Print Thread
Hop To
#9321368 11/08/14
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thinking about getting my boy his 1st bow for Xmas. What are my options? I want something that is super adjustable and he can grow with. Right now, I'm doubting he could pull a whole heck of a lot back as far as poundage. I just don't know. He's 7yrs old, but big for his age. What's a good starter bow?

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
BP-B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Hoyt Ruckus, Hoyt Ignite and the Diamond Razor Edge should be top of the list.

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Thinking about getting my boy his 1st bow for Xmas. What are my options? I want something that is super adjustable and he can grow with. Right now, I'm doubting he could pull a whole heck of a lot back as far as poundage. I just don't know. He's 7yrs old, but big for his age. What's a good starter bow?

The Diamond infinite edge would be super adjustable bit would cost you around $320-$350 new. I got my 9 year old daughter a Diamond Nuclear Ice (used) and she loves it. It shoots well at 20yrds. The Nuke Ice was replaced by the Atomic but they seem to be very similar. You may also wish to look at the Mathews Genisis or mini Genisis, I think this is what my youngest daughter is getting for Christmas.

Hope this helps, good luck to you.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My brother and I took his grandson out to a local range so the 6yr old could try out compounds and recurves.
Glad we did, he's cross dominant, right hand, left eye.
We'll be working out his options and needs here shortly.
Glad I didn't get ahead of myself and buy what I thought would work...

Sorry I can't help with a bow choice, yet.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Diamond Atomic or Infinite Edge. Depends on how big your son is. The Craze IMO is too heavy for a smaller framed shooter

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
My son is 11 years old and after much research I bought him a mission craze. This bow is absolutely awesome. The craze is such a perfect fit and is fully adjustable from 15 to I believe 60 or 70 lbs.Draw length is also fully adjustable and everything can be done without a bow press.Plus Mission is made by Matthews so warranty, quality, etc. is top notch. I wanted a bow that I wouldn't have to replace every three years. He literally could shoot this bow until he is 18 or older. Take your son to try one out, I'm sure you will be impressed.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I started my son with a Matthews Genesis and moved up to a Mission Riot. The new Mission bows are incredible but the Genesis is still the way to go for younger/smaller kids......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I just picked up a Misson Craze for my 9 year son last night. He is a skinny twerp but he did just fine with it.

He had a little Diamond bow (forgot the model) that he was shooting these last couple years but he seemed to outgrow it which was ok cause it is now my daughters with the addition of a new pink string.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Diamond Atomic or Infinite Edge. Depends on how big your son is. The Craze IMO is too heavy for a smaller framed shooter

Been looking at the Diamond (BowTech) Infinite Edge vs the Mission (Matthews) Craze for my 12yr old. Both seem to be very nice set-ups, with the Infinite Edge slightly lower in price (unless you're gonna replace the sight/rest/etc when you get it).

Looking at the spec's, the weights showed to be just 1-2oz different - that not the case? Or is the Infinite Edge weight with the accessories and the Craze just the bare bow?

Thanks!

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
726 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,174 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,749
Posts18,401,306
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.