toward some good wool.
But now I'm somewhat off topic I suppose.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Its curious that the OP would choose to start this topic when he has such a low regard for KUIU.

I am also super pissed that I didn't get any free shiit from companies whose products I hate. Bullshit I tell you!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've found the guys at KUIU to be first class across the board. They are great businessmen with great products. I'm sorry that some have a negative perception of them but I have nothing but good things to say about them

+1.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I am lovin' the KUIU bino harness/pouch.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I've been curious about the bino harness Sam. Glad to hear good things about it.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I like my KUIU stuff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The belt has been they only thing I've kept. Shirts fit like schit and the U6k wasn't worth the hype.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Akbob5
I've been curious about the bino harness Sam. Glad to hear good things about it.

I love my bino harness. Size large fits my SLC 10x42 perfect. Have also used it without the pouch and just the harness. Works very well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes

+1.

+2.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.........edited............

Last edited by TheBigSky; 11/23/14.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,511
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.