Hop To
#9331161 11/12/14
M
MILES58 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Shot another one last night with a Barnes T-EZ. 50 feet, 1700 FPS. I am really liking the performance I get out of them. They've all been pretty much the same train wreck inside, lungs turned to soup and heart shredded.

Last night's deer was caliber size hole into the hide and caliber size hole going out of the hide. The middle was like I said. That deer hit the ground so hard and fast it bounced. The other two just stood and stared at it trying to figure why it decided to pull a stunt like that.

Couldn't ask for anything more out of a bullet. Think I'll go buy more just in case they decide to mess them up or discontinue them.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a question about the Barnes T-EZ.

How does it do in regards to meat damage?

I've seen a few pics of critters shot with Barnes ML bullets and the offside was a mess.

M
MILES58 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I shot one 2-3 years ago with a 250 grain T-EZ that I thought would be bad. Through the base of the scapula on both sides. The deer was about 110 lb fawn. Same load as above, but 50 yards.

Golf ball size hole all the way through. Sounded like a juicy turd hitting the sidewalk from 30 stories up. The damn deer didn't even go down, it just sort of swayed away and then turned and ran off. Made it fifty yards or so.

I could have pushed a shovel handle through the wound and then with a person on each end walked it out to the road. Burt... like every other deer I've killed with any Barnes, that hole was the only wrecked meat, less than a hand full. The rest was just fine.

I just skinned the one I shot last night, and I suspect there might be more wrecked meat because it's a little smaller fawn and it seemed pretty crunchy. The outside of the off shoulder looks good. The off shoulder definitely took a bigger hit.

I shot two deer last year with a .223. One with a 3300 FPS 53 grain TSX, the other with a 3000 FPS 53 grain TSX. Both looked the same as the above described 250. Golf ball size hole, hardly any wrecked meat.

Ask me again tomorrow. I plan to shoot two more tonight just the same way. I have way to many deer where I live and I have the perfect set up to dispatch them. I frequently have 8-10 of them in my yard. Needless to say I am getting even for what they did to my garden.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
How do happen to know what a juicy turd sounds like hitting the sidewalk?

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MILES58
Shot another one last night with a Barnes T-EZ. 50 feet, 1700 FPS. I am really liking the performance I get out of them. They've all been pretty much the same train wreck inside, lungs turned to soup and heart shredded.

Last night's deer was caliber size hole into the hide and caliber size hole going out of the hide. The middle was like I said. That deer hit the ground so hard and fast it bounced. The other two just stood and stared at it trying to figure why it decided to pull a stunt like that.

Couldn't ask for anything more out of a bullet. Think I'll go buy more just in case they decide to mess them up or discontinue them.

+1 they lay the smack down.. hit thru the ribs I only had one keyhole (shot about 150 yards) and as a result there was a 1inch by 3 inch slot on the left side of the ribcage.

IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
His been there done that. the TEZ or TMZ have worked well for me on every deer I've shoot with it and the knight bloodline bullets work well also.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How many grains of powder have you been running with them?

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
M
MILES58 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RandyR
How many grains of powder have you been running with them?

66 grains by weight works best n all three of my ML guns. ERuns at 1700 over my chrony.

M
MILES58 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by BarHunter

Doesn't everyone try bombing pedestrians when they go to the city?

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Killed a 8 Saturday with 290 tez did a good job on him

Tater
IC B3

M
MILES58 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Shot another one tonight with the T-EZ. Same thing all over again. Caliber size holes in the hide and a train wreck inside the chest. Bambi managed about 8 feet this time.

I have three more to shoot with them this year. Some day I will recover a Barnes of one flavor or another... I hope.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

You need to work on your bombing accuracy.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
M
MILES58 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M

You need to work on your bombing accuracy.

Hard to see the target and knowing when to push hard and fast is difficult. The wife frowns on the activity and refuses to act as bombardier. Check into a big hotel with another guy who's up for bombardier duty and they look at you like you're queer.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (6mmbrfan, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.