-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody able to tell me the maker of this trigger? it is on a mauser made in England by firearms co. the model of the rifle is the Alpine. any information will be appreciated. thanks in advance.[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I don't knowwho made their triggers. The actions were Santa Barberas and the triggers may have been from the same company but are unlike the triggers found on the Parker Hales. When tehy went out of business, there were all sorts of parts on the block and no telling from where they were sourced. I bought a half dozen barrel blanks and they were fine barrels but I have no idea who made them. GD

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
thanks graydog. the barrel is a pencil thin taper from chamber to muzzle. looks like you could tie it into a knot. shoots like a house a fire!. even with my eyes and open sights it printed 1 inch at 50 and 1.5 at 100. haven't loaded enough rounds to shoot it a lot. have some more brass on the way. with all the set screws this trigger has it has to be adjustable more than I have discovered. if you loosen the front engagement screw you get travel with a distinct click with the safety set. then when you move off safe the trigger is a very light pull. a form of set trigger? well made anyway.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by greydog
I don't knowwho made their triggers. The actions were Santa Barberas and the triggers may have been from the same company but are unlike the triggers found on the Parker Hales. When tehy went out of business, there were all sorts of parts on the block and no telling from where they were sourced. I bought a half dozen barrel blanks and they were fine barrels but I have no idea who made them. GD

Based on what I've read ...

Parker Hale made their own hammer forged barrels, in house, and they do have a very good reputation for being accurate.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
this rifle was heavily influenced by Parker Hale. the company ( the Firearms Company of Bridgewater England) made two models. the Premier and the Alpine. this rifle is the alpine. with a Simmons scope ( only one I hade loose) on it it weighs 7LBS.
believe me I had more than a little worry shooting it the first time. in 300 win mag I thought it would at least rattle my teeth.
it has recoil about like my 30-06. I bought it here from a member and thought I would tinker with it and flip it.
unfortunately I feel a love affair growing. only 300 win mag in the house. maybe I can sneak this one past the wifes rule of "one in, one out. which I conceder totally out of line.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deerstalker
this rifle was heavily influenced by Parker Hale. the company ( the Firearms Company of Bridgewater England) made two models. the Premier and the Alpine. this rifle is the alpine. with a Simmons scope ( only one I hade loose) on it it weighs 7LBS.
believe me I had more than a little worry shooting it the first time. in 300 win mag I thought it would at least rattle my teeth.
it has recoil about like my 30-06. I bought it here from a member and thought I would tinker with it and flip it.
unfortunately I feel a love affair growing. only 300 win mag in the house. maybe I can sneak this one past the wifes rule of "one in, one out. which I conceder totally out of line.

That trigger housing appears to be well machined and put together. I thought the PH trigger guards were a casting(I am probably wrong about that ).

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The Parker Hale triggers were a zinc alloy casting. Also, the rear guard screw passed through the rear of the trigger housing. This trigger looks very Timneyish.
By the way, the "one in, one out" rule IS totally out of line and you may tell your wife I said so. GD

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
thanks Graydog. having a hard time typing with 2 black eyes!
guess I will just play with it and see what does what.
after my eyes get well that is. lol

Last edited by deerstalker; 11/13/14.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
From Numrich a few years back I got some 300 Win mag, 23.75", Mauser thread, Midland, Parker Hale Chrome Moly barrels.
2# 8 oz, $44.50 + $3.24 shipping = $47.74 delivered

Just more used junk barrels...... but they are honed on the inside like a select match Shilen or Krieger!!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Bold?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 62 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,664
Posts18,455,763
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.