Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Laugh'n,,, your addicted aren't you, you and rockey both. I have a 1600 and 3600 ambassaduer problem. Hi, my name is Troy and I'm a reelaholic. Problem is I'm even more of a rodaholic!

My wife just asked me yesterday why I needed 70 rods and reels. I didn't have a good answer so i just kept quiet so as not to start an argument. Then she says, "you're ignoring me aren't you?" grin

Heddon Mk III

[Linked Image]

Diawa Millionaire 5H

[Linked Image]

Johnson 110B

[Linked Image]

Action Rod Hastings, MI

[Linked Image]

Horrocks Ibbotson Mod. 1901

[Linked Image]

Heddon Pal P-41

[Linked Image]

Heddon Pal

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/wmwAAOSwd4tUHvjn/$_12.JPG[/img]

Penn 930

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/8KcAAOSwd4tT6SgA/$_12.JPG[/img]

Jim Heddon's Favorite - bamboo

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/gcYAAOSwGvhT5usn/$_57.JPG[/img]

Heddon's # 15 - Premier bamboo

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/Njc5WDE2MDA=/z/dT0AAOSw7NNT6oA0/$_57.JPG[/img]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks for all the replies
Update.....just went to cabelas and sent them some ready made junk....for now they have been casting in the back yard and trying to hit the kiddy pool and are having a blast.. I will be on the hunt for some old quality reels from garage sales and pawn shops. When they get older ill get them a quality usa made rod...

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I have a few Pfleuger Cetina reels and they are pretty solid. These are about the only spincast reels I have really cared for. I haven't tried the nicer Zebcos but I think they would give them a run for the money. They are built pretty solid and cast better than any spin cast reel I have tried. When I have them to people the first response is that they are heavier than they thought they would be. But the weight is quality and not just fluff. The spools are stupid easy to replace and the they are fairly smooth for a spin cast reel. Right now they are discontinued and can be found for a discounted price. I have 2 of the smallest reels which are perfect for bream and crappie on a light rod. I also have one of the smaller underspin reels I plan to use for small spinners and jigs. I also just found the mid sized reel at gander mountain and I will set that one up for fishing guests for catfish and bass. I got 2 from bass pro for $20, on of pfluegers website for $25 and the midsize for $25 from gander mountain. I plan to buy anymore of these that I see. They are mostly for people who might go fishing with me to use but I honestly would be comfortable leaving my favorite reels at home and just fishing with these. I'll probably upgrade to a good florocarbon line on them just because I think they could handle a little more than most similar reels. I want to eek the most out of them when I use them.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

627 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,020 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,245
Posts18,447,972
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.