Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kitch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm considering a Pendersoli Roller in 40-65 but it comes with that blade front sight, useless for target shooting so, if I get it I'll get the MVA Medium range tang sight to replace it.

Does anyone know which way the front sight should drift to take it out...right or left side?

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That'll depend on the quality of the wine and pasta circulating at the time Luigi or Guido were performing their "Artisan" chores,....in my not insubstantial experience working on the products of the 32 hour GOVERNMENT MANDATED,...work week, it could be EITHER.

Dave Higginbotham's long gone, and so's Dick Trenk, ....God rest both of their respective sets of bones. I doubt that the Italian playboy heirs to the Pedersoli legacy have any resource or incentive equal to what they WERE.

......Cryin' out loud man,....slap a set of half decent calipers on either side of the damned thing,and make your own call,... it's not a rocket ship.

The only GOOD Pedersoli is a USED one,....WTF would anybody support those anti-American communist A-wholes,.....their damned eratic and lower quality stuff purchased NEW is a slap in the American BPCR builders faces.

....only been sayin' this for what,...the last 15 years, Boys ?

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 11/16/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Kitch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Maybe you could cough up about 4 grand for a Shiloh for me and I'll get one of those instead. Had Higgenbothan not went and shot himself I would gladly have went for a Lonestar but, water over the bridge.

You need a good shrink, my friend. Ask a simple question and ballistic missiles fly. Sorry I woke you up. You can go back into your cave now.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A "shrink" ?

You are the interesting little piece of work here, Mister, and by your own admission, dumber than a box of ROCKS, regarding BPCR accuracy,care, and feeding.

A FINE CPA Stevens with unfinished stocks is a FINE Bargain, at under U.S. $2 K,.....and

There were some SPECTACULAR quality Pedersolis,...ONCE (maybe twice). The "Silhouette Model" that went for $999 + shipping was a damned fine rifle, once fitted with proper sights,....Dave Trenk's coaching and steering of somewhat degenerate factory habits, coupled with his "Pedersoli Challenge" and other drum banging were the impetus.

You're obviously in the dark as to the fact that Dave H. and what he had to do with Pedersoli's finally figuring out how to build a half decent BPCR replica,...and I was making ZILCH reference to his fine Lone Star marque.

I'll get one of those instead

If what you're talking about is some "newer" Pedersoli,...you're gonna be SADLY disappointed,....and some simple research would verify THAT.
You just go ahead and fill your little boots with your own piss, stupid,....you'll have better success at that, than trying to impress old hands here with your guff,....

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where did you pull the 4 grand for the Shiloh bit from?
For 2 grand you can have either a Shiloh or a C Sharps, 4 grand would be for super fancy wood, sights and probably some engraving...

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ranch13
Where did you pull the 4 grand for the Shiloh bit from?
For 2 grand you can have either a Shiloh or a C Sharps, 4 grand would be for super fancy wood, sights and probably some engraving...

Knowing as little about dovetails, tapers, or how they're cut, I probably should not have DARED to come out of my "cave".

Dunno' much more about BPCR sights, and how that all comes together, either.

sincerist apologies, Old Timer.

sarcasm OFF......

This "Kitch" clown is some "Bench rest" twit waving his little pecker around Don,....nothing we've not seen before.

DO have to wonder WHICH "40-65" chamber Ped's cutting these days,....
other than the loosely AUGERED hole they were presenting.

Best sights on the planet aren't a whole heap of help, when so equipped.

Hopin' you see more warm, and more snow

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why am I chucklin'? laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Pear request:

STFU, and let me hide in my cave, until this latest "spurt" storm blows over, or away.

....my current condition of mortification, and embarrassment knows no bounds.

I really had NO idea that I was talking to the REAL "Kitch".

Sure certain that none should take his postings lightly, henceforth.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

I think I spotted for the fella'pictured above once.

Very cheerful and upbeat character, he.

Nice smile, too.

GTC

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell for 4 grand he could have a really nice Hepburn...A CPA with a 4 barrels....

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Look, you know how fast things can transmogrificate on this site, and how hard it can be to stay on track sometimes,...
I think the important question out on the table is whether that Pear DD put up looks like Dave Gullo ( "Ipana Dave") or not.
I know you may have frozen your pre frontal lobe (again) while feeding, but Please try to keep up, wudja ?
Someone PM'd me and said it was a rendering of too many letters, after breaking a good shot.

If a guy wanted a rolling block that can hit what it's aimed at, there's sure a nice John King build available over at Az Sharpshooters right now.

There,....back on track.

GTC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Naw the head is to pointy to be Gullo,,, Rhodes maybe...

www.historicshooting.com
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
...Someone PM'd me and said it was a rendering of too many letters, after breaking a good shot...GTC

I resemble that remark! grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've been just a bit un-diplomatic in my eval of the Spaghetti Rolling block effort.

As more than a few of you know, it is NOT a real Remington Rider patterned arm, with some unusual "Dimensional Differences", the most notable being PIN SPACING, which gives it a somewhat unique and , maybe for some "Desirable" characteristic.

I'm talking about their propensity to "Blow Open and Eject" function,....something that old Eliphelet and Rider never quite got right.

"Kitch" must be a semi auto fan.

Gotta' dash, the pharmacy called, and my weeks issue of psychotropic meds is ready for pickup.

Later.

GTC

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gotta' dash, the pharmacy called, and my weeks issue of psychotropic meds is ready for pickup.

Later.

GTC

Take a double dose, and I'll let you talk me outta trying to reload 8x58r for the Remington Action Gustav rebuild I found in my truck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is a GREAT cartridge, as long as one stays in the low -midrange velocity window,....as you know they have a GREAT barrel. Thanks for your advice,.....

The Yohimbe Powder seems to be of exceptional quality this month,....thinking I'd regained my edge, I went to some old notes, and an article written behind a convenient dumpster years ago, while drinking Gallo Port,.... regarding the Pedersoli Roller's design team. I THOUGHT I had it pinned down, but it turns out that Don Guiseppe de Flatulato, and Sr. Guido Marinara were assigned to the Pietta / San Marco works to re-engineer Col. Colts design, by placing the Base pin release prints upside down on a copier. The frames went in one direction, the base pins in the other.
As far as who came up with moving the Roller's pins so far apart that there's a ugly GAP between the hammer and block at full cock,....research continues.

Last edited by crossfireoops; 11/18/14.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

I've decided I want one of these about 18" tall, on my truck's headache rack, facing aft.

When the turn signals are put in play, the eyes swing in that direction, in sync. with the flasher.

No shortage of WORTHWHILE projects abounding, these days.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is a GREAT cartridge, as long as one stays in the low -midrange velocity window,....as you know they have a GREAT barrel. Thanks for your advice,.....

Pretty sure Gustav, or Sven or whomever put this virgin 33-1/8" 8mm barrel on this heat treated beauty, and then they forgot about it under a pile of lutefisk.

I thought I was getting a donor action for a BP straightwalled lead chunker, but this barrel looks too good to prop in the corner...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The ultimate state of sucking has never been achieved, but with that old cannon you're close to the edge of almost there.

I am..........disturbed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,082 guests, and 1,437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.